My recently started blog - need suggestions

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: My recently started blog - need suggestions

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:38 pm

noncanon wrote:No stalking here, I simply wish to get both sides of the story. Unlike other people from SDN I have no allegiance to any given series or any given forum. I am but a fly on the wall most times, and when I voice my opinions it is only to learn from given responses.

As for the topic of this thread, I feel I was well within perimeters; I am inquiring about an element of his blog I did not feel was adequately explained. I merely wished for him to clarify his sources for 'armor tunics'. Unless I misinterpreted the meaning of 'need suggestions' I believe I was on topic, I was suggesting that he clarify a statement.

Edit: mistaken identity
I understand. What I was doing was just making sure since your appearance was a bit coincidental to Picard's being banned from SDN and from it's iwiki. As long as you keep civil and don't simply chase Picard all over this board, you're free to carry on.
-Mike

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:16 pm

I updated stgc page.

EDIT: I'm also in process of watching entire TNG, episode-by-episode.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:02 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:Actually, light body armor was seen as far back as ST:TMP and ST:TVH. The heavier body armor was, as you say, first seen in DS9's "Nor the Battle to the Strong...".

As for photon grenades, we have to assume that the first showing of that is the mortar-like weapon Kirk used against the Gorn on Cestus III in "Arena". Personal forcefields, on the other hand, are not seen in "Timescape" (those are temporal protection fields, not ones for use in combat) , they are mentioned in DS9's "Homefront" and actually seen in "A Fistful of Datas" (one cobbled together by Worf from a combadge).
-Mike
Also, the uniform from the MACOs on ENT seemed somewhat resistant to energy weapons, as the same weapons that were scoring kills on prisoners only wound a MACO that was hit to the torso, as seen here at 1:18...

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 am

Does anyone know where to find high-quality "Rise" screenshots?

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:18 pm

No matter, I got these.