Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 3 Expect spoilers

For reviews and close examination of sources - episode reviews, book reviews, raves and rants about short stories, et cetera.
Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 3 Expect spoilers

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:59 pm

The Dude wrote:
Praeothmin wrote: If she was trying to kill Padme, then clearly SW sniper rifles are weak if one shot doesn't tear the target apart, like some modern rifles can do...
Yeah but those are anti-material rifles, that are being used against people because they offer greater range. Not because we want to rip limbs off.
Sure, but from all I read, I thought even "standard" sniper rounds will go through body armor and a human limb like a plasma knife through butter?

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Depends. What is a "standard sniper round"? Not all things are equal of course and different nations and units use different rounds but on average yeah, a round from a .308 or .338 should go through armour. Keep in mind that the folks were killing right now usually have nothing more then just clothes.

It's also illegal to use rounds that cause "grotesque wounds." So we're not supposed to use things specifically designed to rip people apart. Thats not to say that getting hit with some modern weapons won't (.50cal can necessitate amputation).

Edit: Rounds designed to penetrate armour also do badly against bare flesh. Even the venerable FMJ is known to zip right through and not deliver a killing or crippling blow.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:31 pm

Rounds designed to penetrate armour also do badly against bare flesh. Even the venerable FMJ is known to zip right through and not deliver a killing or crippling blow.
Because of over penetration, I guess, since the round was made to penetrate more resistant "material", it goes though flesh like a pen though a piece of paper...

But all in all, the Sniper Rifle we see in TCW basically isn't more powerful then mordern ones then?

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:37 pm

I've not seen it. Anyone got a clip?

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:26 am

The Dude wrote:I've not seen it. Anyone got a clip?
Is this what you were looking for? You can see Padme get hit, and you get a look at the rifle, but I think some of the scenes are out of order.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcLehYvV5WY

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:53 am

Kinda hard to determine anything from that. Still if she wasn't seriously injured (required surgery etc, off duty for weeks) then it's not all that great of a weapon. I'm not sure how blasters work but if they use heat then I would expect the injuries to be more severe then from a firearm.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:01 am

If you want to view the episodes in full, there is also Mastertoons.com.
-Mike

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:40 am

Season 3 Episode 7

Cad Bane is hired by Jabba to kidnap C3-PO, and extract detailed blue prints of the senate. Why R2 has detailed blue prints of the senate building stored in his hard drive is never explained.

This appears to happen just before "Hostage Crisis".

_____

There are droid spas run seemingly by droids for droids. When R2 goes in I swear R2 was expecting a droid version of a brothel, and that he thought the fem-droid behind the counter was cute. Maybe I just have an over active emanation?

We see a droid try to sell R2 something it said would out last R2's circuit boards.

C3-Po stated that R2 may need his focus capacitors checked. This might just be a joke, or a real part of a droid.

C3-PO and R2 are each kidnaped right in front of other droids and non-humans, and we see no sign anyone called the cops. This is two separate thefts/kidnappings with shots fired, and a droid sent running screaming about someone be killed.

And so at the end of the day Cad had his hench droids drop off R2 and C3-Po where they had been taken, and then erased the memories of the day long torture. Strangely no one finds it odd that R2 and C3-PO don't remember what what they did all day.

Zero the hut seems to have some rather nasty dirt on all the hut clans.

Mith
Starship Captain

Post by Mith » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:38 am

Um...does anyone else wonder why Jabba and the other Hutts just don't ask for Zero from the Republic? I mean, they've essentially got them by the balls as it is with the highways...so why not just ask for him? I mean, it's not like he's going to go walking free after he tried to off Jabba's own kid.

I mean, aside from his attempt to possibly murder Padme...who the fuck cares about what happens to Zero?

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:34 pm

Mith wrote:Um...does anyone else wonder why Jabba and the other Hutts just don't ask for Zero from the Republic? I mean, they've essentially got them by the balls as it is with the highways...so why not just ask for him? I mean, it's not like he's going to go walking free after he tried to off Jabba's own kid.

