How long will it take for Wong to update his site

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: How long will it take for Wong to update his site

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:25 am

Far be it from me to tell someone what they should be doing with their lives, but I would hope that Wong is concentrating on more important things like his wife and children.
-Mike

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:46 am

Youngla0450 wrote:Too busy? Wong had six years to update his site. That is more then enough. How long is that? Basically half a decade!
He has a family for Christ sake. Thats a little more important then updating a site for folks he doesn't know, gawd boy get some perspective.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:41 am

On the other hand, Wong has posted a rather large amount of times on SDN's forum over the past 6 years, and I recall it was pointed out that his combined posts under his Darth Wong, Admiral Kanos and other accounts is several times the combined number that even the top 3 posters here on SFJN. So if he can put that much effort into those things, he could conceivably have parsed some time out for the "I Want YOU for the Galactic Empire " portion of SDN.
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:49 am

And drive through all the evidence he and his pals have conveniently ignored for years?
That's too much of a dedication here. Right or wrong, he just has not enough interest in this debate anymore, it's pretty clear. He's only going to repeat himself, but never go through the whole pain in the A of editing his website. It's a can of worms/pandora box. It's too much trouble, and with the evidence at hand, he'd either have to get closer to the ICS mantra, or appear more reasonable, which requires much more work and would actually be a complete concession, considering that the ICS bullcrap is basically SDN and Saxton's baby.
So don't count on it. Somehow, I guess it's better that way, so we don't get all the vehement warsies being so active as to assault other boards, frothing and all that.
We clearly see people getting tired of the ICS crackpot material at SBC.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:11 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:On the other hand, Wong has posted a rather large amount of times on SDN's forum over the past 6 years, and I recall it was pointed out that his combined posts under his Darth Wong, Admiral Kanos and other accounts is several times the combined number that even the top 3 posters here on SFJN. So if he can put that much effort into those things, he could conceivably have parsed some time out for the "I Want YOU for the Galactic Empire " portion of SDN.
-Mike

*shrug* I figure theres a difference between posting on the board and doing all the math and work to update the site. Now I admit that I don't know much about math or science in general but I suspect there would be a fair amount of time involved in doing this.

Or as I've mentioned before, maybe he's just burned out on it. Its not like doing it will change anyones mind whose been in it a long time.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:28 pm

"He may have won a battle, but he didn't won this war."
- General couchpotato.

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Post by Youngla0450 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:39 pm

Guys, you know I think Mr. Wong is overly aggressive. He is rude all the time to others, does not accept counter-evidence, and tries to bombard others into submission with lies and insults. He always thinks he is right. Wong also is known to overly insult those who counter him. People such as Mike Dicenso and JediMasterSpock are widely considered idiots on ImperialWiki and the StarDestroyer.net forums. The people on Wong's sites are overly rude and aggressive as well.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:14 pm

Youngla0450 wrote:Guys, you know I think Mr. Wong is overly aggressive. He is rude all the time to others, does not accept counter-evidence, and tries to bombard others into submission with lies and insults. He always thinks he is right. Wong also is known to overly insult those who counter him. People such as Mike Dicenso and JediMasterSpock are widely considered idiots on ImperialWiki and the StarDestroyer.net forums. The people on Wong's sites are overly rude and aggressive as well.
Their wiki is not worth it, and you're just trying too hard to stir trouble.
Now, if you want to settle an issue regarding some debate in particular, you know how to do. You can challenge him directly, wait until we grab some popcorn first.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:42 pm

Does this boy have an off switch?

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Post by Youngla0450 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:42 pm

Everybody here seems hostile to me. As I said earlier, I am no longer acting rude or aggressive, and I actually encourage comments, unlike Mr. Wong.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:50 pm

Did you ever actually engage Mike in debate or are you just a shit disturber?

Mr. O was right, challenge Wong via email and shut your trap.

Edit: You joined 27 Jul, Mike hasn't logged in since 23 May. That handily answers my question.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:08 am

The Dude wrote:Did you ever actually engage Mike in debate or are you just a shit disturber?

Mr. O was right, challenge Wong via email and shut your trap.

Edit: You joined 27 Jul, Mike hasn't logged in since 23 May. That handily answers my question.
Wooei?? I missed that... what was your question?

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:14 am

Oh I asked him if he ever actually debated Mike, as his list of complaints is all "he was/is mean." But he joined after Mike left for the summer and it was Edi who banned him.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:38 am

The Dude wrote:Oh I asked him if he ever actually debated Mike, as his list of complaints is all "he was/is mean." But he joined after Mike left for the summer and it was Edi who banned him.
OK.
Yougla, wait for Mike Wong to return, and then contact him for a duel. 5 posts each, each post perhaps two Word pages long tops, a delay of 3~4 days between each volley (one post from each side).
He he he he...

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:40 am

What exactly is it that Youngla is planning on trying to debate Wong on?
-Mike