Internet Explorer issues

Discussion of the Open Database, its mission, how to recruit editors and contributors, any on-going problems, and any other matters relating to Starfleet Jedi's resident wiki.
Socar
Bridge Officer

Internet Explorer issues

Post by Socar » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:03 pm

While IE is certainly not my favorite browser, it still should be given some attention. The wiki looks fine in Firefox, but in IE it has some issues. I fixed most of the problems with the main page, but the footer (which I don't think I have access to) is all stretched out.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:15 am

That's really strange, in either Firefox, or Explorer, I don't seem to be seeing the problems you describe. The big problem I have with the Database is that, like the forum, it's being constantly hit with spam.
-Mike

Socar
Bridge Officer

Post by Socar » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:40 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:That's really strange, in either Firefox, or Explorer, I don't seem to be seeing the problems you describe. The big problem I have with the Database is that, like the forum, it's being constantly hit with spam.
-Mike
Seriously? You're telling me that in your IE, it's not letting you scroll over to the right really far because of the footer being messed up? Weird.

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:27 pm

Everything is lined up for me, except for this part:

"GNU Free Documentation License 1.2. Privacy policy About SFJN Open Database Disclaimers"

That text on the bottom extends further to the right than anything else. I can scroll to the right though. The 'GNU Free text' is under the media wiki image on the page on the bottom right, but the rest goes past it for me.

Socar
Bridge Officer

Post by Socar » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:35 pm

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Can we modify the footer, or is the admin the only one that can do that?

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:51 pm

The CSS (which the footer is part of) can be seen here. Altering it may well be admin only... I'll see. Socar, I'm going to add you to the usergroup "Bureaucrats" in any case, on the theory that it shouldn't hurt.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:42 pm

Socar wrote:
Mike DiCenso wrote:That's really strange, in either Firefox, or Explorer, I don't seem to be seeing the problems you describe. The big problem I have with the Database is that, like the forum, it's being constantly hit with spam.
-Mike
Seriously? You're telling me that in your IE, it's not letting you scroll over to the right really far because of the footer being messed up? Weird.

Honestly, not a thing like that. Once in a while I can scroll over a little this way and that, but not "all the way over to the right".
-Mike