SDN: To Ender, about Lantean drones

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Who is like God arbour
Starship Captain

Post by Who is like God arbour » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:25 am

• Maybe, if you indeed have such a strong sense of justice, that you can't stomach a false accusation, you should try to learn a little bit about law and justice.

I recommend especially that you try to understand the difference between an offence, a violation of the penal law, and a tort.

And maybe you will understand, what the difference between theft and plagiarism is.
    • Maybe you should also ask you the question,
      • if a theft has a victim and what kind of disadvantage the victim has and, reciprocally, what kind of advantage the thief has and
      • what kind of disantvantage the victim of plagiarism has, if there is a victim at all, and, reciprocally, what kind of advantage the plagiarist has.
      These questions should help you to understand the dogmatic difference between both.
    If you have done that, you may feel the urge to debatte your conclusions or ask questions. In that case, I recommend that you start a new thread in the Other subsection.

But start it with a small essay about what you have done and to what conclusions you have come and why. Explain, what you are thinking and why you are thinking so. And then I will, if I have the time, answer you.

Honestly, such agitation only because someone has accused you to have done plagiarism is totally unwarranted.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Who is like God arbour wrote:Honestly, such agitation only because someone has accused you to have done plagiarism is totally unwarranted.[/list]
Not if the accusation is false and thus unwarranted...

The Corporal
Bridge Officer

Post by The Corporal » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:07 pm

PunkMaister wrote: Not if the accusation is false and thus unwarranted...
Your upset about accusations of plagiarism on a webboard by people you don't know you in RL. So you had some allegations of plagiarism thrown at you and got banned, it has absolutely no bearing on you outside the internet, move on.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:37 pm

The Corporal wrote:
PunkMaister wrote: Not if the accusation is false and thus unwarranted...
Your upset about accusations of plagiarism on a webboard by people you don't know you in RL. So you had some allegations of plagiarism thrown at you and got banned, it has absolutely no bearing on you outside the internet, move on.
I cannot on principle I cannot let false accusations stand not now and not ever...

Who is like God arbour
Starship Captain

Post by Who is like God arbour » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:12 pm

• PunkMaister wrote:
    • Who is like God arbour wrote:
      • Honestly, such agitation only because someone has accused you to have done plagiarism is totally unwarranted.

Not if the accusation is false and thus unwarranted...
    As long as you don't understand the proportion of the wrongly on you inflicted injustice, you can't even begin to judge, if your reaction is proportionate.

And a disproportionate reaction is always unwarranted.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:38 pm

Who is like God arbour wrote:As long as you don't understand the proportion of the wrongly on you inflicted injustice, you can't even begin to judge, if your reaction is proportionate.

And a disproportionate reaction is always unwarranted.[/list]
And as I told you before is the very principle of being falsely accused. I will simply not let this accusation stand not now and not ever...

And honestly I really hate the term disproportionate response/reaction it is being used way too much this days especially by those that preach the poison of political correctness and more specifically when it comes to Israel. They keep saying that their counter attacks against HAMMAS are disproportionate and crap like that. By the same token they are saying the same of how we should go about Islamic terrorism etc, etc. And you know what I'm all for so called Disproportionate response when it comes to people that have no qualms about crashing civilian planes into buildings, mass murdering, raping, beheading, honor killings and so on.

Alyeska
Bridge Officer

Post by Alyeska » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:56 pm

Edi responds.
Well, if the pic post was his original stuff, it still does look a whole lot like he copied that because he mixes it with stuff he lifts nearly wholesale from others. So my mistake there, but that's still two other counts for permaban that are cut and dried. One of them instant and the other incidences of using other people's arguments as essentially his own and generally being a dishonest shitlicker being such that he would have gotten a supermajority in a ban poll. Ender's charge against him still sticks to him.

He is also a fool if he thinks he can get some sort of hearing on this. PEople have been banned from SDnet for far less than he has done, so it's a miracle he lasted as long as he did.

Edi
So there you have it. Plagiarism claim retracted by the banning party. Course your still banned, so thats not going to do much for you. Have a nice day.

The Corporal
Bridge Officer

Post by The Corporal » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:32 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
I cannot on principle I cannot let false accusations stand not now and not ever...
Well, have fun with your crusade because it seems like your the only one who cares.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:55 pm

Alyeska wrote:Edi responds.
Well, if the pic post was his original stuff, it still does look a whole lot like he copied that because he mixes it with stuff he lifts nearly wholesale from others. So my mistake there, but that's still two other counts for permaban that are cut and dried. One of them instant and the other incidences of using other people's arguments as essentially his own and generally being a dishonest shitlicker being such that he would have gotten a supermajority in a ban poll. Ender's charge against him still sticks to him.

He is also a fool if he thinks he can get some sort of hearing on this. PEople have been banned from SDnet for far less than he has done, so it's a miracle he lasted as long as he did.

Edi
So there you have it. Plagiarism claim retracted by the banning party. Course your still banned, so thats not going to do much for you. Have a nice day.
Thank you, that's all I was asking for and not to have the ban lifted I could care less about that, although he still claims that Ender's charge of me plagiarizing Mr. Oragahn's work still sticks even though it has been proven to be false. So what is it?
The Corporal wrote:Well, have fun with your crusade because it seems like your the only one who cares.
Actually that's not accurate at all and just FYI at least I got a partial retraction from the charge of plagiarizing Mr. Oragahn's work well at least apparently because in the same message they claim to retract from it only to say that the charge still sticks talk about contradictions...

The Corporal
Bridge Officer

Post by The Corporal » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:10 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
Actually that's not accurate at all and just FYI at least I got a partial retraction from the charge of plagiarizing Mr. Oragahn's work well at least apparently because in the same message they claim to retract from it only to say that the charge still sticks talk about contradictions...
Well there you go then.