(SPOILER) - Image from Trek Trailer

For reviews and close examination of sources - episode reviews, book reviews, raves and rants about short stories, et cetera.
Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:26 pm

There is now a high quality version up on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XI_oGy_Cc4

It is clear in this version that the structures and lights in the background is the San Francisco skyline with the underside of the ship in the foreground.
-Mike

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:28 pm

For fuck's sake you fucking tossers, stop overanalysing the fucking teaser for a film that isn't going to be out for another eleven fucking months as the bloody thing probably isn't going to even be in the film. It's a teaser, do what the rest of us nerds do and make that silly nasal squeaking noise in sheer glee that they're actually making the fucking thing.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:02 am

Someone obviously need their nappy time... ;-)
-Mike

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:07 am

No, that was semi-drunken ramblings from someone who's quite sick of people attempting to judge a film that they can't possibly have seen yet. I suppose you're not old enough to have discovered proper alcohol and its effects yet. Being American you have to wait until you're thirty-five to be able to drink anything remotely resembling a man's drink with how piss-weak your own alcoholic drinks are.

Disclaiming Note: I drink cider, wine and similar drinks purely for the taste and not for the alcohol, never actually drink such things to the point where I'm a drunken raving lunatic, and stop at 'slightly merry' before I stop and perhaps grab a cup of tea. And I only ever drink once or twice a fortnight.

l33telboi
Starship Captain

Post by l33telboi » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:38 pm

Narsil wrote:No, that was semi-drunken ramblings from someone who's quite sick of people attempting to judge a film that they can't possibly have seen yet. I suppose you're not old enough to have discovered proper alcohol and its effects yet. Being American you have to wait until you're thirty-five to be able to drink anything remotely resembling a man's drink with how piss-weak your own alcoholic drinks are.
I was about to slap the 'Finn' title on you. But then I realized I hadn't actually posted in this thread yet, just the SB one.

You came this close to saying a Finn doesn't drink properly. This is an insult greater then any among my people, and the punishment would've most certainly been death by sodomy.

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:44 pm

I'm a Scotsman in England insulting an American. If you have any problem with that, you may see the local council who will kick your teeth in for even suggesting that there's a problem.

l33telboi
Starship Captain

Post by l33telboi » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:57 pm

Narsil wrote:I'm a Scotsman in England insulting an American. If you have any problem with that, you may see the local council who will kick your teeth in for even suggesting that there's a problem.
We do not kick people in the teeth, we hit. Kicking is for girls without enough upper body strength to hit properly.

But putting that small factual error aside, you did also seem to apply the attribte 'Not drunk enough' to all who had nitpicked on the teaser, not just Americans, unless you were really implying I'm actually an american, in which case death by sodomy wouldn't be considered a harsh enough punishment. In any case, this is why I found that my male bravado had to step in point out that even a Scottsman comes second in a drinking contest against a real finn.

This is scientific fact.

A natural law even.

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:14 pm

We kick your teeth in after you've been smacked in the face hard enough so that you've fallen over, duh. And I was saying that all of you people who were over-nitpicking the trailer were tossers, while saying that DiCenso was an American lightweight.

l33telboi
Starship Captain

Post by l33telboi » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:18 pm

Narsil wrote:We kick your teeth in after you've been smacked in the face hard enough so that you've fallen over, duh. And I was saying that all of you people who were over-nitpicking the trailer were tossers
All right then, 'tosser' I can live with.

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:05 pm

Finn?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:10 pm

GStone wrote:Finn?
Finland.

Just ignore Narsil, he's talking BS.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:30 pm

I think Narsil needs to chill and lay off the booze at the same time. We're having some fun with looking at the first offical images from the movie. And yes, it is also fairly offical that the shipyard scenes are in the movie. Whether they stay exactly the same is a good point (one that I'd brought up early on in this thread), it still is something we can get an idea into the thought processes that J.J Abrams and co. are employing during the making of this movie.

By the way, Star Trek fan film maker James Cawley (Star Trek New Voyages) once a skeptic of the film, has apparently been won over after his visit to the sets:

http://trekmovie.com/2008/01/23/james-c ... rek-movie/

So this is a very good first sign.
-Mike

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:41 pm

L33telboi wrote:In any case, this is why I found that my male bravado had to step in point out that even a Scottsman comes second in a drinking contest against a real finn.

This is scientific fact.

A natural law even.
And it's a natural Law that any Quebecer will drink more than any Finn (even our women, why'd you think we married them)... ;)

Now, concerning the teaser, I liked it, I don't care where the ship is being built, or how, as long as the movie is good.

Being a JJ Abrams fan, I believe it will... :)