Creating Login

Discussion of the Open Database, its mission, how to recruit editors and contributors, any on-going problems, and any other matters relating to Starfleet Jedi's resident wiki.
Jedi Knight

Creating Login

Post by 359 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:19 am

This may just be me missing something rather obvious, but I was thinking about fleshing out the database a bit with some of the unfilled links. But for the life of me I can't figure out how to create an account.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: Creating Login

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:26 am

Sorry about that, something seems to have happened to the new account creation, so PM Jedi Master Spock about it as this is supposed to be an open wiki.
-Mike

Sandyin
Redshirt

Post by Sandyin » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:52 pm

For what it's worth I can't seem to log into my database account. When I try to reset the password it tells me there isn't a user with that name. Though, it could just be because I haven't done anything with it in like five years.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:05 am

Apologies again. I heard back from JMS this morning and it seems that some anti-spambot measures put in place a while back are to blame. I have heard from one other Database user that their account is still active and can be accessed.

So once more, apologies, and hopefully this will be corrected soon.
-Mike

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:08 pm

Should be fixed now. Let me know if it isn't. I may need to do some software upgrades.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:09 pm

Sandyin wrote:For what it's worth I can't seem to log into my database account. When I try to reset the password it tells me there isn't a user with that name. Though, it could just be because I haven't done anything with it in like five years.
If it had been that long, there's a small possibility it went away in a reinstall. I know I've done at least one complete reinstall.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:55 am

Thanks for the effort to get the account login reinstated, JMS. Just have to keep an eye on things over the next few days and weeks for spambots.
-Mike