LMAO@SpaceBattles!

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: LMAO@SpaceBattles!

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:37 pm

Sorry, it was Ricrery1.

I don't like being used like he does. His appeals to "authority" (like if I were an authority now) are annoying. We know creamy won't concede a thing on our past confrontations, it's not going to get anywhere. He's not particularly helpful when doing such things, and he's citing me way too much, and improperly recalling my actions, instead of just pointing to what I said. He should leave me out of that. I'll have to PM him to get this clarified and stopped. If at least, on the average, he could make more good points than bad points, it might be worthwhile, or at least not detrimental, but here it's just that bad.

Admittedly, it's not really Ricrery1's fault, since he just got baited by trolling from Connor, with creamy just following. Whatever stupid thing they can say, and they do say a lot, it doesn't really matter. What matters is facts, and on that side of things, I'm rather satisfied with what I presented and how it allowed me to take the upper hand.

You got to love his latest dismissal of the yield equivalency given between a nova cannon shell (there's a variety of them though, so it's probably in reference to the more basic ones) and a dozen plasma bombs.
When the description of a plasma bomb is given, creamy conflates this fact with the other idea that missiles can be of any size, and thus powerful enough to whack continents if needed. Nevermind that the the plasma bomb described in the BFG source, the same that makes the equivalency NV = 12 PB, clearly provides a description that caps the firepower.
OF course, you can build any size of missile once you're capable of traveling in space. But if you wanted to build, say, a fission or fusion missile capable of leveling an entire continent, it would have to be mind bogglingly huge. You'd better just lob asteroids, it would be cheaper.
That's the kind of sneaky fact-distortions creamy will use, and I'm not sure Ricrery1 is good enough to properly debunk such attempts yet.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:11 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Sorry, it was Ricrery1.
No worries i figured it would be a misquote or summat like that i just wanted to make sure so i could change it.
I don't like being used like he does. His appeals to "authority" (like if I were an authority now) are annoying. We know creamy won't concede a thing on our past confrontations, it's not going to get anywhere. He's not particularly helpful when doing such things, and he's citing me way too much, and improperly recalling my actions, instead of just pointing to what I said. He should leave me out of that. I'll have to PM him to get this clarified and stopped. If at least, on the average, he could make more good points than bad points, it might be worthwhile, or at least not detrimental, but here it's just that bad.
Well you did kick ass so much that they ended up banning you dude, WR has rather obvious scars that he is not even close to getting over from it as he mentions you on a regular basis and it is as clear as day that mentioning it is like twisting a knife in his gut.

Admittedly, it's not really Ricrery1's fault, since he just got baited by trolling from Connor, with creamy just following. Whatever stupid thing they can say, and they do say a lot, it doesn't really matter. What matters is facts, and on that side of things, I'm rather satisfied with what I presented and how it allowed me to take the upper hand.
Is that the same connor that added a few megajoules onto a projectile weapons power (for cauterization) because the writer did not mention blood spray from some guys getting shot in the head, as well as ignoring the fact that one comment about the corpses said their faces were gone and the next said their heads were blown off (without them getting shot again) ?..

You got to love his latest dismissal of the yield equivalency given between a nova cannon shell (there's a variety of them though, so it's probably in reference to the more basic ones) and a dozen plasma bombs.
When the description of a plasma bomb is given, creamy conflates this fact with the other idea that missiles can be of any size, and thus powerful enough to whack continents if needed. Nevermind that the the plasma bomb described in the BFG source, the same that makes the equivalency NV = 12 PB, clearly provides a description that caps the firepower.
OF course, you can build any size of missile once you're capable of traveling in space. But if you wanted to build, say, a fission or fusion missile capable of leveling an entire continent, it would have to be mind bogglingly huge. You'd better just lob asteroids, it would be cheaper.
That's the kind of sneaky fact-distortions creamy will use, and I'm not sure Ricrery1 is good enough to properly debunk such attempts yet.
He can get away with it because of his bubdies, shit look at the warning i got, i asked politely for info recieved a abusive personal attack and as such altered my sig a bit (like rama and others have done) and yet i get a 12 month 25 point warning for a personal attack and he gets nothing until his next insult (after i started complaint procedures).

Oh and that was his Seventh personal attack and insult in that thread alone!!!...

