Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 3 Expect spoilers

For reviews and close examination of sources - episode reviews, book reviews, raves and rants about short stories, et cetera.
Lucky
Jedi Master

Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 3 Expect spoilers

Post by Lucky » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:03 am

Season 3 Episode 3

Pantora is being blockaded by what appears to be one Trade Federation Lucrehulk-class ship. It seems the TF can blockade anyone they want as long as they claim the planet owes them money. The people of Pantora are starting to grow worried, and talk of leaving the Republic, and joining the CIS because of the TF's action, and thepromise to magically make the Trade fed leave by the CIS.

Somehow The Trade Fed is claiming it is neutral.

To put more pressure on on the chairman of the Pantoran government the trade fed/CIS hire Greedo and some other guy to kidnap the chairmans daughters.

The chairman's daughters walk into the apartment Coruscant they are staying in, the lights conspicuously doesn't work, but they act as if that sort of thing happens all the time, and we get to see the rarely used stun setting from the blaster pistol of Greedo's partner.

The police show up, but they don't seem to have even tried to find clues like blood that Greedo left on an idol on of the daughters hit him with. The chairman and his son go to Tatooine a known hang out for Greedo who is known to work for Jabba the Hut.

The Chairman does have a handy little pocket sized DNA scanner on him for reasons never explained, and it has access to a database of at least known crimals. It is doubtful the scanner it's self contains the database, and that would mean this is the first wireless system I know of in Star Wars for computers.

Ahsoka and the Pantoran senator decide to search the TF ship that is blockading Pantor. The Senator asks why Ahsoka doesn't just sense where the Chairman's daughter is and Ahsoka says something about it not being something a Jedi can just turn on or something like that.

Ahsoka uses TK to lift the Senator at one point, and it is rather clear it is a strain for her to lift someone about her size while wedging herself between two bulkheads.

Ahsoka uses the Jedi mind trick to get past a guard. It appears to put the guard into a trance like state, and the guard will do what he is told. In this case Ahsoka says you will let me pass, but Ahsoka has to do it again so the guard will let the senator through.

There was a fire fight on Tatooine, and tables are used for cover. I think the tables may have been made of wood. The only people who seem to be able to hit their targets with their blasters seemed to be the Chair man, his son, and hand cuffed daughter.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:56 am

Season 3 Episode 4

Mandalore seems to need to import a lot of it's food and other things, but because of the war they seem to need to rely on smugglers to get the supplies, and it seems to be very expensive. Why a planet even one such as Mandalore needs to import food, or does not at least have it's own transports escapes me.

It is also stated that the republic is also using smugglers a lot.

A smuggler ship arrives just after padme with a load of tea. That's right, pre-made bottled tea like Brisk or Snapple. They then bribe the customs agent who tells them that they got lucky as there would normally be more agents around.

The problem arise when some smugglers use a toxic substance to dilute some pre made tea in order to make a few more credits. Why they are transporting pre-made tea to a planet with what appears to have plenty of water is beyond me. Why they don't just dilute the tea with water is also never explained.

The doctors can't figure out what is making the kids sick even after testing the food. It seems no one thought to test what the kids drank at the schools until Duchess Satine thinks of it while visiting the school to investigate herself.

So the Duchess Satine, padme, and the royal guard go investigate, and catch the smugglers in the act. They then call the police/customs, and in-spite of all the witnesses he does not want to investigate, and refuses to believe the duchess until there is a bit of arm twisting figuratively speaking. Incompetence, stupidity, or corruption at work?

Well they find the operation, and there is a firer fight.
It seems that only the police officer/customs agent had a gun.
As usual body armor proves worthless.
The royal guard had staffs, and shields(physical objects) that proved to be blaster proof.
At least one of the royal guard seemed to be deflecting blaster bolts Jedi style with his staff a few times.
And they used a large packing crate for cover.
________

The royal guard are given special communication devices and data pads implying they don't normally have such devices.

________

Man I'm bad at this.

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Lucky wrote:Man I'm bad at this.
Not at all. Besides which, you're getting the job done, which is more than can be said for me!

