Two things: 1. Flak burst Vs. Shield glare; 2. Weak shields

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:56 pm

In the end it probably doesn't matter. We see N-1 shields being hull hugging, yet they're flying through a field of those same explosions when a squadron of them attacks the Trade Federation droid ship.

This would be the final nail in the whole cloud theory's coffin.

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:39 am

They've prided themselves on the 'let's keep it exceedingly simple for explanations' for what, a decade almost? As a group; individually, it probably goes back longer. That way, they can claim uber civilization status by using only the most basic concepts in the largest way possible. But, this is also coming from a group that will believe that things sent into hyperspace are changed into tachyonic matter, while still not having their complex mass/energy changed in the slightest, even though they are changing from baryonic to tachyonic, which would change the complex mass/energy and is in opposition to us seeing baryonic matter continuing to stay like baryonic matter in hyperspace. They are my car wrreck that I can't look away from. I've actually really tried to get out of the debate...but I can't just get away from it.