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:04 pm

Ok so i have posted to "the observer" as the third step:

Hello Observer,

I am contacting you in regards to making a complaint regarding unfair and biased treatment by a moderator as per the "SpaceBattles Complaint Procedure".

I received a 12 month 25 point warning today from SuperS4:
Dear Kor,

You have received an infraction at SpaceBattles.com.

Reason: personal attack
-------
Your trolling of White Rabbit will not be tolerated. Do not make personal attacks such as this.

Also, remove said attacks from you signature, ie everything from you sig that is in reference to White Rabbit.
-------

This infraction is worth 25 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.
The warning and punishment was because of how i had my sig however the warning was while i was posting in this thread:

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthre ... 517&page=2

Where i quite honestly and reasonably posted this request for more info from a member called Ricery1:

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showpost ... stcount=46

And got this insulting personal attack from white_rabbit (last comment on the post):

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showpost ... stcount=48

As such and in reply to the personal attack i changed my sig so that it showed white_rabbit indulging in a bit of hypocrisy.

It was similar but a condensed version of this (the original i deleted from my sig so i do not have available):
sig:-
white_rabbit wrote:
The next classic feature of a bullshitter, moving the goal posts.
white_rabbit wrote:
Lets not forget that at no point are modified nanoprobes, or their information ever directly given to Seven.
Quote:
JANEWAY: Completely. Tuvok, give her the nanoprobes. Work with her. Build as many warheads as you can and start modifying our weapons systems.

PWNED
;7
white_rabbit wrote:
...PROVE THAT SEVEN TRANSMITTED THE DATA WHEN SHE RETURNED TO THE MILKYWAY!!!.
Did some one mention goal posts?..:D
Note that in that sig the only actual insult and foul language was a comment copied from white_rabbit in regards to calling some one else a the word "bullshitter"

Within minutes i received that warning and got a 12 month 25 point warning along with the demand to remove it and not to have a sig with his quotes in. This is a thing that is apparently only done to me as plenty of others on that forum have sigs that contain others on the board saying summat stupid or slipping up some how, however if it is a change in board policy then all should be penalised for having such.

I have many other examples of others ignoring a warning in a thread given by a moderator:

The moderator had already given out a warning in post 121 regarding people sniping and posting crap in that thread but again little nothing was done even when it continued:

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showpost ... tcount=121

Apparently rama calling me a motherfucker and later a retard in this thread is ok:

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showpost ... tcount=153

Shiftlessly stupid in this thread

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showpost ... tcount=169

Images used in personal attacks:

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showpost ... tcount=170

And you should perhaps take note of his sig....

Rama has been banging on about me "slandering" the moderation standards on that board for a while now however for it to be slander it is required to be false and this clearly shows it is not false.

Nor is it the first time i have been subjected to White_rabbits abuse and seen no result from complaining even when it is on a forum that expressly forbids such insults as its rule number 1 (the tech discussion forum).

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=182487

In this thread i linked above i was subjected to personal attack after personal attack by White_rabbit and others, i complained about the trolling flaming and insults and the moderator replied with this in post 161:

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showpost ... tcount=161

The comment regarding abusing the report function was in regards to me and the fact that i reported all the infraction (a real irony if there ever was one) and so i discussed it with the moderator and he said that instead of clinking the complaint button on each of the posts with a infraction in i should just do it once and link the others in it and i do agree that made sense although i was unaware that was how it was/should be done.

The thread continued and as you can see from the LONG list of JUST White_rabbit's insults below all but 2 were AFTER the moderator warned those in the thread about such behaviour

Can borg assimilate necrons thread:

POST 106: I don't give a fuck what other people insist.

POST 106: What are you fucking waffling about.

POST 190: I think I might have pointed out, I don't give a shit what you claim to be the reason you hold an opinion.

POST 190: Fuck off to be blunt.

POST 190: Seriously, you don't half just make shit up.

POST 206: Fuck off.

POST 206: Pillock.

POST 206: Idiot.

POST 206: dishonest prick.

post 223: What are you fucking crying about now.

post 223: Fucking pathetic.

post 227: Bollocks you say.

post 227: Are you fucking kidding me.

post 227: Sweet Raptor Jesus, you are a special rainbow child aren't you.

post 280: In which post dumbass.

post 294: silly bastard.

post 311: bullshit.

post 315: Are you fucking serious.

