Would you want a 5th season of ST: Enterprise?

For reviews and close examination of sources - episode reviews, book reviews, raves and rants about short stories, et cetera.

Do you want a 5th season of ENT?

Yes
88%
No
13%

Total votes: 16

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Would you want a 5th season of ST: Enterprise?

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:10 am

The question is fairly simple.
You may talk about its plausibility, about what you think it should be like, if it should try to bridge ENT even more with TOS, or what the show could look like now that the new Trek movie is out, but the poll will be straightforward.

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:31 am

I'd love to have seen a fifth season... I was a heavy supporter of Enterprise.

l33telboi
Starship Captain

Post by l33telboi » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:13 am

Yes. The third and fourth seasons were great, and if the same people had stayed in charge I have no doubt the fifth would've done great as well.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:17 am

Hell yes! The fifth season would not only built up on the fantastic fourth season, continuing the storylines that would have continued to not only bridge the gap between TOS, but also made more of TAS canon.
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:42 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:Hell yes! The fifth season would not only built up on the fantastic fourth season, continuing the storylines that would have continued to not only bridge the gap between TOS, but also made more of TAS canon.
-Mike
Yeah, that's quite a thing there, I've seen some TAS material creep up in Memory Alpha.
I think they should introduce more Space Odyssey 2001 style ships. You know, the simple "dumb" primitive shapes glued together but masking tough power. However, doing so would probably be too much, unless they got some resources to expand on their shipyards since the NX-01's return...
The Terran side of the new alliance might have gotten a wake up call about the menaces being out there? It could surely speed things up, and perhaps even explain why they'd go for a quicker roll out, with simpler designs that would happen to shape their future style for most of the next century. On the same hand, there could not be a gazillion ships either.

Or at least in some episode, towards the end, they could present possible plans for some future TOS ships, some of which would be very close to what we'd see in the future, as some characters would also mention a great advance in structural integrity fields.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:07 am

Much of ST:ENT's fifth season had been plotted out. Among the tie-in storylines:

* The Mirror Universe story arc would have continued, following Empress Hoshi Sato's reign as the Empress of the Terran Empire.

* The Kzinti would have made an appearance, setting the stage for TAS' "The Slaver Weapon" episode. A ship was even designed.

* An episode involving how Hoshi develops the lingugacode translation maxtrix, which also would have featured Guinan in disguise making an appearance.

* Enterprise was due to revisit (actually previsit) the cloud city Stratos on Ardana showing the formation of the two castes seen in TOS' "The Cloud Minders".

* A story with Alice Krige as a Starfleet medical technician who makes contact with the Borg from Season 2 ("Regeneration") and becomes the Borg Queen.

Two VERY intriguing ideas I'am really pissed off about not getting pursued because of the series' cancellation are:

* T'Pol finding out that her father was a Romulan sleeper agent.

* The really big one would have been the first crossover for Star Trek and another franchise.... In a 2009 interview, Welsh writer/producer Russell T Davies, showrunner of the British series Doctor Who, said that he had considered doing a crossover between Doctor Who and Star Trek, but the latter was canceled before the idea could be pursued. The story would have involved the Doctor's ship, the TARDIS, landing on the Enterprise.

So there was much lost potential in the series being cancelled. :-(
-Mike

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:22 am

The ideas can be revisited whenever the series goes to tv again, but how would krige join with the regen borg and become the queen we see? They were blown up

As for Who, crossing universe barriers was said to be dangerous in Who. It would have to be something on the trek end.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:55 pm

GStone wrote: The ideas can be revisited whenever the series goes to tv again, but how would krige join with the regen borg and become the queen we see? They were blown up
Sadly, we'll never get to see the how and why behind that story, unless, like Star Trek Phase II, we get a whole outline/synopsis published somewhere.
GStone wrote:As for Who, crossing universe barriers was said to be dangerous in Who. It would have to be something on the trek end.
The only ability to cross inter-dimensional barriers exists with beings like the Tholians. It would have to be some sort of an accident or the like on the Doctor's side that propels the TARDIS in the Star Trek universe. Or the idea could be that the Doctor is chasing a villain like the Master or Daleks.
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:46 pm

Wow, the crossover episode would have been very courageous and, on the same hand, if done well, a very good selling point for this season.
I'm amazed someone actually came with such an idea. It's literally insanely... delighting.
Yet I hate crossovers for the fact they break the monoverse spirit (I hate AVP for example, I don't like Preds and Xenos in the same universe).

Was the SS Valiant addressed in ENT? That ship was supposedly 200 years old in TOS's 1st season.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:04 pm

Despite it's shortcomings I loved Enterprise and would love a 5th season if at all possible...

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:51 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote: Wow, the crossover episode would have been very courageous and, on the same hand, if done well, a very good selling point for this season.
I'm amazed someone actually came with such an idea. It's literally insanely....delighting.
I think a lot of this came from the staff and others knowing that there likely wouldn't be a second season, and they were just throwing anything out there because it wouldn't matter, but yet still hoping that they'd be wrong and there would be a 5th season.
Mr. Oragahn wrote:Was the SS Valiant addressed in ENT? That ship was supposedly 200 years old in TOS's 1st season.
No, it was not. The one thing that was done as a tie-in was mentioning in "Future Tense" that the mystery ship they encountered and it's dead pilot were possibly Zefram Cochrane's, which is a reference to what Cochrane told Kirk in "Metamorphosis" that he had gone off into deep space in a ship to die.
-Mike

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:35 pm

* The really big one would have been the first crossover for Star Trek and another franchise.... In a 2009 interview, Welsh writer/producer Russell T Davies, showrunner of the British series Doctor Who, said that he had considered doing a crossover between Doctor Who and Star Trek, but the latter was canceled before the idea could be pursued. The story would have involved the Doctor's ship, the TARDIS, landing on the Enterprise.
You simply do not say such awesome when it can not be obtained... You don't you don't you don't you don't you don't you don't you don't!

I'm going to go over here and curl up in a ball now....

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:02 am

Trinoya wrote:
You simply do not say such awesome when it can not be obtained... You don't you don't you don't you don't you don't you don't you don't!

I'm going to go over here and curl up in a ball now....
Fixed. :D

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:28 pm

Stop being accurate! They don't need to see the truth!

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:56 pm

^ LMAO :D.

Jokes aside the Xover idea would have been a terrific one and would have set a precedent for more of such ventures. Crossovers would have no longer being limited to fanfiction...