Star Wars: The Sorcerer's Stone

For reviews and close examination of sources - episode reviews, book reviews, raves and rants about short stories, et cetera.
Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Star Wars: The Sorcerer's Stone

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:58 pm

Just thought I'd link to a clever little site here.

I feel that if I spent some time, I could go through the entire original trilogy and use it to rewrite much of the Harry Potter books in synopsis form. The whole Voldemort-Potter magical tie compared with the Luke-Vader family tie is a very similar "surprise" in the Chamber of Secrets vs TESB, etc etc.

Fun stuff.

SailorSaturn13
Bridge Officer

Post by SailorSaturn13 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:54 am

Well, Rowling felt that. Therefore in HP and CoS wwe learn: unlike Anakin, who as a child was a good guy (Hero with no fear), Tom Riddle always was evil, disgusting, and traitorous.

And can you imagine Vader creeping under a table crying "Noooo!!! You can't kill me, I'm immortal!... There is NOTHING AS TERRIBLE AS DEATH!" ?? I surely cannot.

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:57 pm

The Philosopher's Stone
Corrected for you :P

The novel is called "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" in its native country, and the Philosopher's Stone references a real-life myth of a stone that could turn lead into gold and grant immortality to the bearer. It's also in D&D, Fullmetal Alchemist and several other fantasy works.