As you can see in the next thread he makes 6 or more personal attacks and insults before attacking me for asking a honest question and yet i get the 12 months and 25 points.

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=183517

How Many Galaxy Class Starships to... thread

post 29: One post you might be rabidly spouting bullshit

post 29: The only consistent thing is the shite quality of your posts.

post 31: Could you just go back to that horrible shithole you came from with Kittamaru please ? He's about your level of opponent.

post 42: fucking retard

post 48: Are you going to do that, or are you just going to keep shitting in this thread ?

post 48: Anyway, its pretty fucking clear

post 48: Mate, I wouldn't trust your interpretation of 2+2. why don't you get back to that Borg Nanoprobe thread instead of running away like a bitch when you have prove your facts ?

post 52: Face it chickenshit.

I was only AFTER i notified the moderator i would be complaining about his obvious bias and lax standards in regards to this person and others he did give White_rabbit a mention in the thread...

Here we have yet another thread running at the same time as the rest and again it is filled with his abuse and personal attacks:

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=183535

Flood vs swarm vs tyries of war hammer 40k...thread:

post 28: Because frankly, you can fuck right off, thats one of the stupidest things you've ever said.

post 38: Fuck it, I'll bite little minnow.

post 51: You are such a big jessy

post 51: Its the art of Halo 3, you worm,

post 69: Frankly, thats bollocks. ( I might have mentioned that before)

post 80: This nicely sums up why Episky is talking shit.

And yet again no warnings or suspensions were given for this constant abuse.

Now i must admit that in the past i have replied in kind and with abuse of my own and gotten warnings and even suspensions for it although it was normally at the point of sheer exasperation from so much abuse and a point of jusy not giving a crap about getting a ban or warning because you know that you put up will all that shit and nothing was done.

However now i am just sick of getting punished while and a few others are yet again given a free ride to spew torrents of abuse in every thread they are in while i am being harrassed and victimised by those supposedly here to punish them.

Thank you for listening

Kor.

SB.com member (at the moment).

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:33 pm

Kor_Dahar_Master wrote:
Well you did kick ass so much that they ended up banning you dude, WR has rather obvious scars that he is not even close to getting over from it as he mentions you on a regular basis and it is as clear as day that mentioning it is like twisting a knife in his gut.
He's pretty much stuck at the schoolyard level of incessant baiting, while forgetting that I'm not even in the capacity of replying and eventually taking the bait anymore. Something's not ticking right in his head.
The reality is that at any time, I am ready to get back into the two 40K vs X threads that got me into trouble, one with the Ori and another with Star Trek (with a twist), and debate him, and hear him about his accusations. I mean, at least, that would begin to be constructive, cause thus far, all his own and pals' actions evoke to me is a bunch of apes stuck on top of a tree in a zoo, slinging feces over the fence at bystanders, and the moment one visitor tries to make them stop, there's that one eye blind zoo keeper who gets on his high horses, intervenes, threatens you for daring yelling at the chimps, says he'll sue you and decides to call the police. And if you're obtuse enough to insist that all of this is silly and abusive, cops arrest you.
I'm just patiently waiting for the time creamy grows a least one testicle.
Meanwhile, I'll keep reading the newest fancy claims from the 40k support group and do the usual thing, see if it's nonsense, which it often turns out to be, and provide a corrected and more accurate analysis of the sources.
Besides, I'll contest as much of Connor's claims as I see fit, as I don't think he's one to lecture me about time spent on a particular topic, considering he pretty much single-handedly wrote the ham wank for years, and continues.
(For the reminder, he also got credits in the ICS; probably something as insightful as *urgh big gunz Stuh Dstoya gugutonz urgh*).
Is that the same connor that added a few megajoules onto a projectile weapons power (for cauterization) because the writer did not mention blood spray from some guys getting shot in the head, as well as ignoring the fact that one comment about the corpses said their faces were gone and the next said their heads were blown off (without them getting shot again) ?..
Err ya. That same bloke. ... Surprised? :)
I guess that such asinine claims were getting so embarrassing for him that he recently felt the need to demote several infantry weapons' firepower figures one or two order of magnitude.
Figures are a bit less stupid then. Before that, he was getting multi-megajoules for events such as head being blown up. By multi-MJ, I mean yields largely surpassing that of contemporary tank shells. Now, he's arguing for yields such as hundreds KJ or a bit more, for effects which current sniper rifles can easily achieve (and which rate in the single digit KJ).
He can get away with it because of his bubdies, shit look at the warning i got, i asked politely for info recieved a abusive personal attack and as such altered my sig a bit (like rama and others have done) and yet i get a 12 month 25 point warning for a personal attack and he gets nothing until his next insult (after i started complaint procedures).

