TCW Season 4

For reviews and close examination of sources - episode reviews, book reviews, raves and rants about short stories, et cetera.
Trinoya
Security Officer

Re: TCW Season 4

Post by Trinoya » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:51 pm

While he has displayed some of those abilities, he didn't display the capability of voodoo, or the ability to warp and twist metal into fully functional limbs, and certainly didn't display the ability to raise an army of undead.

That said: All of these abilities are also, in general, capable with technology as well. It is clear they are not ignorant of it since they use bows that fire energy arrows (not making that up).

However; ultimately there is no explanation given beyond George Lucas trolling and going "Lolmagic!"

On a side note: The arc in which the witches feature most prominently involves Grevious landing soldiers on a defenseless world rather than using those wankatons of power to just exterminate them.

This was with an exterminate order mind you and after at least one assassination attempt on Dookus life.

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Trinoya wrote:Just a quick update: It appears that sending in conventional troops during an exterminate order was considered superior than orbital bombardment in a recent clone wars episode.

Another Update: Magic in star wars appears to be superior or at least on par with the rest of the stuff.
Concur on both. The latter was rather jarring, really.

As to the former, my first thought was that it was most intriguing, but in fairness it was a populated world with only a group in a certain area marked for extermination. However, there was no one so close that a big bang would have harmed innocent bystanders.

Have we seen orbital bombardment in SW?

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:00 pm

To my knowledge, there has never been any serious attempt at orbital bombardment in TCW, even when it would have been a perfectly viable option from a tactical or strategic standpoint.
-Mike

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:20 pm

The only time orbital bombardment is even mentioned is in TESB, concerning Hoth.

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:31 pm

Then a safe conclusion is that even the bad guys don't make a habit out of bombing populated worlds, which fits well in the line of the BDZ being such terrible horrible thing that the order isn't ever to be changed to prevent ANY confusion ever.

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Was BDZ ever mentioned outside of EU?

Enterprise E
Bridge Officer

Post by Enterprise E » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:45 pm

I can't recall hearing any mention of it in any of the movies or The Clone Wars series, so no, I don't think it's been mentioned before, unless it was mentioned in one of the movie novelizations, which I have not read.

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:12 pm

That's why I asked. Mike and Khas obviously talked about movie canon, and Trinoya brought up BDZ... which, in movie universe, does not exist. I still wanted to be sure.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:29 pm

Enterprise E wrote:I can't recall hearing any mention of it in any of the movies or The Clone Wars series, so no, I don't think it's been mentioned before, unless it was mentioned in one of the movie novelizations, which I have not read.
No it hasn't, at least to date. Movies are a definite never, but there still is a chance that one of the TCW writers could slip it in.
-Mike