LMAO@SpaceBattles!

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: LMAO@SpaceBattles!

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:33 am

I'm not sure what you position in this was, due to the complicated quoting you put in your post, but in fact, the "Masks" incident clearly doesn't support DET phasers at all. I proved it in a discussion with JMS and much earlier on, against Mike.
Everything about how the ice behaves, doesn't break (despite the huge amount of energy deposited) to the way it shrinks on its own towards the building encased in the upper hemisphere of the comet simply makes "Masks" one of the worst cases to pick to gauge phaser power.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:47 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote:I'm not sure what you position in this was, due to the complicated quoting you put in your post, but in fact, the "Masks" incident clearly doesn't support DET phasers at all. I proved it in a discussion with JMS and much earlier on, against Mike.
Everything about how the ice behaves, doesn't break (despite the huge amount of energy deposited) to the way it shrinks on its own towards the building encased in the upper hemisphere of the comet simply makes "Masks" one of the worst cases to pick to gauge phaser power.
My point is the same as yours, that retard SS4 is supporting tanlys claim it was DET by mentioning the wisps of vapor the disintegration causes.

Nobody that ignorant dishonest or both should mod a tech forum.
Last edited by Kor_Dahar_Master on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:01 am

Asshole SS4 giving his new pet a free pass after already warning the thread.

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showpost ... stcount=11
Last edited by Kor_Dahar_Master on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nowhereman10
Bridge Officer

Post by Nowhereman10 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:49 am

Kor_Dahar_Master wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:I'm not sure what you position in this was, due to the complicated quoting you put in your post, but in fact, the "Masks" incident clearly doesn't support DET phasers at all. I proved it in a discussion with JMS and much earlier on, against Mike.
My point is the same as yours, that retard SS4 is supporting tanlys claim it was DET by mentioning the wisps of vapor the disintegration causes.

Nobody that fucking retarded should mod a tech forum.
Wouldn't you expect to see out gassing from melted (sublimating in vacuum) comet? As I recall, aren't the phasers set to widespread mode, thus evenly vaporizing the ice ala what the Defiant was supposed to do to the comet in "Destiny" [DS93]?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:31 am

Evenly or not, we're speaking of massive amounts of energy per square meter no matter what. At that point, you just can't expect ice to conveniently "fade away" in a soft gaseous wisp.
It would still get violent. Simply put, make the test on some ice cube, even it's a room temp in an atmosphere. It will still give you some idea of what we're looking at.
Now imagine the energy needed to vaporize x cubic meters of ice under a few seconds, and you'll see that there's a significant problem in defending DET with that.
We're hitting a wall with thermodynamics here. The phaser dissolves the comet's ice in a way where natural transfer of energy would be impossible.
Heck, even the chain reaction itself must be very exotic, since it cannot just pull energy out of nowhere (subspace) and dump it into the comet, otherwise you'd still get some explosions. Even the delivery AND spread of energy AND dispersal of molecules is all controlled and weird from the beginning to the end.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:33 am

Kor, may I point out that you've been quite lucky for not getting warned once after those numerous insults?

Friendly advice, before it gets noticed: Be careful.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:47 pm

There is also the point about steam having 1600 times the volume of water at even our atmospheric pressure so the E-D should be sitting in a large cloud of it.

This is just a example of tanly trolling and SS4 supporting him as its against me, he is even claiming that pegasus proves phasers are DET in the very same thread although nobody yet has made sense of his ravings.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:33 pm

Looks like SS4 considers enough time has past since my stupid ban and is finally going to address some of tanlys bullshit:

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showpost ... stcount=28

You have to admire the self justification arrogance that has a supposed mod say and show in the post below that the standard of moderational fairness has a direct relationship with how much he likes you and how polite you have been to him AFTER he has shit o you for one of his buddies:

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showpost ... ostcount=7

Admittedly we already know that those on his buddy list get preferential treatment and (as his actions here have shown) that if he is pissed off with a person he will ignore the rules, refuse to enforce them and even shift a claim from "phasers are DET" to "we see a bit of vapor" just so he can avoid doing his job properly when it entails helping a person he dislikes.

I am really looking forwards to see WHAT he punishes tanly for and how he spins it to avoid looking even more worthless at his job.

You gotta love a forum who's rules are reinforced well or poorly depending on how well you shlob mod knob AFTER they have shit on you multiple times in favor of buddies or more popular posters.

And have the fucking nerve to actually advertise the fact as the second link shows, whats next a "suggested" reduction in infraction points for those who subscribe and pay towards the site?.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:24 pm

So Tanly was saying phasers are DET in this instance (Masks' comet) and SS4 turns that into well there's some vapor so there's some DET so Tanly was right.
Did I correctly summarize this?
Did Tanly argue pure DET so one couldn't claim that phasers used against hulls not built with phaser-effects in mind would oppose less resistance against phasers?

Yet it seems quite logical. I argued in the past that phasers clearly are effective against raw matter, but not so much against starship hulls. Unless density has something to do with it.
Did he know that phaser-like effects were documented in Star Wars' EU?