Oh and that was his Seventh personal attack and insult in that thread alone!!!...
Not surprised, the same thing was/is going for SW. They'll pretend giving warning to those other people but in the end they often get out of it clean.
Funny that the only two boards where you can get banned from under the charges of "bad arguments" happen to be the exact same two boards which let those plebes spoil the versusdom. I have PM and mail contact with several SB members who avoid getting into any debate for more than two posts just to avoid trouble. The only reason they stay there is because of other people they know.
Last edited by Mr. Oragahn on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nowhereman10
Bridge Officer

Post by Nowhereman10 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:47 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Besides, I'll contest as much of Connor's claims as I see fit, as I don't think he's one to lecture me about time spent on a particular topic, considering he pretty much single-handedly wrote the ham wank for years, and continues.
(For the reminder, he also got credits in the ICS; probably something as insightful as *urgh big gunz Stuh Dstoya gugutonz urgh*).
Okay, I knew that Poe, Wong, and Brian Young are the prominent Warsies listed in the Saxton ICS book acknowledgements, but I wasn't aware there were others. Do you or anyone here have a complete listing of all of those pro-Wars versus debaters in the acknowledgements?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:01 pm

Nowhereman10 wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:Besides, I'll contest as much of Connor's claims as I see fit, as I don't think he's one to lecture me about time spent on a particular topic, considering he pretty much single-handedly wrote the ham wank for years, and continues.
Okay, I knew that Poe, Wong, and Brian Young are the prominent Warsies listed in the Saxton ICS book acknowledgements, but I wasn't aware there were others. Do you or anyone here have a complete listing of all of those pro-Wars versus debaters in the acknowledgements?
Not all the credits are going to be directly relevant to the extravagant numbers. But on the other hand, there's that big group think that was going on, where some nebulous agreement on some core aspects of the universe slowly turned into a dogmatic view, and therefore if not all of them may have had a direct input into the figures, they probably agreed with them in a vast majority.
Looking at the credits on the Star Wars Technical Commentaries website will give you an idea of how to sort things and what to expect (while knowing some credits are pretty old and date back to the period when Saxton was a tad less enthusiastic on certain figures, like the DSII size, which he has now completely ballooned). The credits on the website are different, in nature, but it gives you an idea that not everything has to do with the silly numbers and other claims which obviously translate into other super figures.

On a second note, I may have confused Connor with someone else. Shitty memories and all that, I'll have to look at the ICS again, but there's nothing on the laptop. I'll tell you.
EDIT: I checked out and it's Vympel who's listed in the ICS acknowledgments. Connor could fit in the random anons. It wouldn't surprise me though, as the way of generating silly numbers, everything about the methodology has been the same over the two sides of that river.
Last edited by Mr. Oragahn on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:14 pm

Now, did 7 transmit the data? Obviously, she makes her report after the use of the high yield warhead, but why would have it only happened then? Why the connection not reestablished sooner?
The dialogue is ambiguous.
It's logical for 7 not to bother the captain when they come under attack. It's not like it would have made much of a difference to make her report earlier.
But with the episode, it's clear that as soon as she says she has regained contact, Janeway asks her what the Borg say, there's a beat, and 7o9 states the bugs are running away.
It's hard to agree that she sent all the data and the Borg immediately updated and fired weapons within the seconds when 7 just seems concentrated on taping the phone, really.

It's not impossible, but it's far from being what we get as part of the audience.
While i understand why you disagree i actually and honestly got from that scene that the data was transferred to the entire collective and across all fronts mid battle the borg applied the modification to their weapons as you say within seconds or almost instantly and it was that event and change in the battles going on across the entire war that changed things.

We see it so often against the borg where people are fighting them and the weapons are working ect and then suddenly they adapt and swarm over defenses. And while in this case what happened was the borg were more able to match 8472's destructive capabilities in ship to ship battles (and perhaps individual battles if they use the nanoprobes in their hand held energy weapons as well) rather than the normal type of assimilation i got the same impression from that scene.

