Capitaine America:Civil War... What did you think? Spoilers!

For reviews and close examination of sources - episode reviews, book reviews, raves and rants about short stories, et cetera.
Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Capitaine America:Civil War... What did you think? Spoilers!

Post by Praeothmin » Tue May 10, 2016 12:10 am

I went to see it last Saturday, and I loved it...
I loved the way they adapted the storyline for the big screen, and I think we've seen the best big screen interpretation of Spider-Man ever...
The villain doesn't die, the avengers are in shambles and it sets the tone superbly for what will come...

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: Capitaine America:Civil War... What did you think? Spoil

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri May 20, 2016 8:41 pm

CA in a modern setting feels less stupid than during WWII. CA:WS was quite well done for a commercial movie.
I haven't seen CA:CW, only trailers and few sequences, it seems very good when it comes to duels, but there's something wrong with the fact that Marvel/Whedon prove incapable of making a genuine CA-centric CA movie instead of a poorly disguised Avengers (gone South). Mind you, for the former CA flick, some people complained that considering the magnitude of the events that took place, it made no sense for the Avengers not to intervene, or at least half of the top-tier heroes not to be involved to some degree.

Sideswipe
Bridge Officer

Post by Sideswipe » Tue May 24, 2016 10:48 pm

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I think the action was better than Winter Soldier but the story was weaker and the tone was a bit inconsistent. I liked it a lot more than Age of Ultron. I liked Spider-Man's portrayal but both him and Ant Man didn't really have a reason to be part of the fight. Ant Man especially, what was that conversation like?

"Hey Ant Man, we want you to come fight Tony Stark and some of his cronies."
"Why should I?"
"I don't know..."
"What's in it for me?"
"Nothing."
"Okay, I am in!"

I wasn't a fan of what they did with Zemo and I think Crossbones was totally wasted by being blown up. Also it feels a bit forced making Cap's new love interest related to Peggy Carter.

Enterprise E
Bridge Officer

Post by Enterprise E » Wed May 25, 2016 1:09 pm

Sideswipe wrote: Also it feels a bit forced making Cap's new love interest related to Peggy Carter.
Sharon Carter is related to Peggy Carter in the comics as well so that should not be a surprise to anyone who knows the comics.

Sothis
Bridge Officer

Post by Sothis » Thu May 26, 2016 11:17 am

The fight at the end was pretty brutal. Would Stark have actually killed Rogers?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue May 31, 2016 5:03 pm

Enterprise E wrote:
Sideswipe wrote: Also it feels a bit forced making Cap's new love interest related to Peggy Carter.
Sharon Carter is related to Peggy Carter in the comics as well so that should not be a surprise to anyone who knows the comics.
MCU stands on its own and it shouldn't be required to read comics to understand a commercial flick.