SW: Live Series Update From CE

For reviews and close examination of sources - episode reviews, book reviews, raves and rants about short stories, et cetera.
Cpl Kendall
Jedi Knight

SW: Live Series Update From CE

Post by Cpl Kendall » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:07 pm

Starwarsblog.com
The Live Action Series:

* McCallum and Lucas were recently in London meeting writers for the Star Wars live action TV series.
* “We want to be able to take all this technology we’ve developed over the years and make it accessible to everybody and try to make each one of the episodes [of the live-action TV series] look like a major feature film with all the production values and visual effects that you would expect in a feature but do it for a television budget.”
* “We’ve met a whole bunch of writers from literally all over the world – we have Australia left, that’s the last place we’re going to meet some people – we’re hoping to get a group of six or seven writers ready sometime between September and December to make the final choice and then we’ll start doing story outlines. As I said before, it’s a much darker, much more character-based series, much more adult, and we’re hoping that it will go on for up to 400 episodes.”
* “I think if we can get [the live action Star Wars TV series] right, it’s something that can go on for years and years. One of the ideas is that we’ll have multiple series going on in about two or three year’s time.
* “We’re definitely going back to Sydney to shoot [the live action TV series] and probably June of next year we’ll start casting for it…I’ve had three conceptual artists working on it now for about seven months.”
So their hoping for 400 episodes with several series running side by side. Pretty ambitious.