ASVS/SDN Fanfiction

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:21 pm

I've started to read "Conquest" a while back, and I do agree that Mike Wong writes very well.

I fully intend to read it through, even though I know I won't agree with his conclusion, if only because of how well written it is.

ILikeDeathNote
Jedi Knight

Post by ILikeDeathNote » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:00 pm

Who is like God arbour wrote:
OK, I've just finished reading the five chapters. I have to admit, that it is surprisingly well written - from an literary point of view.
If I may ask, how so? Can you elaborate on literary merits?

The Corporal
Bridge Officer

Post by The Corporal » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Who is like God arbour wrote:*snip*
If you had bothered to read my post you would have found your bloody answer right in there and not have wasted the bandwidth you just did. Here I'll even bold the important bits.
I wrote: And, what? How is what he engineers relevant to this discussion? He still completed his engineering education, meaning he's got the same mechanical engineering knowledge as an engineer working for any other company with an equivilant education.
It's simply amusing, you humorless Vulcan. And it seems quite appropriate given the utter crap he usually spews.
At this point I think it would benefit us all if you would simply stop posting. You've brought nothing to the forum since you've joined except yet more SDN bashing, homophobia and a large portion of attitude.

Tyralak
Bridge Officer

Post by Tyralak » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:12 pm

The Corporal wrote: At this point I think it would benefit us all if you would simply stop posting. You've brought nothing to the forum since you've joined except yet more SDN bashing, homophobia and a large portion of attitude.
I don't think so. You're obsessed with "homophobia" for some weird reason. I've done more than this thread since I've been here, but you wouldn't know it, because you seem to gravitate to only this. A while back I wrote a well reasoned rebuttal of the attempts by Warsies to discount TDiC. But I don't have to justify myself to you. I haven't been unkind to anyone here. You're just overly sensitive about SDN.
Last edited by Tyralak on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Corporal
Bridge Officer

Post by The Corporal » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:15 pm

Tyralak wrote:
I don't think so. You're obsessed with "homophobia" for some weird reason. I've done mare than this thread since I've been here, but you wouldn't know it, because you seem to gravitate to only this. A while back I wrote a well reasoned rebuttal of the attempts by Warsies to discount TDiC. But I don't have to justify myself to you. I haven't been unkind to anyone here. You're just overly sensitive about SDN.
Actually I consider you to be of the same ilk as those at SDN you claim to abhor. You certainly act like one of the "old hands" there and frankly your opening post in the "Bread Party" reeked of homophobia.

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Airlocke_Jedi_Knight » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:20 pm

Tyralak wrote:
The Corporal wrote: At this point I think it would benefit us all if you would simply stop posting. You've brought nothing to the forum since you've joined except yet more SDN bashing, homophobia and a large portion of attitude.
I don't think so. You're obsessed with "homophobia" for some weird reason. I've done mare than this thread since I've been here, but you wouldn't know it, because you seem to gravitate to only this. A while back I wrote a well reasoned rebuttal of the attempts by Warsies to discount TDiC. But I don't have to justify myself to you. I haven't been unkind to anyone here. You're just overly sensitive about SDN.
The bold seems to be very, very, true.

Tyralak
Bridge Officer

Post by Tyralak » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:19 pm

The Corporal wrote:
Tyralak wrote:
Actually I consider you to be of the same ilk as those at SDN you claim to abhor. You certainly act like one of the "old hands" there and frankly your opening post in the "Bread Party" reeked of homophobia.
Now now now. You need to make up your mind. Do you like SDN or not? You're accusing me of being like those on SDN, yet you're defending them. You sound confused. Perhaps you need to consider your own positions a bit more.

The Corporal
Bridge Officer

Post by The Corporal » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:23 pm

Tyralak wrote:
Now now now. You need to make up your mind. Do you like SDN or not? You're accusing me of being like those on SDN, yet you're defending them. You sound confused. Perhaps you need to consider your own positions a bit more.
Oh but of course I can't like certain aspects or members of the board and dislike others, right? It has to be black or white. *insert eye-rolling smiley here*

The Corporal
Bridge Officer

Post by The Corporal » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:24 pm

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight wrote:
If you have nothing to add to this discussion but mindless cheerleading then I will thank you to stay out of it.

Tyralak
Bridge Officer

Post by Tyralak » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:39 pm

The Corporal wrote:
Airlocke_Jedi_Knight wrote:
If you have nothing to add to this discussion but mindless cheerleading then I will thank you to stay out of it.
Well well well. Aren't we pugnacious today. Who made you the arbiter of what's relevant and not? Perhaps you should go back to SDN where you can get rid of those with whom you disagree. All opinions are heard here.

The Corporal
Bridge Officer

Post by The Corporal » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:44 pm

Tyralak wrote:
Well well well. Aren't we pugnacious today. Who made you the arbiter of what's relevant and not? Perhaps you should go back to SDN where you can get rid of those with whom you disagree. All opinions are heard here.
Well, well aren't we smug and all full of our own self-importance today. Perhaps you should scurry back to your little club on Usenet and congratulate yourself on how much better it is there. Oh...wait, you signed up here just to complain about SDN and how you were treated. Now where have we seen that before?

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Airlocke_Jedi_Knight » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:47 pm

That was not mindless cheer leading. I was simply making an observation. You do seem to be in a rather volatile mood at the moment.

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Airlocke_Jedi_Knight » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:49 pm

The Corporal wrote:
Tyralak wrote:
Well, well aren't we smug and all full of our own self-importance today. Perhaps you should scurry back to your little club on Usenet and congratulate yourself on how much better it is there. Oh...wait, you signed up here just to complain about SDN and how you were treated. Now where have we seen that before?
Surely you are not going to attack someone who has made no comment in this thread? How does this solve anything?

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:30 pm

Tyralak and The_Corporal, if you don't have anything constructive to say to each other, you might consider just ignoring each other. I can definitely say that the two of you are just sniping at each other right now, and that does not meet the description of discourse being "reasonable, polite, and informative" set forth in the rules.

Tyralak, you in particular might want to read the rules and the enforcement policy, since I've had to bring them to your attention several times now.

Tyralak
Bridge Officer

Post by Tyralak » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:38 pm

The Corporal wrote:
Tyralak wrote:
Perhaps you should get your facts straight. I signed up here in June of last year. I didn't resume posting at SDN until a few weeks ago. I signed up here for discussions of ST v SW, and have participated some. You on the other hand hijacked a thread about fan fiction to attack myself and others. You need to reconsider what you're doing here.