Hans von Hozel

For reviews and close examination of sources - episode reviews, book reviews, raves and rants about short stories, et cetera.
Khas
Starship Captain

Hans von Hozel

Post by Khas » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:22 pm

An author on FanFiction.net who has written 218 fanfics. All of them fall into the "So Bad It's Good" category. I know English isn't his first language, but why doesn't he just submit them in German?

Here are his fanfics for Star Trek and Star Wars. He has 216 more, all of identical quality.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: Hans von Hozel

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:22 pm

Ouch! That guy's stuff looks like it was simply run through Babelfish or some other over-literal translation program. But even still, my trying to make sense of it just makes my head hurt in the same way as trying to understand Jason's writing.
-Mike

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:37 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:But even still, my trying to make sense of it just makes my head hurt in the same way as trying to understand Jason's writing.
-Mike
As in Jason from ClubASVS, or someone else?

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:31 pm

Not Questor, aka Jason Miles, but the other Jason. The one who used to be here before he went to ASVS.
-Mike

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:30 pm

Khas wrote:An author on FanFiction.net who has written 218 fanfics. All of them fall into the "So Bad It's Good" category. I know English isn't his first language, but why doesn't he just submit them in German?

Here are his fanfics for Star Trek and Star Wars. He has 216 more, all of identical quality.
Actually, what I've read falls in the "It's so bad, the author should be shot" category... :)

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:45 pm

Here are his fanfics for Twilight, Titanic, House, Kung Fu Panda, Pokemon, and The Bible.

If only the Twilight and Pokemon ones actually happened...

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:43 pm

I rather like his use of "danube" as a verb (and as the past tense "danubed"), apparently meaning to flow like a river, as in the Bible story wherein the King James version would have something like "moving upon the face of the waters" or somesuch. "Danubing" is somehow more satisfying.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:37 pm

2046 wrote:I rather like his use of "danube" as a verb (and as the past tense "danubed"), apparently meaning to flow like a river, as in the Bible story wherein the King James version would have something like "moving upon the face of the waters" or somesuch. "Danubing" is somehow more satisfying.
And much more fun to say!

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:30 pm

And here's his SW/LOTR X-over, I mean, Eragon fanfic.