SDN - The Great Warsie Bread Party

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Airlocke_Jedi_Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Airlocke_Jedi_Knight » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:34 am

ILikeDeathNote wrote:
l33telboi wrote: Obviously in this case because it was an all-too transparent ploy by one moderator to somehow stop his pet franchise from crumbling in versus debates
This is exactly what I was talking about in the other thread. It's not George Lucas' franchise, it's their "pet" franchise.
*shrugs*

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:56 am

l33telboi wrote: But did you notice something strange in regards to that thread? The new rule Skyzeta came up with was never put into effect. And I think it's safe to say that it's very much because the members said "no."
Like I said, there's hope yet for SBC.
-Mike

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Airlocke_Jedi_Knight » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:09 pm

l33telboi wrote: But did you notice something strange in regards to that thread? The new rule Skyzeta came up with was never put into effect. And I think it's safe to say that it's very much because the members said "no."
http://forum.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=144755

http://forum.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=144754

*sighs*

There went that.

l33telboi
Starship Captain

Post by l33telboi » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:31 pm

I doubt it's going to hold, it seems like a rather desperate measure to counter-balance this thread.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:33 pm

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight wrote:
http://forum.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=144755

http://forum.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=144754

*sighs*

There went that.
How many threads get locked in that fashion in SB? I've seen countless of similar threads that have never run into such a problem for what I read the author of the thread suddenly wanted the ICS out of the picture. One thing is to debate the ICS and another to just wish it away because you do not like it! As a veteran SB member and poster I can tell you categorically that the difference between SB and SDN is like heaven is from hell I kid you not!

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:27 am

l33telboi wrote:I doubt it's going to hold, it seems like a rather desperate measure to counter-balance this thread.
I'am amazed. Years ago I would not have expected to see such a resounding majority vote of "NO" against ICS. This is most heartening to see.
-Mike

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:12 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:
l33telboi wrote:I doubt it's going to hold, it seems like a rather desperate measure to counter-balance this thread.
I'am amazed. Years ago I would not have expected to see such a resounding majority vote of "NO" against ICS. This is most heartening to see.
-Mike
Looks like SDN and the cult of Wong might be on their last days if this keeps up, that's for sure!

ILikeDeathNote
Jedi Knight

Post by ILikeDeathNote » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:43 am

ICS aside, it seems to me that SBC might be having a lack of control problem.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:08 am

I don't know if I would go that far and say they're on "their last legs", but at least others outside SDN are starting to reject the AOTC and ROTS ICS books for what they are: creationist bibles to be thumped by the True Believers.

Be prepared for this to get ugly as time goes on and TCW keeps showing vastly weaker SW firepower.
-Mike

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:13 pm

The thing I find most funny is that, while Warsies will bend over backwards to reconcile the ICS figures with what we see in the movies, they'll automatically, and quite readily, dismiss TIDC examples of Trek firepower because of the effects seen...

I've always found the double standards funny from these guys... :)

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Airlocke_Jedi_Knight » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Praeothmin wrote:The thing I find most funny is that, while Warsies will bend over backwards to reconcile the ICS figures with what we see in the movies, they'll automatically, and quite readily, dismiss TIDC examples of Trek firepower because of the effects seen...

I've always found the double standards funny from these guys... :)
Some Warsies, not all of us. I actually think the ICS numbers are completely silly. Please don't kill us all for the actions of some dumb asses.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:14 pm

Sorry, I should have said "Rabid Warsies".

I know a lot of Warsies don't like the ICS either... :)

Mith
Starship Captain

Post by Mith » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:19 pm

The Corporal wrote:
Mith wrote:
How are the two remotely comparable? One is a sign on your lawn proclaiming your a racist POS and no one can do anything about and your forced to see it. SDN is a webboard, which means you can't see it unless you actively look for it.

And yes Mike is an asshole, a snob and a tonne of other things. However he setup the board because he found nanny-boards tiresome and its pretty obvious to me that he did it in a way that wouldn't allow people to get away with the BS they did on ASVS. In other words, your accountable for your actions, just like in RL.
You missed the point of the analogy and you're taking it farther than it should go. The point is, you don't have to read the sign either, nor does if physically harm you...the point is it is still perfectly valid to comment on how much of a douche that person is. I don't have to be harmed by it.

Err...when where you there? At any rate that is the purpose of the site, it says so right on the header! You know what your in for before you start posting.
A couple of years ago.

And? How do you quantify a stupid person? Someone who just repeats arguments and insults someone to cover up for their lack of evidence and hypocrisy is what I'd write down...and yet that's what they do there.

And again, it doesn't matter. I went and watched Phantom Menace didn't I? I can still say it sucked donkey balls right?

For what its worth, I don't VS debate anymore for this exact reason. I got tired of the peanut gallery.
Then the original point of the board is in the gutter, isn't it?

Dude, its the internet. Why people are getting worked up about some loser sitting in moms basement 4000kms away is beyond me.
Then why do you care that we're getting worked up about some loser in their mom's basement?