New Clone Wars Mini-Movie to Hit Theaters This August

For reviews and close examination of sources - episode reviews, book reviews, raves and rants about short stories, et cetera.
Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

New Clone Wars Mini-Movie to Hit Theaters This August

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:53 pm

In addition to the new 30 episode TV series, an introductory 30 minute movie will be released in theaters for the CGI Clone Wars:

http://www.space.com/entertainment/0802 ... lm-tv.html

George Lucas seems to have a fair amount of direct involvement in it's production and has a few interesting comments worth paying attention to.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:00 pm

CNN has another article and some additional information:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html

Anakin having a padawan of his own. Interesting. If only Lucas had come up with this idea before RoTS, it might have added more sting to the killing of the Jedi and the younglings, if we had seen Anakin having to murder a Jedi whom he'd personally trained.
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:48 pm

This stuff abouit the padawan is most intriguing. I wonder how he got one. I suppose it was part of a test, but what a reckless decision nonetheless!
We're talking about that whining brat being given the formation of a young pupil, and in a time of galactic war, only that!
Though Lucas farms out various "Star Wars" projects in what's known as the " 'Star Wars' expanded universe," Filoni says that Lucas ensured "The Clone Wars" has "that 'Star Wars' feeling."
So? The EU doesn't have "that 'Star Wars' feeling"?
That must be cool working for the Licensing branch, being told that your stuff doesn't have "that 'Star Wars' feeling".
Let me get clear now. I never considered that Lucas fully accepted the EU. It was more a way to get money than anything else. But that, for sure, is not going to shorten the gap between EUphiles who have progressively grown a distaste of Lucas' latest work, and the purists.

Ah... nevermind... the design for the CGI series is nice, it's a mix of the cartoons, with good rendering. That said, they better had to aim for a cartoonish style, otherwise it would have been competing with the films' supposedly photo realistic renderings.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm most eager to see the live action series.

Swede
Welcome the new member!

Post by Swede » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:39 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:This stuff abouit the padawan is most intriguing. I wonder how he got one. I suppose it was part of a test, but what a reckless decision nonetheless!
We're talking about that whining brat being given the formation of a young pupil, and in a time of galactic war, only that!
StarWars.com has posted a behind the scenes documentary which among other things shows the scene in which Ahsoka is introduced to Anakin: SW.com
It looks very, very promising!

And as far as the CW are concerned and Ahsoka, many Padawans must have lost their Masters...

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:38 am

Given that there weren't supposed to be any more movies, that and after having read some of GL's comments in the articles, does anyone else get the impression that he's second guessing himself now?
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:13 pm

Clearly. He'll soon announced that in fact, he always planned to have 9 films, and then he'll announced a fourth trilogy, and then his equivalent of the Silmarillion.

l33telboi
Starship Captain

Post by l33telboi » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:30 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Clearly. He'll soon announced that in fact, he always planned to have 9 films, and then he'll announced a fourth trilogy, and then his equivalent of the Silmarillion.
The original plans actually had episodes 7, 8 and 9.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:17 am

I got to correct that problem with my fingers adding stupid dees at the end of the verbs.
It gives my posts a time travel twist, and I hate time travel.