Disruptors in Star Wars... a new twist?

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:26 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:So Tanly was saying phasers are DET in this instance (Masks' comet) and SS4 turns that into well there's some vapor so there's some DET so Tanly was right.

Did I correctly summarize this?
Essentially yes.

Did Tanly argue pure DET so one couldn't claim that phasers used against hulls not built with phaser-effects in mind would oppose less resistance against phasers?
It is more about him being butt hurt over obsession actually, he was desperately trying to setup a situation where he could use the old non remastered footage with no blast pattern and the one ounce comment.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:33 pm

I just got a new 2 wk ban although i have to say i did deserve it due to just saying fuck it and trolling those who were trolling me rather than reporting them.

Oh and my reports and appeals for reason and fairness now do not even get a reply from the moderators let alone acted upon.

Tanly got banned as well for a unknown amount of time.

As you would expect Leo1 got away scott free without a ban even though he was trolling, flame baiting and flaming as bad if not worse than anybody (even posting youtube scenes of vader edited to be saying fuck off when i decided to leave the thread due to the trolling).....but then Leo1 being immune to consequences on SB.com is hardly new.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:21 pm

Kor_Dahar_Master wrote:but then Leo1 being immune to consequences on SB.com is hardly new.
His knees must hurt a lot... :)

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:03 pm

Praeothmin wrote:
Kor_Dahar_Master wrote:but then Leo1 being immune to consequences on SB.com is hardly new.
His knees must hurt a lot... :)
It just goes to show how shameless they are i mean the same asshole gets nothing done to him.

I wonder if he is a paying subscriber.

Ucalegon

Post by Ucalegon » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:14 pm

I figured "Mr. Oragahn" was likely to be found while Googling himself. It's my "BAD WOLF" message to LMAO@Spacebattles. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Wolf#Bad_Wolf)
I hope you guessed the "hivemind" joke. In hindsight I could have made a better one.

I've been lurking on SFJ, but I'm curious about what's up with SB.com.
"Ucalgon" is an empty suit with no hobbies who likes to poke at SB.com while on business trips. Although a broken human being, "Ucalegon" is not your typical troll. Each trolling attempt is made to be more innocuous than the last. Once I troll with one method, I try not to use the same method again.
For instance I don't make fun of SBers for being furry pony pedophiles anymore.....much. It's sort of the "elephant in the room" at this point....A pink elephant that farts rainbows, is underaged, and likely getting raped by a shut-in......SB.com needs therapy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_in_the_room

I play a game in which I try to get kick banned from SB.com for the most trivial offenses possible. I'll sometimes argue both sides of the argument, poorly, and watch him ban hammer away only one side.

Some examples of banning ( in no particular order.)
1. "Being" a sock puppet. (oddly, when not actually a sockpuppet. This was my first bann, and inspired the game.)
2. Writing "You are such a Jew" to another sockpuppet talking about becoming a Cantor--- On a thread about jewish holiday plans--- after already stating I was a secular Jew. (Being Jewish is not an insult, and Cantors are a sort of Jewish Clergy.) This is the equivalent of calling a hockey player, a hockey player.
3. Placing one of SS4s powertrip warnings as my signature.
4. Calling AMVs the ultimate form of birth control / people looked down on by furries. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime_music_video)
5. Linking to a page with data and commentary about turbo-lasers that happened to have a forum. (This is how I discovered the incestuous rivalry between SDN, SB and others. Seriously, this makes an interesting story. I might write an article on it.) (link used: http://www.stardestroyer.net/tlc/)
6. Calling SS4 a person who doesn't know the meaning of "Soory".
7. Asking why the mention of Factpile.com is banned from spacebattles.
8. Insinuating Star trek culture was founded by future Canadians.
9. Writing only in phonetic "SPESS MERHENS". ( lasted FAR longer than expected.) (Example:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbRGg3e1b68)
10. Calling another account named "Penguin", a "Little Penguin"
11. Suggesting that highly homphobic people are actually in the closet, and that male My Little Pony fans should not react violently when LGBT people flirt with them. Probably banned for posting this citation:http://psycnet.apa.org/journals/abn/105/3/440/
12. Suggesting Supers4 is named Sarah, and sells real estate.
13. Creating an account called "WongTheSith"--- instant banning.
14. 15. Still not banned, but probably because I haven't logged on in a while.

Some of my trophy posts have disappeared. Maybe the admins are purging, maybe it's server side problems.

I have a business trip coming up, and plan on getting banned again. However, when I check SB.com I see it partly down. Boardreader.com has it in freefall. Search is off, and you can no longer lurk. Is SB.com effectively dead?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKEw7JNVcnw

User1662
Redshirt

Post by User1662 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:02 pm

Okay, kind of hit a snag here people:

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthre ... 06&page=12

Any ideas of further rebuttal, 'cos I'm stumped.

EDIT: I cannot think of any further evidence to add to counter what's in thread.