Based on mounting evidence has SDN become irrelevant?

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:56 am

Maybe we should all just take a moment and breath and leave this thread alone for a few days.

This april 1st, so let's all go outside and play a nice joke on someone we don't talk with online and have a good belly laugh.

Flectarn
Bridge Officer

Post by Flectarn » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:03 pm

2046 wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:
"Oragahn, dude, this website is like Hawaii in summer 1956" does not mean you should expect sunshine and perfect weather to flow out of your frickin'
but it would mean it's good for surfin'

/bad pun

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:39 pm

Flectarn wrote:but it would mean it's good for surfin'

/bad pun

Alyeska
Bridge Officer

Post by Alyeska » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:47 am

Jedi Master Spock wrote:Alyeska and Chris O'Farrell are part of my point. See, you have people from SB.com listening to people from SDN, agreeing with their arguments, agreeing with the use of the ICS, et cetera. A concession from a SB.com resident to SDN is a show of respect. I don't see that same measure of respect now.
Rewriting history is not very productive. I have been a member of SB.com since long before SD.net had forums. The same is true with Chris O'Farrell. My first posts on SD.net were in defense of baseless slander posted against SB.com or direct character assassinations of myself over half remembered events from many years prior.

You are making a perfect example of the No true Scotsman fallacy. You define someones board affiliation based purely on their position in the VS debate. That is a fallacy and you know it.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:28 am

Alyeska wrote:
Jedi Master Spock wrote:Alyeska and Chris O'Farrell are part of my point. See, you have people from SB.com listening to people from SDN, agreeing with their arguments, agreeing with the use of the ICS, et cetera. A concession from a SB.com resident to SDN is a show of respect. I don't see that same measure of respect now.
Rewriting history is not very productive. I have been a member of SB.com since long before SD.net had forums. The same is true with Chris O'Farrell. My first posts on SD.net were in defense of baseless slander posted against SB.com or direct character assassinations of myself over half remembered events from many years prior.

You are making a perfect example of the No true Scotsman fallacy. You define someones board affiliation based purely on their position in the VS debate. That is a fallacy and you know it.
Perhaps I haven't been very clear. Here I am talking about you as a member of SB.com. You were a member of SB.com who listened to people from SDN and wound up agreeing with many of their arguments.

That action by you was a measure of the respect offered to SDN from SB. I don't see similar movements on the parts of SB members right now; if anything, I see movement in the opposite direction.

Would you say you have right now more, less, or the same level of respect for SDN now as you did three years ago?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:18 pm

2046 wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:The reason I made the analogy is because the way SDN is run is basically like the virtual version of a police state where you have secret police and informants watching your every move and they are itching at the opportunity to get their pound of flesh one way or the other. Hence why I chose North Korea and The Islamic Republic of Iran as examples.
So you see, dear RSA, that the degree of "humour" could easily be lost. ;)
You're not still arguing about this, are you? You know it's a website, right? Punk even said "virtual version".
And You're not still insisting with absurd exaggerations and inappropriate metaphors, are you?
Please.
Besides, SDN is not a website, you should know that.
"Oragahn, dude, this website is like Hawaii in summer 1956" does not mean you should expect sunshine and perfect weather to flow out of your frickin' monitor any more than you should expect jack-booted thugs to step on your neck if you go to bbs.stardestroyer.net.
Obviously the context of Punk's relatively new but yet very remarkable presence on this board and his over the top, absurd and puerile hatred of SDN and fixation on Wong, Saxton and co (did you find a friend?), plus how we clearly went bonkers just some few weeks ago (in that thread where he mentioned his age and the font size used in his post could dwarf half the content of an entire page) is more than enough to doubt the sanity, relevance and degree of intricacy of any of his attacks and comparisons. But it seems to still fly above your head, perhaps because he's some poor underdog in a vile arena of leftists and defense of the lone chap is a must. I dunno, smells like it.
You may want to browse the relevant threads again.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:30 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
And You're not still insisting with absurd exaggerations and inappropriate metaphors, are you?
Please.
Oh is not a website now? Last I checked it is a website with forums. Just like this one, the difference being the amount of traffic But if you type www.stardestroyer.net in your URL box you do not go their forums but the home page of their website just as it does here so if that does not qualify as a website with forums how do tell does it classify then?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:40 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:
Please.
Oh is not a website now? Last I checked it is a website with forums. Just like this one, the difference being the amount of traffic But if you type www.stardestroyer.net in your URL box you do not go their forums but the home page of their website just as it does here so if that does not qualify as a website with forums how do tell does it classify then?
You should know that there are exceptions to URLs, and actually verify the meaning of URL by the way. Check the special and quite amusing Taiwanese definition of the acronym (although my argument certainly does not hinge on it).

Oh well, goodbye.

*lavishly kisses punkmaiser on the mouth*