We both know WR will never accept it and scream about having direct material of borg across the galaxy doing such before he will accept it (or more likely move the goal posts again) i do not see it as being unrealistic or unreasonable.

This is entertaining though:
Scorpion Part 2

EMH: I've replicated nearly ten million Borg nanoprobes, each of them reprogrammed to my specifications, each capable of targeting the alien tissue.
CHAKOTAY: Assimilating it.
EMH: Just momentarily.The Borg technology will denaturate within seconds, taking the alien tissue along with it. Mister Kim, I'm about to inject your carotid artery. You'll feel a tingling sensation. Don't be alarmed. Nice to see you again, Ensign
Oh snap!
He goes onto say this:
The Doctors modified nano-probes self destruct, but he explicitly confirms that they assimilate 8472's biology. Its fucking stupid that I have to post this, given its a key part of the weapon, and we even see it doing the same to 8472 ships onscreen.

So, to avoid actually having to follow through here, you're going to have to somehow work your way around a few things.

Key issue, you've already asserted casually that I'd be silly to say that the Borg couldn't modify their own nanoprobes swiftly, its not a stretch to say this is easily including something as simple as ...not self destructing...
He obviously feels that at that point he has caught me in some sort of web that will require me to kick my own ass some how:
So its going to be interesting to see which side of the issue you decide to fall in on, because at this point, you can't really say much without contradicting a previous statement.
However at that point i was just sick of him and his abuse along with the prick of a moderator and fact i had honestly lost track of why we were arguing that particular detail anyway but i did point this out:
Obviously all this is really a irrelevant exercise in nitpicking as we know for a fact that in "Dark frontier" Seven is plugged back into the collective via a alcove and it is clearly stated that they assimilated all of her memories, so if you are right they can assimilate 8472 and if i am they cannot and can only kill them and for the life of me i cannot see how either outcome makes a bit of difference to the OP topic.
How is that for fucking irony, it turned out because of his nitpicking he proved to at least his satisfaction that the borg can fully assimilate 8472 with those nanoprobes and "dark frontier" proves they know how to make them.

As disillusioned and disgusted i am with SB.com moderation and i will admit some of my actions as well that were a direct result of those feelings (i was really in a "fuck this" mood in that thread with Leo1 and made every effort to just be a cunt after seeing his first post that again got no warning or comment) i found the fact that WR was arguing for giving the borg a far greater ability than i was quite ironic.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:37 pm

Perhaps we're going to disagree on what happen with Seven.
I know it's weird that she didn't get a connection, but the feeling I clearly get is, based on her face and reaction, that the connection got resumed after the battle.
Just like the 8472 dudes were jamming her. It's the best explanation I can think of right now, otherwise it's just silly. We've seen Phlox make a proto-contact with the Collective at a time he was still in control of his own body and his own metabolism was slowing down the nanoprobes' progress. So how the hell could a full Borg with plenty of hardware to back her up would need such a long time to get her full connection back?
o_O

Besides, as I said, it would be a good thing to look at the Borg hardware aboard Voyager and see if that stuff could work on its own to send data. 7 would have obviously saved everything she'd have learned on the fly, and it's not like all this hardware would outmass 7 and have the chance of incorporating some long range sensors, nah?

As for the moderation, perhaps it got on your nerves. Eventually, either you vent your frustration and therefore you get into trouble for such actions, or you remain civil, the others flame you abundantly and somehow, it turns out they had a right to do it because you arguments were just that bad. Yeah, somehow.
Again, one of those few boards that ban you because of supposedly bad arguments. So don't bother too much. If everybody wants a debate, there's a moment when they'll have to accept opposite arguments and tone done the flaming from the deeply rooted members.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:37 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
Besides, as I said, it would be a good thing to look at the Borg hardware aboard Voyager and see if that stuff could work on its own to send data. 7 would have obviously saved everything she'd have learned on the fly, and it's not like all this hardware would outmass 7 and have the chance of incorporating some long range sensors, nah?.
I see a few reasonable arguments to be fair.

