Attention Jedi Master Spock: Vandalism of Database articles!

Discussion of the Open Database, its mission, how to recruit editors and contributors, any on-going problems, and any other matters relating to Starfleet Jedi's resident wiki.
Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:36 pm

Ted C wrote:OK, now your front page has been vandalized. I don't know about anything else yet. If you haven't locked key pages like the home page, I suggest you get to that right away.

EDIT: BTW, I think I'll revert the front page if I can.
BTW, thanks. Your good behavior is a credit to your other communities.

The front page is "protected" in that only registered members can edit it. I don't think I've protected any pages at the level of only privileged users being able to edit them. This obviously does not prevent individuals from registering and then vandalizing, but it means it involves an extra hoop to jump through for the "major" pages.

There's very little that I mind people editing on the wiki, including the front page, which isn't all that pretty right now, and it is very easy to remove spam and vandalism, whether by registered users or "anonymous" IP addresses (which are only actually anonymous if they are proxies). It's quicker than removing spam from the forums, in fact.