The People vs. George Lucas

For reviews and close examination of sources - episode reviews, book reviews, raves and rants about short stories, et cetera.
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

The People vs. George Lucas

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:34 pm

Mith
Starship Captain

Re: The People vs. George Lucas

Post by Mith » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:53 pm

And really, really sad.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:30 pm

*meh* Its his baby and he can do what he wants with it but I'll never buy another SW product again. Both because the PT was utter crap and the obsessive fans that ruin it all.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:45 pm

Mith wrote:And really, really sad.
How?

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:18 pm

The Dude wrote:the obsessive fans that ruin it all.
Hey, I resemble that remark... :)

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:06 pm

No you don't man.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:18 am

Hell there, Phil.

In what capacity do you work on this documentary's production team?
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:35 pm

Okay, at this point I have to step more into my offical capacity as a mod here.

Phil, on one hand it's cool that we have someone who worked on this movie here. On the other, I'm in a bit of a quandary; you see technically speaking what you were doing in your first post here could be considered spamming or possibly product shilling. Most of us here are pretty smart people, so the pointer by you to the offical website, which was already linked to in the opening post (OP) by Mr. Oragahn, struck me as a bit redundant, and we might have a spambot on our hands. All of which, as I'm sure you know, are very much against this board's rules.

Now since you actually responded to me, you most likely are a real person... or a pretty damn good bot AI. So I have to ask you, Phil, what is your capacity here as a member of the "The People vs George Lucas" movie's staff? Are you here to shill? To answer our questions about this movie? If you're a researcher looking for more contributors to this documentary effort, fine. But could you not have contacted this site's administrator Jedi Master Spock in page mail?

I believe I'm being quite fair here in giving you a chance to explain in detail.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Just to show you that there's no hard feelings, I'll let this slide for the time being, and I recommend that if you truly are seeking new contributors for your documentary, that you contact Jedi Master Spock via PM about this, then we can put this properly to our membership whether or not they wish to participate.

Believe it or not, I'm already involved in this movie as a contributor of sorts, so I really do want you guys to succeed.

Alexandre O. Philippe contacted my animation group (Studio Tradigital) late last year, which at that time was working on various scenes for Star Wars Uncut and wanted to use one or two of the scenes we had completed to that time for the documentary. I had not wanted to say anything up to this point because I did not want to seem like I was unnecessarily bragging. It's also kind of hard to prove when you don't see your studio's name in the main IMBD credits for the movie, and I only spotted a quick frame that flashed briefly from Scene 191 (bartender pointing out where Obi-Wan and Luke are to two Stormtroopers) in your trailer and on the site itself, and possibly one frame of Scene 222 (Leia insulting Tarkin when the first meet on the Death Star , and right before Alderaan's destruction).
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:10 pm

phil3000 wrote:Hi Mike,

I really appreciate this, my apologies again...
Apologies accepted, member Phil.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:20 pm

Now, now, Darth Oragahn. No Force-choking new members. ;-)
-Mike