Iron Man 3 review Expect Spoilers

For reviews and close examination of sources - episode reviews, book reviews, raves and rants about short stories, et cetera.
Lucky
Jedi Master

Iron Man 3 review Expect Spoilers

Post by Lucky » Sat May 11, 2013 5:07 am

I just saw Iron Man 3. I think it is a movie worth watching, and possibly the best movie set in the 199999 universe. It is definitely worth seeing.

My favorite part was Tony slowly realizing he can't protect everyone no matter how much he wants to, and that he needs to put faith in others. It turns out that Tony could have had surgeons remove the shrapnel for example.

One thing that didn't make sense to me was at the very end Tony throws what looks like the arc reactor that was in his chest into the ocean.

I liked how they set up the kid who helped Tony as a possible replacement for Tony in the future, or perhaps the kid is something else in the works. The kid's father goes to buy lottery tickets, and just disappears is rather odd.

I hope Pepper did not lose all of the powers she gained from extremis. All Tony had to do was fix the over heating problem. It might slow how quickly the person heals and remove the energy projection powers, but I'm not sure why she would lose the purely physical enhancements? She rather enjoyed being superhuman.

Kills
Pepper Potts: 2
Iron Man: .5
War Machine: .5
In three movies Pepper(the damsel in distress) has more kills then the heros.^_^

-=-=-=-=-=-

Technological Data

J.A.R.V.A.S. can control at least 42 armors at once, but can't seem to identify an extremis enhanced Pepper from the enemy.

Tony was able to inject what seemed to be chips into his body that let him control 42.

In spite of being a buggy prototype not ready for combat, the Mark 42 was able to take an insane beating with only minor repair. Recharging it seemed to be the biggest problem.

Tony's armors have problems at 3,000 degrees, but then metals tend to melt at those temperatures.

Extremis seems to basically hack and reprogram a part of the brain that was described similarly to a USB port, and then let you rebuild the body as you please. It almost seems to alter a morphic field of sorts. They actually give a nice bit of technobabble as to how it works in the movie without hurting the scene. I wish I could find a script to quote that part.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: Iron Man 3 review Expect Spoilers

Post by Praeothmin » Mon May 13, 2013 1:30 pm

Cool, I was interested in seeing it, and am even more now... :)

Thanks.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed May 15, 2013 10:12 am

Good, the first two were so dumb and insulting towards Middle East people.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Sat May 25, 2013 4:48 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote: Good, the first two were so dumb and insulting towards Middle East people.
Given Iron Man 2 has nothing to do with the Middle East, I'm rather curious as to why you think that? I get the feeling you are thinking of different movies.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:17 am

Lucky wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote: Good, the first two were so dumb and insulting towards Middle East people.
Given Iron Man 2 has nothing to do with the Middle East, I'm rather curious as to why you think that? I get the feeling you are thinking of different movies.
No sorry, just the first one. Although you can't do worse than Transformers when it comes to berating a very specific Middle East country for no reason other than selling a very biased political message to dumb audiences.
The second Iron Man movie was a complete WTF as far as plot goes. It's beyond mindless entertainment. Heck, this high level of sequelitis makes the first one mildly artistic and enjoyable.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:00 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote: No sorry, just the first one.
You're not answering the question. How is the first Ironman movie insulting to anyone?

We are directly shown that the warlord has to take families hostage to get troops for example, and that he is not well liked.

Mr. Oragahn wrote: Although you can't do worse than Transformers when it comes to berating a very specific Middle East country for no reason other than selling a very biased political message to dumb audiences.
You're changing the subject.

Mr. Oragahn wrote: The second Iron Man movie was a complete WTF as far as plot goes. It's beyond mindless entertainment.
Ironman2 has a fairly standard revenge plot to it coupled with standard(for Ironman) plot elements with no real plot twists. It is the weakest of the three movies.

Mr. Oragahn wrote: Heck, this high level of sequelitis makes the first one mildly artistic and enjoyable.
It's a simple retooling of the comic book origin story using more modern analogs,.