SW Firepower debate on SB.com

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Trinoya
Security Officer

Re: SW Firepower debate on SB.com

Post by Trinoya » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:24 am

I had a feeling they were one and the same... Ah, that means I can add stuff to my sig over there ^_^ Happy days!

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:38 am

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:[

Why don't you actually provide evidence, instead of sniping at me from a distance? Like, make a case. Find quotes, find evidence, find anything to support your case.

You too, Jedi Matt. If you're a mod, you should only be doing what is essentially bashing me if I broke a forum rule. I haven't. Instead, you seem to have some grudge against me, but have neither on this forum nor the other provided a single shred of evidence to support your case. None. None.
I knew it was you your entirely..guilty of everything me and mat have accused you of

and now your guilty of acting like an internet tough guy too..by posting dur challengez..thread

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:45 pm

Jedi Matt wrote:Puhleaz

Boy your nothing but a dirty wanker and a troll. Your also an idiot who doesn't back your claims very well either.
Can the insults please...
This IS against THIS board's rules...

User1469
Padawan

Post by User1469 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:21 pm

Understood.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:28 pm

Jedi Matt wrote:http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthre ... 860&page=5

Some stuff from him.
First off he doesn't know the exact numbers, so he assumes logically.
Which in other words we call that lying through your teeth.

He really doesn't know all too much about the Vong, but is quite willing to make his own assumptions up as he goes along. Mod calls him out and he leaves never to return.
You know, he was making very, very good points there regarding SW. For Starcraft, it's an universe I wouldn't bother with. It became officially nuts the moment I saw that stupid cracked open planet and the other Coruscanted one. One could complain Lucas didn't get the implied industrial might of his universe, but there Blizzard just got even more retarded.
And the whole Zerg vs battleships and things just as silly as that. No thanks. Not even with a million bucks on the plate. SCverse is just too stupid to bother.

User1469
Padawan

Post by User1469 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:38 pm

That's always been a mystery. High end calcs and ranges for weapons, yet battleships can blow up due to flying zerg?

Jeeez puts your weaponry to shame.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:26 pm

It's actually not too ludicrous. New Folsom, the planet with the chunks missing from it's crust, is smaller than Mars and has a geologically unstable crust. Those long lines we see could be made of carbon nanotubes slapped together, considering that I once saw plans on a History Channel special to make carbon nanotubes into a space elevator using technology that isn't too much more advanced than todays.

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/New_Folsom

Korhal, I agree, is nuts.

As for flying Zerg being able to take down Battlecruisers, it mentions in the SC I manual that Scourges turn themselves into plasma when they attack. So it's not a KE attack, but a plasma-based one.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:39 pm

I thought some of the nasties in 40K called the tyranids could rip shit apart much stronger than a BC from SC?, or do you consider that just as retarded?.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:45 pm

Yeah they can but I think they fit better in the 40K universe then the Zerg do in SC. The 'nids also do ranged combat in space, so it's not "lol 'nid smash!"

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:24 am

Khas wrote:It's actually not too ludicrous. New Folsom, the planet with the chunks missing from it's crust, is smaller than Mars and has a geologically unstable crust. Those long lines we see could be made of carbon nanotubes slapped together, considering that I once saw plans on a History Channel special to make carbon nanotubes into a space elevator using technology that isn't too much more advanced than todays.

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/New_Folsom
It's batshit insane fucking bullshit nuts... sir.
First, because the planet would collapse on itself, rather obviously, and there's nothing worth spending whatever industry applying continental blisters to prevent the planet from being worth a peanut: on one would stay on a planet, and auxiliarily, be able to survive on it the moment it suffered massive shear to the point of being cracked up like an egg with rifts literally exposing the core... the core that glows, of course. Image

And the fact that nothing ever gave a hint that the Terran Confederacy ever got the kind of industry to support such a feat.

Oh wait, it's even more stupid. The planet is unstable... but they built shit on and around it, just for the kicks, and just because you absolutely need a lava world in every video game, some dumbass decided to build a prison on a volcano caldera, on this planet.
Korhal, I agree, is nuts.
No.
It's pants on head boner retarded.
As for flying Zerg being able to take down Battlecruisers, it mentions in the SC I manual that Scourges turn themselves into plasma when they attack. So it's not a KE attack, but a plasma-based one.
In a thread last year, you had l33telboi and Leo arguing endlessly about some Hydralisk nails going through some battlecruiser's hull and blowing up some core or something sensible.
That's the stupid of SC's scales and badly thought out designs, and also trying to apply more or less literally something totally abstract in terms of games rules. Truth said, before knowing more about SC, I know thought that the battlecruisers were of the size of huge spaceships. I just thought they were fancy flying/hovering armoured and armed tanks of some sort.
It would have been much better to treat them that way.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:30 am

Kor_Dahar_Master wrote:I thought some of the nasties in 40K called the tyranids could rip shit apart much stronger than a BC from SC?, or do you consider that just as retarded?.
They come in all sizes. But even the basic genestealer (closer to the first generations) is said to have very, very nasty claws.
It's therefore no surprise that either a sort of Tyranid capable of long range firing (perhaps biotitans) or some flying monstruosity could fit the requirements.
And yes, they have their own slow as hell flying ships.