I mean, aside from his attempt to possibly murder Padme...who the fuck cares about what happens to Zero?
The only thing I can think of is that Zero has some really good dirt on the huts that could destroy them.

It wou;ld have made a lot of sense for Zero to have been handed over to the huts tender loving care after kidnaping Jabba's kid.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:48 am

Shhhh, Lucky! The writers thought this all up after the fact! ;-)
-Mike

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:22 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:Shhhh, Lucky! The writers thought this all up after the fact! ;-)
-Mike
This is basically a two part episode we are talking about with a third episode linked to it closely in the same season. I'd assume they put some thought into it.

I figure the information Zero has is either something we will think is worthless, and make the huts look foolish and stupid, or be something they really would not want getting out like sources of drugs or such.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:40 am

Season 3 Episode 8

Zero the hut with the help of his girl friend escapes, and he goes to retrieve a data pad/computer with information on all the huts dirty deeds.

_____

Zero's girlfriend (a Pa'lowick) seemed to be considered very attractive by the Gamorreans to the point that they will fight eachother to show who is stronger just because she asked. Her flirting with Zero was rather disturbing, and not because Zero is a hut. Zero's girl friend was more disgusting then a hut.

I don't mind the inter-speices relationship, but at least the species should look like they are compatible. Seriously how would a Pa'lowick and a hut have sex like it was implied?

Zero's mother was big enough to eat him in one bite, and was noted it seemed for smelling bad.

It seems Zero's father died on Teth, but he never told his mother, and she is waiting for him.

Until this episode I thought for some reason Zero was female.
______

We see a lot of long and high and long super jumps done by the Jedi, or the were in less then one G. I had some distractions while watching, and the episode takes place.

We learn that some Jedi can see the past, by touching something that someone they are looking for touched, but it seems not every Jedi can do it.

Not all Jedi are very diplomatic as shown by the Jedi tracker Obi-won was partnered with.
_____

We see Zero and Cad Bane using the Star Wars equivalent of fan boats. Why the fan seems to be made out of electricity is beyond me.

I think Cad Bane owns a cloak shaped ship.

Cad had some nifty rocket boots, flame throwers, darts and tazers all used to great effectively when facing the Jedi.

The data pad had seemingly been left on Teth in the grave of Zero's father for months if not years, and worked fine. Teht seems rather dry and dusty, and the pad was in a shelter area, but still, I would expect the battery on my laptop to be dead. The thing had to be like a tuff book lap top.

Zero died of a close range blaster bolt that seemed to make a bolt sized hole in him, which was odd. Blaster bolts rarely leave large holes, but it's not unheard of.

Mith
Starship Captain

Post by Mith » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:35 am

Lucky wrote:Season 3 Episode 8
The data pad had seemingly been left on Teth in the grave of Zero's father for months if not years, and worked fine. Teht seems rather dry and dusty, and the pad was in a shelter area, but still, I would expect the battery on my laptop to be dead. The thing had to be like a tuff book lap top.
It was probably off most of the time. She probably activated it after she picked it up.
Zero died of a close range blaster bolt that seemed to make a bolt sized hole in him, which was odd. Blaster bolts rarely leave large holes, but it's not unheard of.
It probably ignited the fat in his slimey skin.

Also...

*claws out eyes at the sight of Zero's mother*

DEAR GOD WHY?!

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:44 am

Mith wrote:
Mith wrote:It probably ignited the fat in his slimey skin.

Also...

*claws out eyes at the sight of Zero's mother*

DEAR GOD WHY?!
I seem to recall a few EU stories I can't remember the names of that had huts surviving and making full recovers from things like multiple blaster bolt hits, or getting half their head cut off.

Zero's mom is just a hut large enough to eat Jabba whole, what's the big deal?

Now, Zero's girlfriend made me sick. She was sickening once she started flirting.