1. "Our minds are one" is a comment made regarding the collective mind and obviously it is called a "collective mind" so to try and put a quantifiable limit on the transfer of information like its a dodgy broadband connection seems rather pointless, what one knows all know or have access to is a major theme for the borg and no matter the point she does regain full connection.

2. 7 tries to use a fed subspace something or other to contact the borg so i suppose we can say borg tech is not going to do so on its own.

3. They had already designed the weapons on board the borg cube if you recall as 7 says they now require a photon torpedo and the nanoprobes so they can test a prototype in scorpion pt1. As such at the end of scorpion pt2 the only thing the borg were missing was the nanoprobe data as they already had the torpedo designs and modifications.

4. IF the borg had not gain the nanoprobe design Voyager and 7 would be the borgs primary target to locate and capture so they could gain the info, but they are pretty much ignored even though in "hope and fear" the borg would have their location after assimilating the translator fella, or when "One" signals them by mistake in "Drone".

Also the queen seemed to find it easy to contact 7 in "dark frontier" although this does not totally prove she could have located her/voyager prior to that i suppose.

Still we have plenty of material to show that the borg had a rough idea of voyagers location on several occasions prior to dark frontier and as such had they not been in possesion of the nanoprobe programming why were they not activly looking for them/7?.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:07 am

Dunno. The key was the change made by the Doctor to the nanoprobes. Apparently the Borg never managed to have a chance to do that, because the 8472 bugs always blew the borg out of the sky before anything could be done. It's only the fact that Kim was transported in time, almost right off the bat, that they had some material to work with. And even that wasn't enough, since the probes, which are the Borg's main way to assimilate stuff, would have been stopped, so the Borg would have had to think out of the box while not enjoying the advantage of the power of their nanoprobes.

And it's the moment when 7 gets access to the code the Doctor produced that things change. The Borg could build any torpedo they'd want, if they had not possessed that code, they could do nothing. I don't recall Scorpion part I's story, but having built a torpedo wouldn't be enough to ward off 8472.

And if you tell me that the Borg hardware aboard Voyager couldn't send data on its own, or even be programmed to send data, while at the same time a "simple" drone couldn't get a connection, I can't see the Borg getting access to that code in time.

In essence, Voyager pwned 8472.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:38 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
And it's the moment when 7 gets access to the code the Doctor produced that things change. The Borg could build any torpedo they'd want, if they had not possessed that code, they could do nothing. I don't recall Scorpion part I's story, but having built a torpedo wouldn't be enough to ward off 8472.
I did not say it would bud i think you misread my post, i just pointed out that in scorpion pt 2 when the bog finally got the nanoprobe design it would be all they needed as they had the torp design already.

The borg had the torpedo design in pt1.
They had the torpedo modifications in pt1.

All they were waiting for were the new specs for the nanoprobes and 7 gave them those in part 2 at the end so it was likely just a matter of filling premade torps up with reprogrammed nanoprobes, or reprogramming those already in torps and hitting the fire button.
And if you tell me that the Borg hardware aboard Voyager couldn't send data on its own, or even be programmed to send data, while at the same time a "simple" drone couldn't get a connection, I can't see the Borg getting access to that code in time.
I suppose it could be programmed to do it but it never was as far as i am aware, although i tihink you misunderstood me a bit on that part as well, the queen was certainly able to contact 7 through the alcove later in the series, good point i had forgotten about thaty.
Last edited by Kor_Dahar_Master on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:08 am

Ok yet another update:

Here he haveand some other guy WR showing typical disregard for a warning:
SuperS4

Ok guys, can we cut the "Crazy O" crap, call him Mr O if you want, but no more Crazy O.

Thanks.

Lerticus

How about Mr EO? Or Herr O. Comrade O? O-re-O?

white_rabbit

The Prophet O has been suggested to me. I think it fits with the almost religious fervour that accompanies the bitter imprecations he hurls from The Fortress of Insistent Relevance.

*hums little anthony and the Imperials*

Or not, let a new age of not being mean except about his ridiculous arguments begin!

FOR SCIENCE....!

However apparently epsky who allegedly ignored a warning for what ever it was he did just got banned in this thread and i doubt he directly disregarded the warning of the moderator or posted something in direct challenge to the warning itself.

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthre ... 535&page=8

-----------------------------------------------------

I have to ask when did either losing a argument, making a mistake or in fact not being able to provide evidence become a crime worthy of banning on SB.com, i mean we expect those on SDN to treat who do not follow the party line doctrine to be treated that way.

