The Best, Worst, and Funniest Trek or Wars Crossover Fanfics

For reviews and close examination of sources - episode reviews, book reviews, raves and rants about short stories, et cetera.
Khas
Starship Captain

The Best, Worst, and Funniest Trek or Wars Crossover Fanfics

Post by Khas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:07 pm

This basically reviews the good, the bad, and the silly for fanfics you've read. I'll start.

The Good.

Drunken Hobbits and an Irishman by TrekQueen.
A LOTR/DS9 X-Over. There are few ST/LOTR crossovers out there, and even fewer good ones. So you can imagine I was surprised as hell to find this. Plot: Back when Worf was on the Enterprise, they found Middle-earth. Now on DS9, a starship heading from Middle-earth to Aman is found, and Worf is reunited with some of his elven friends. Bilbo has a blast in Quark's bar, Bashir and O'Brien challenge an elf-lord to darts, and Dax finds a bit of romance. But things turn sour when the Dominion shows up. And a surprising fact about the Founders is revealed.

What the hell is going on?/Stardrive Chronicles by Lord Maximus
nBSG/STXI crossover. Needless to say they were awesome. Plot: What if the Colonials had all but wiped out the Cylons? When the Enterprise finds several Basestars under attack from Cain, it retalliates, and nearly brings the Colonies to war against the Federation. Not that the Federation really has anything to worry about from the Colonials though...

The Bad

War by The Terran PikaGod.
If there wasn't a rule against MST3K-ing other people's fics on fanfiction.net, this would be on the top of my list. It was an ST:TNG/SC/Animorphs/Pokemon crossover. I knew it would be a disaster just by looking at what it was. (How could it NOT be if it had Pokemon in it, unless it was a parody, though?) I had NO idea it would be a K-T Asteroid disaster though. Plot: Ummmm, yeah. I think I'm going to have to get back to you on that one...

The Funny

Who Wants to Rule the Alpha Quadrant? by Jamie August.
A DS9/Who wants to be a Millionaire? crossover. Basically, Dukat, Damar, and Garak have to work as a team to answer questions for higher amounts of stuff in the AQ. Be amazed at the inanity.

Jar Jar and Warhammer 40,000 by Srelex.
Do I honestly need to explain the plot?

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: The Best, Worst, and Funniest Trek or Wars Crossover Fanfics

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:35 pm

I'd nominate "Stardestroyer Rampant" and "Second Contact" for the Ugly catagories.
-Mike

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:31 pm

Both are total wankfest of the worst kind... :)

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:49 pm

And varying degrees of poorly written as well. ;-)
-Mike

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:08 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:And varying degrees of poorly written as well. ;-)
-Mike
Speaking of badly written fan fiction, this thread inspired me to post another episode to the one I started here a while ago. Which means I need your help to make sure it achieves its requisite level of low quality. The associated debate thread has been bumped up with new questions to be answered.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:27 am

I saw that, and it's much appreciated.
-Mike