And you thought SW fanboys were bad...

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: And you thought SW fanboys were bad...

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:13 pm

Oi! The miserable Halo bump reset has the house on gloves from a red pinch of musical crash! Unbelievable!

His position was as desperate as the amount of smilies he felt he needed to cram at the end of his "key" and devastating arguments.
Poor Hig, must be hard not to break the emoticon limit.

Since I couldn't really care more about what he has to say, I started a poll, and the conclusion is indisputable. Would this not be enough, E. Nylund himself was contacted and gave his view on the text he wrote, and completely blew Hig's asinine interpretation to smithereens.
Oh sure, the troll would never concede anything, but it doesn't really matter at this point.

Rama sent Mr. Nylund an email, and got the following reply:
Eric Nylund wrote: I just received a reply from Nylund:

Hi Lewis, (NOTE: That is my real name)

Thanks for the email and kind words.

That room (and much of Halsey’s complex) mentioned is buried deep underground _and_ surrounded by three hundred meters of reinforced concrete. It should theoretically survive a surface blast.

The room itself, if on the surface--300 meters of solid anything notwithstanding--would not survive an 80 Megaton blast.

Hope that helps,

Eric

Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:37 PM
To: eric@ericnylund.net
Subject: Reach amphitheater question
Hig had to claim that Nylund was admitting his sentence was grammatically incorrect. If you want to know what's the stupid reasoning behind this claim, and if you can stomach half a dozen posts of pure idiocy, you can always go read the last page of the thread.

I wonder if this is a foretaste of what's to come. We had Nattuo in another thread who completely blew the concept of the Maginot Sphere out of proportion, but at least he didn't insist when the counter arguments hit home.

Khas
Starship Captain

Re: And you thought SW fanboys were bad...

Post by Khas » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:12 pm

Granted, Halo Fanboys and Fivers can be pretty bad. SW Wankers are generally the worst, but they're not as ridiculous as nBSG wankers. Those guys must be smoking something really nasty to come up with the stuff they do...