Enterprise E
Bridge Officer

Post by Enterprise E » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:12 pm

When I saw that Mandalorian guard blocking the blaster bolts of that one smuggler, all I could think was that the Jedi missed one in their search for force-sensitive children. I can see getting lucky once, but twice, or however many shots he blocked? That, I don't see unless someone really has an edge.

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:50 pm

We saw Mandalorians blocking stuff with the staff when they were introduced and fighting on Satine's tall skinny ship last season.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:10 am

Enterprise E wrote:When I saw that Mandalorian guard blocking the blaster bolts of that one smuggler, all I could think was that the Jedi missed one in their search for force-sensitive children. I can see getting lucky once, but twice, or however many shots he blocked? That, I don't see unless someone really has an edge.
Aren't blaster bolts subsonic?

Don't we see a clone dodge a blaster bolt in the movies?

It just means you don't need force powers to block them, right?

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:12 am

2046 wrote:
Lucky wrote:Man I'm bad at this.
Not at all. Besides which, you're getting the job done, which is more than can be said for me!
I hope it inspires you to continue No Letters From Home.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:19 am

Season 3 Episode 5

Sadly I missed the first few minutes of the episode.

Duchess Satine is worried about corruption in her government, so she arranges for a Jedi(Ahsoka) to teach at the academy.

Apparently there is a food shortage to add to the problems.

Satine's nephew and some of his friends break into a warehouse to see if it really was empty, see the place has food in it, and get a picture of some guy in a a hooded cloak and some unmarked police with what looks like cell, but we see no sign it has any other function. Then one of the kids knocks over something that looks like a closed laptop, it hits the ground, there is a chase, and the kids get away.

The kids take the information to aunty Satine who then tells the kids to stay out of it, and that she will handle things. The kids seem to think Satine is just trying to brush the problem under the rug. So the kids contact Almec.

The kids show Ahsoka the holo-picture, and she uses a gizmo that looked a lot like the device the Pantoran chairman used to scan Greedo's blood to enhance the picture, and they then see Almec's face under the hood.

Almec tries to arrest every threat to him.

The kids get away.

Ahsoka turns the kids in pretending to think the kid and Satine are the bad guys.

They go to the prison, and the predictable happens.

Anikin picks up Ahsoka and makes a joke about her overthrowing a corrupt government with the help of some kids. The joke seemed to be referring to what happened in ep 4, 5, and 6 I think.

There was an automated in the prison that shot stun rings. It did seem to have a reasonable aim.

There seemed to be no recording devices in the cells.

It is stated that one can train to resist the Jedi mind trick, and that seems to be the truth.

Mith
Starship Captain

Post by Mith » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:06 pm

Lucky wrote:Season 3 Episode 3

Pantora is being blockaded by what appears to be one Trade Federation Lucrehulk-class ship. It seems the TF can blockade anyone they want as long as they claim the planet owes them money. The people of Pantora are starting to grow worried, and talk of leaving the Republic, and joining the CIS because of the TF's action, and thepromise to magically make the Trade fed leave by the CIS.

What I find outright funny isn't the fact that the blockade is clearly an attempt at forcing the hand of the Pantoraians (?) to joining the Seperatists, or the fact that this shit would be allowed to go on during wartime, or that the Trade Federation still holds any sort of power considering the last "legal" blockade they performed, or even the fact of how absurdly tilted such an organization existing is--it's the fact that the Trade Federation...which is clearly in some way part of the Republic, is able to legally sell weapons to the Republic's enemies.

The sheer levels of stupidity in that reasoning is so baffeling that it still amazes me. How the fuck are you able to convince someone to legally allow treason of the highest levels? It would be like a gun factory legally having the right to sell ammunition to the South during the American Civil War. Or for British gunmakers to legally sell weapons to the colonies during the American Revolutionary War.

And it's not like this is someone taking advantage of the government's good will during peacetime or anything like that. This guy literally said that he's sold weapons to the enemies of the Republic (even though he's clearly still part of the Republic) and he did so openly under the pretense of having a legal right.

