SDN: To Ender, about Lantean drones

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:43 am

It's still Theft even if the courts do not see it as such. Any time you take something is not yours without permission or consent of who owns it or in this case take credit for something you did not write or photos you did not take etc, etc is Theft plain and simple. So yes Plagiarism = Theft = Thief = Criminal. As I said before I could care less being banned from SDN but I will never tolerate being called a common criminal which is what s plagiarist is even if the courts don't see it that way and the fact that reporters and writers that incur in this always pay a penalty usually severe attests to this...

Alyeska
Bridge Officer

Post by Alyeska » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:44 am

It is still theft even if a court of law says that it is not.

Brilliant deductive logic right there. You are providing proof of your own banning.

Alyeska
Bridge Officer

Post by Alyeska » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:56 am

You claimed I was calling you a criminal. I point out that I was not and provide explicit definitions of the words used. You change the claim and use the word Theft. Moving the Goal Posts fallacy.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:11 am

Alyeska wrote:You claimed I was calling you a criminal. I point out that I was not and provide explicit definitions of the words used. You change the claim and use the word Theft. Moving the Goal Posts fallacy.
Because anybody that commits theft is a criminal there are higher laws than that of men that I ascribe too if you must know...
That and the fact that plagiarism is heavily penalized by business and the media in general points to the fact that is still criminal activity. not too mention the fact that that particular claim of plagiarism has been proven totally wrong and uncalled for.

As I said I do not care about the banning but until my name is cleared of this particular wrongdoing which I did not commit nothing will change...

Alyeska
Bridge Officer

Post by Alyeska » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:38 pm

And now you are splitting hairs. Plagiarism is not a crime as it is not part of criminal law and courts of law do not decide it. I did not call you a criminal. You can stop grand standing. Your making a fool of yourself arguing nonsensical things. You've already acted like an Internet Tough Guy when you threatened to kill me with a machine gun (oh woe is me, I am quaking in my boots). Then you claim I am saying things which I am clearly not. Then you change the definitions of words as if that proves you right. I am not using your word definitions, so your position is pure bullshit.

In short you have aptly demonstrated the very reasons why we decided to ban you in the first place. The whole plagiarism issue is just icing on the cake.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:54 pm

Except that the plagiarism charge is and remains false and it has been proven as such beyond any reasonable doubt.

Until this trumped up charge is officially retracted this won't end!

l33telboi
Starship Captain

Post by l33telboi » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:11 pm

Lol. How on Earth could I have missed this thread? Alyeska gets a death threat and then decides to post pictures of himself with guns. That's downright epic right there. By the way, is that even you? I recall you being a lot more 'robust' from the post your picture threads on SB.

On a more general note, I did address the issue of perspective. You can see the asteroid in the window in front of the asteroid, and the mirror image of it was almost exactly as big as the real thing just before it got obscured by the asteroid itself.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:28 pm

Alyeska wrote:Speaking of guns.

I went target shooting with a friend and a camera this summer. Cool pics yes? My friend was nice enough to take those pictures.
Coool. Well, I know I shouldn't say that, there's nothing really cool about guns, but stylish nonetheless.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:37 pm

PunkMaister, the plagiarism accusation, I'm afraid, is about all the stuff you copy pasted from SBC before giving off my nick on page 6, most of it being an almost direct copy cat of my own words.
You should have sourced your "info", if we can call it that way, from go.
But it's not like there's any huge monkey IP on these words either.

Just stop asking people to secretly find arguments for you and then go use them some place else.

And get off your high horses as well. There is no need to go necro and spam this forum with your puerile indignity, thank you.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:50 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:PunkMaister, the plagiarism accusation, I'm afraid, is about all the stuff you copy pasted from SBC before giving off my nick on page 6, most of it being an almost direct copy cat of my own words.
You should have sourced your "info", if we can call it that way, from go.
But it's not like there's any huge monkey IP on these words either.

Just stop asking people to secretly find arguments for you and then go use them some place else.

And get off your high horses as well. There is no need to go necro and spam this forum with your puerile indignity, thank you.
Actually and as hard it might be to believe the pics comparing the sizes and all was all indeed my own, I took vidcaps from the YouTube video PREDATOR had posted a link too, at that time I was contending that the asteroids where kilometers wide which turned out to be totally erroneous. But I assure you that those pics and comparisons earlier had nothing to do with your work. When I did finally posted your calcs I did posted who you where and gave the due credit.

Alyeska
Bridge Officer

Post by Alyeska » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:27 pm

l33telboi wrote:Lol. How on Earth could I have missed this thread? Alyeska gets a death threat and then decides to post pictures of himself with guns. That's downright epic right there. By the way, is that even you? I recall you being a lot more 'robust' from the post your picture threads on SB.
I spent three days in the hospital this summer and the condition that lead to my hospital stay has caused me to loose 35 pounds. I no longer have the same appetite nor does my digestive system work as well as it used to.

Yes, that is me.

Alyeska
Bridge Officer

Post by Alyeska » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:29 pm

PunkMaister wrote:Except that the plagiarism charge is and remains false and it has been proven as such beyond any reasonable doubt.

As already pointed out, the plagiarism charge is very much real. And do you seriously think your little stunt here is going to make me change my mind? Your little spat over the definition of plagiarism and its status in criminal law does not build you any favor with the SD.net administration. Face it, you lost.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:35 pm

Alyeska wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:Except that the plagiarism charge is and remains false and it has been proven as such beyond any reasonable doubt.

As already pointed out, the plagiarism charge is very much real. And do you seriously think your little stunt here is going to make me change my mind? Your little spat over the definition of plagiarism and its status in criminal law does not build you any favor with the SD.net administration. Face it, you lost.
No is not because I did gave credit where credit is due and took none for myself.

Alyeska
Bridge Officer

Post by Alyeska » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:38 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
Alyeska wrote:

No is not because I did gave credit where credit is due and took none for myself.
How many pages late did that take? And you did not give proper credit when you reposted SD.net arguments on SB.com. You already admitted to this.

And this still ignores the fact that you were banned for other reasons as well. As exemplified by your nitpicking argumentation over the criminal status of plagiarism and theft.

The Corporal
Bridge Officer

Post by The Corporal » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:46 pm

PunkMaister wrote: No is not because I did gave credit where credit is due and took none for myself.
Punkmeister, go read your entry in Parting Shots on SDN. Plagarism is an instaban offense IIRC but Edi notes that it's not the only reason, he cites several threeads which ended up in the HOS because of your behaviour.

BTW, nice pics Aly. Is that a Mini-14 in the second one?