Let's talk about GameFAQs

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
ILikeDeathNote
Jedi Knight

Let's talk about GameFAQs

Post by ILikeDeathNote » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:24 am

I just want to rant about GameFAQs right now.

I just want to say that the mod and admin community on GameFAQs is made up of quite possibly the worst pieces of human excrement this side of a Neo-Nazi gathering. And I do mean human excrement, as in I don't think they should be considered human - really, if you see one of the mods, feel free to spit and throw rocks at them, you'll be doing the world a favor.

Man, we really don't know how lucky we have it here, or hell SDN compared to them, at least they don't make any false pretenses.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:10 am

Go on, spill the beans. We're listening. I don't think I'm ever going to post anything over there, but let's hear about it anyway.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:41 am

Why yes, tell us how you really feel about this website and why it's so terrible.
-Mike

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:49 am

You don't think some moderators on a game forum should be considered human? Even if meant in jest, such a thing makes me rather uncomfortable.

I'll grant that "man's inhumanity to man" can lead one to want to respond in kind. I can also grant that I am absolutely not in agreement with hippies who would declare that viewing another as inhuman is invariably wrong.

To borrow from Cicero, "for if a man is only human on the outside while within there is nothing but bestial savagery, why should we not regard him as a beast rather than a man?"

But there must be limits.

Have the GameFAQ mods acted fraudulently, or tried to bring savagery to the internet by, say, harassing people away from the site or collectively planning destructive/violent visitation on their GameFAQ foes?

If so, then while they are closer to the border of inhumanity, they remain human. Utter shits, to be sure, but still human, and one should consider them so right up until the point that they dare try to go through with any of their dastardly violent plans.

Until then, they are merely shits, and while they can be annoying . . . oh yes . . . they are, in the end, mere turds in the bowl, and any concern for them should be as readily dismissable as turning the lever to flush.

ILikeDeathNote
Jedi Knight

Post by ILikeDeathNote » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:31 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Go on, spill the beans. We're listening. I don't think I'm ever going to post anything over there, but let's hear about it anyway.
Mike DiCenso wrote:Why yes, tell us how you really feel about this website and why it's so terrible.
-Mike
Well if you must know, I've grown to detest the subtle yet visible dictatorship the moderator and administrator positions at GameFAQs have become. People who have followed the Terms of Service in spirit and in letter are severely punished, while others who wildly go out of their way to violate the TOS are permitted to basically have free reign, and it's pretty obvious that the boards are run on a favoritism-based system.

I could go on, but that would be more repetitive than useful.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:14 pm

Can you link to some specific examples of the GamesFAQ mods and admin doing what you are describing? Mind you, I'am not saying that you're lying or anything, but I would like to be able to evaluate this for myself before I pass any kind of judgement on a site that I've never been to.
-Mike

ILikeDeathNote
Jedi Knight

Post by ILikeDeathNote » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:16 pm

Edit: I've decided there are more appropriate places to post something like this other than here
Last edited by ILikeDeathNote on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:22 pm

A bit harsh...

You may not like them, and I'm pretty sure you don't believe a word you've written and just want to vent some steam, but man, that's cruel...

ILikeDeathNote
Jedi Knight

Post by ILikeDeathNote » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:27 pm

see above post