I know I keep repeating myself...but DAMN THESE GUYS ARE FUCKING IDIOTS!

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:58 am

Mith wrote:
Lucky wrote:Season 3 Episode 3

What I find outright funny isn't the fact that the blockade is clearly an attempt at forcing the hand of the Pantoraians (?) to joining the Seperatists, or the fact that this shit would be allowed to go on during wartime, or that the Trade Federation still holds any sort of power considering the last "legal" blockade they performed, or even the fact of how absurdly tilted such an organization existing is--it's the fact that the Trade Federation...which is clearly in some way part of the Republic, is able to legally sell weapons to the Republic's enemies.

The sheer levels of stupidity in that reasoning is so baffeling that it still amazes me. How the fuck are you able to convince someone to legally allow treason of the highest levels? It would be like a gun factory legally having the right to sell ammunition to the South during the American Civil War. Or for British gunmakers to legally sell weapons to the colonies during the American Revolutionary War.

And it's not like this is someone taking advantage of the government's good will during peacetime or anything like that. This guy literally said that he's sold weapons to the enemies of the Republic (even though he's clearly still part of the Republic) and he did so openly under the pretense of having a legal right.

I know I keep repeating myself...but DAMN THESE GUYS ARE FUCKING IDIOTS!
It almost makes you wonder if they really are so stupid as to never dial up their guns. >_<

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:00 am

Season 3 Episode 6

Ahsoka has nightmares that Padme is going to be killed by an assassin, and sets about trying to prevent it after being told the future is not set in stone.

_____
As the episode progressed Aksoka's vision became clearer and more orderly, but never showed her the event in shall we say HD quality, and did not show the outcome.

Aurra Sing was able to hit Ahsoka with a blaster by firing two blasters very quickly similarly to how Jago Fett killed the jedi in the prequel, but Ahsoka was saved by a stun blast fired by Padme.
_____
Padme was shot in the shoulder by a blaster sniper rifle that appears to be the same model as the one used in Hostage Crisis in season 1, but seems fine perhaps days later at most seemingly fully healed. One would have expected for Aurra to have gone for overkill, but instead she went with might have killed Padme if she didn't get medical attention from the medical droid that Aurra had to know would be there.
_____
I liked they never showed how Aurra got in the building, but she was shown sneaking through the air ducts undetected.
_____
Is it just me, or does Aurra Sing have a metal antenna sticking out of her head in the Ep.?
_____
Forgot to put this in earlier.
The guards have what seem like radios in their helmets, and Padme tried unsuccessfully to use a radio and a droid as a double. The droid was dressed in a hooded cloak as it was done as a impromptu sort of thing.
Last edited by Lucky on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:01 pm

Aurra Sing was able to hit Ahsoka with a blaster by firing two blasters very quickly similarly to how Jago Fett killed the jedi in the prequel, but Ahsoka was saved by a stun blast fired by Padme.
If she was trying to kill Padme, then clearly SW sniper rifles are weak if one shot doesn't tear the target apart, like some modern rifles can do...

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:12 pm

No, no... clearly you don't undestand what this all means. Since SW sniper rifles output kiloton level firepower, it means that Pademe is made from neutronium! ;-)
-Mike

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:50 am

Praeothmin wrote: If she was trying to kill Padme, then clearly SW sniper rifles are weak if one shot doesn't tear the target apart, like some modern rifles can do...
Yeah but those are anti-material rifles, that are being used against people because they offer greater range. Not because we want to rip limbs off.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:31 am

Praeothmin wrote:
If she was trying to kill Padme, then clearly SW sniper rifles are weak if one shot doesn't tear the target apart, like some modern rifles can do...
We saw a similar rifle kill a guard with a head shot, and he had a helmet on in a different episode. It's rather odd.

Perhaps Padme had armor on under her clothing. She had reason to think there would be an attack, and we have seen clones take more then one shot before dyeing.

The real puzzle is why Padme was not hit in the head, or the center of her chest.