SDN in a Nutshell

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Khas
Starship Captain

Re: SDN in a Nutshell

Post by Khas » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:14 pm

Mith wrote:I'm sorta finding myself less and less interested in debates lately. Maybe I'm just starting to realize how fucking stupid this whole thing has become.
Maybe everyone just needs to follow the MST3K Mantra.

"It's Just A Show, I Should Really Just Relax."

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:46 pm

Chuckles.
I really devour the irony of all these people accusing one member of ignoring canon, which results into denying them the wanked out numbers, while forgetting that the EU (aside from TCWS if you go with that stuff) is precisely where you'll find most of the data that contradicts the SDN bullshit.
I'm actually impressed; there's quite *a lot* of people engaged in that thread. I guess there's always old fish to gang up when some nasty infidel puts to risk their dogma with his poison.
I cherish the ignorance of some members such as Batman who automatically assumes that a source that pegs anti-Death Star X-wing proton torps at ~1 kiloton but come from a S-canon level source. You would think that by now, he'd know... it just tells how far he has explored the question. It doesn't stop him from frothing and attacking others though. :|
It's just typical of the place.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:08 am

Batman's whole Schick, aside from the creepy cos-play thing, is being a pedantic pain in the butt in regards to any debate he's in.

My personal favourite though is the "character is a moron" point. Yeah, Ginn is totally bang on in his actions re:TPM (not going to another dealer, selling the Queens yacht) and isn't a moron. But arguments involving Trek characters always end up at that point.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:05 am

It would have been cool to have had the Yacht sold off, and Qui-Gon and company wind up buying a beat up old freighter that will later become the Millenium Falcon. :-)
-Mike

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:25 am

Oh gawd, that would be corny but a nice nod to the OT all the same.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:11 am

It sure as hell would beat that crappy cameo in RoTS. It'd also have made Obi-Wan's reaction to Han's "You've never heard of the Millenium Falcon?" all the more fun.
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:01 pm

Too much of that "the universe is small syndrome" for my tastes. People have yet to digest C3PO being built by Anakin.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:16 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Too much of that "the universe is small syndrome" for my tastes. People have yet to digest C3PO being built by Anakin.
C'mon Oragahn, you know as well as anybody that the only reason Anakin built C3PO was to have someone who sounded even more like a whiny little bitch around...

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:19 pm

I don't have a problem with Threepio being there ( I have a problem with his being built by Anakin in the way that he was), as the original concept by Lucas was to have the story being told by him and Artoo, which is why ANH opens with those two on the Rebel blockade runner, not on Leia. It's from their electronic eyes we are supposed to be viewing the story. Also the whole idea of certain characters being there fits in with the whole Campbellian mythic destiny thing, which I would have rather had than say.... midichlorians.
-Mike