Ep7 2nd Trailer: What Inflationists See

For reviews and close examination of sources - episode reviews, book reviews, raves and rants about short stories, et cetera.
Starship Captain

Ep7 2nd Trailer: What Inflationists See

Post by 2046 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:10 am

If I had more time and skill, I would 'correct' the trailer to show what inflationists must see when watching it.

For instance, the TIE shoots at the Falcon and puffs up some sand. I would white out the screen and then show a mushroom cloud and glass landscape. Not from the shots but from the Falcon's engines being on.

The upside-down Executor would have all the sand blown off it by blast effects from the shots. Hell, this being the future, maybe the TIE could shoot under it and blast it into orbit. There's room for a *little* advancement, right?

I would also insert a scene of the TIE in the ship hangar pausing before unleashing fire while the pilot turns his guns down to 0.0000000000000000000000000000002% of max yield. I am thinking a row of keypads for each digit stretching across the front of the cockpit.

What else am I missing?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: Ep7 2nd Trailer: What Inflationists See

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:59 pm

The first explosion we see, with chick and dude running away from it, is produced by shots fired by a distant TIE fighter. Might be one of the greatest firing ranges ever seen on screen thus far! :)
But that's certainly only a fraction of said effective range. As for the firepower, the TIE pilot did, indeed, dial it down to something like ... I don't know cause the shots might have hit something sensitive after all. At least it's non nuclear, for sure. But that's because they want to capture the two people running.
The Force power the Sith is using might be applied to a building or a giant walker. If I have time I'll try to zoom on the visor and study the reflected image. But it does look like a building at least.

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Fri May 01, 2015 3:19 am

The visible explosions behind the people are from the TIE shots drilling to the center of the planet. Those are tiny magma-and-pyroclastic events.

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Fri May 01, 2015 3:37 am

Oh wait, even better ... the planet's core is solidified, but the TIE shot went super-fast and drilled down to the nickel-iron, reliquefying it at near lightspeed. The surface blast of core ejecta we saw looks unimpressive to your ignorant eyes, but as per the Holy Grate the volume of smoke is not related to the volume of vapor, and blast is invisible in SW.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri May 01, 2015 4:14 am

You forgot to mention the ISD buried in the sands itself. Clearly it collided with Tatooine after accelerating to 3,000 Gs and had obviously reached half the speed of light when it hit and blew a gigantic hundred km wide crater that in turn partially filled in with sand in the following years (once the crater cooled and solidified, of course).

The effects this had on Tatoonie was devastating and would've been far worse if it hadn't been for the common household shields, each with a 1e23 watt capacity, that were protecting almost everyone.

For those not lucky enough to be shielded in their homes, I shall now call this the Tatoonie Holocaust! ;-D
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri May 01, 2015 8:37 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:You forgot to mention the ISD buried in the sands itself. Clearly it collided with Tatooine after accelerating to 3,000 Gs and had obviously reached half the speed of light when it hit and blew a gigantic hundred km wide crater that in turn partially filled in with sand in the following years (once the crater cooled and solidified, of course).

The effects this had on Tatoonie was devastating and would've been far worse if it hadn't been for the common household shields, each with a 1e23 watt capacity, that were protecting almost everyone.

For those not lucky enough to be shielded in their homes, I shall now call this the Tatoonie Holocaust! ;-D
-Mike
Actually, the planet isn't Tatooine but Yuvania, and once was a lush green world. But the impact alone created such a thermal shock that half the planet is now a barren land, with two nearby seas having evaporated.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri May 01, 2015 8:42 pm

Meanwhile, the ice world where the neoimps built their base once was called Tatooine.
I infer the use of some kind of planetary shield covering the entirety of the globe and a misalignment of the neutrino radiators that must have sucked most of the biosphere's energy out.
But that is very speculative, in my totally honest and humble opinion.