Red Letter Media RotS Review Up

For reviews and close examination of sources - episode reviews, book reviews, raves and rants about short stories, et cetera.
Mith
Starship Captain

Re: Red Letter Media RotS Review Up

Post by Mith » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:02 am

The Dude wrote:If your feeling masochistic, Jim Raynor on SDN has a 108 page rebuttal of RLM's TPM review up:

Link

And no, I haven't read it. More entertaining things to do with my time.
Yeah, I officially lost what little residew of respect I had for Leo1 when he said that Wall-E was a bad movie.

MOTHER FUCKING WALL-E

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:45 am

Mith wrote:
The Dude wrote:If your feeling masochistic, Jim Raynor on SDN has a 108 page rebuttal of RLM's TPM review up:

Link

And no, I haven't read it. More entertaining things to do with my time.
Yeah, I officially lost what little residew of respect I had for Leo1 when he said that Wall-E was a bad movie.

MOTHER FUCKING WALL-E

It fun to read as at certain points you can almost see the flecks of foam that must have splattered his keyboard and screen as he typed it.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu May 03, 2012 3:22 pm

Picked from someone's sig at SDN. Amusing if genuine.

Jesus Fucking Christ, is this guy honestly that goddamned stupid? He can't understand the plot of a Star Wars film? We're not talking about "Rashomon" here, for fuck's sake. The plot is as linear as they come. If anything, the film tries too hard to fill in all the gaps. This guy must be a flaming retard.

--Mike Wong, on Red Letter Media

I thought RLM's criticism was rather simple and spot on. Obviously some people just can't stomach criticism showing how bad SW writing and filming was during the prequels.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Thu May 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Picked from someone's sig at SDN. Amusing if genuine.

Jesus Fucking Christ, is this guy honestly that goddamned stupid? He can't understand the plot of a Star Wars film? We're not talking about "Rashomon" here, for fuck's sake. The plot is as linear as they come. If anything, the film tries too hard to fill in all the gaps. This guy must be a flaming retard.

--Mike Wong, on Red Letter Media

I thought RLM's criticism was rather simple and spot on. Obviously some people just can't stomach criticism showing how bad SW writing and filming was during the prequels.
It went down hill after TESB imho but the prequels were just fucking awful.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu May 03, 2012 9:18 pm

ROTJ still has Tatooine, Jabba, the moving death of Yoda, the best cast of main Star Wars characters, and the probably the best space battle ever done for a massive audience.
It quite outshines the defaults.
Now, the prequels, my gawd...

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Thu May 03, 2012 9:38 pm

For the Prequels they could have hired Squirrelking - the author of Half Life: Full Life Consequences to write them, and they would have been better.