But SB.com is supposed to be a place where non gestapo types can go and debate VS without being abused and banned for maybe getting it wrong (or just disagreeing with the party line from the Talifan and crew SDN has on the board). The place is becoming like a armed camp with WR, LEO1 and other assholes charging around like fucking debate police spewing abuse at will and spamming the report button to get people bans.

While some may claim this is all about "standards" the fact they continually ignore the most vile insults from these individuals contrary to the same rules along with other crap sums up the standards quite well, i doubt this is what the owners of the board had in mind when they created it.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:59 pm

I don't think they ever had more than 5% of what SC is now, in mind then. The versus wasn't even part of the plan as much as it was about people making cheap videos to have fun and illustrate some points in a lighthearted way. They prefer to keep a certain fan base than being absolutely fair in their moderation, and that can be understood. The problem is that it's not advertised as such. Besides, they're victims of their own success. They need new mods every once a while to keep an eye on the newcomers, and it's generally easier to kick the newbies than begin sermonizing your older customers.
Of course, you could always bring the debate elsewhere if you had gripes with the moderation, but it happens that it's precisely that "elsewhere" part the people you debate with don't want to hear about. It's an efficient method, although dishonest, if you're interested in image and ego-driven victories of some kind, but not completely awful and despicable when you're interested in some honest discussion that makes things move forward. Mind you, ostracizing is a tactic that's widely used in many domains, from politics to science. Luckily, we're only dealing with a hobby, not anything serious.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:38 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:I don't think they ever had more than 5% of what SC is now, in mind then. The versus wasn't even part of the plan as much as it was about people making cheap videos to have fun and illustrate some points in a lighthearted way. They prefer to keep a certain fan base than being absolutely fair in their moderation, and that can be understood. The problem is that it's not advertised as such. Besides, they're victims of their own success. They need new mods every once a while to keep an eye on the newcomers, and it's generally easier to kick the newbies than begin sermonizing your older customers.
Of course, you could always bring the debate elsewhere if you had gripes with the moderation, but it happens that it's precisely that "elsewhere" part the people you debate with don't want to hear about. It's an efficient method, although dishonest, if you're interested in image and ego-driven victories of some kind, but not completely awful and despicable when you're interested in some honest discussion that makes things move forward. Mind you, ostracizing is a tactic that's widely used in many domains, from politics to science. Luckily, we're only dealing with a hobby, not anything serious.

I stopped posting on SB.com before and i can do it again i suppose as i only returned due to people claiming it was better. Personally i have not seen a improvement in the standards of moderation and in fact id say it has gotten worse as it seems to be a accepted fact that a ban results from disagreeing with certain individuals while they can spew abuse of the most foul kind.

While that attitude is actually promoted and encouraged on SDN ultimately it reflects a poorly run board and not one that is going to attract anybody but a limited few who think doing so is entertaining.

Lets face it we have disagreed on a few details in this thread and others but i can reliably say that neither of us has screamed abuse, demanded proof and spammed the report button over it...

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:50 pm

Kor_Dahar_Master wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:I don't think they ever had more than 5% of what SC is now, in mind then. The versus wasn't even part of the plan as much as it was about people making cheap videos to have fun and illustrate some points in a lighthearted way. They prefer to keep a certain fan base than being absolutely fair in their moderation, and that can be understood. The problem is that it's not advertised as such. Besides, they're victims of their own success. They need new mods every once a while to keep an eye on the newcomers, and it's generally easier to kick the newbies than begin sermonizing your older customers.

I stopped posting on SB.com before and i can do it again i suppose as i only returned due to people claiming it was better. Personally i have not seen a improvement in the standards of moderation and in fact id say it has gotten worse as it seems to be a accepted fact that a ban results from disagreeing with certain individuals while they can spew abuse of the most foul kind.

While that attitude is actually promoted and encouraged on SDN ultimately it reflects a poorly run board and not one that is going to attract anybody but a limited few who think doing so is entertaining.
Most likely because you're not on the right side of the Conspiracy.
You didn't read it here. Image
Lets face it we have disagreed on a few details in this thread and others but i can reliably say that neither of us has screamed abuse, demanded proof and spammed the report button over it...
Regarding the later, you don't know...