Troubles with Tribbles FX Reel

For reviews and close examination of sources - episode reviews, book reviews, raves and rants about short stories, et cetera.
Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Troubles with Tribbles FX Reel

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:04 am

Reel on YouTube showing the remasted version of TOS' "The Trouble with Tribbles" new FX:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEjTNJG9Unw

Although low resolution compared to the intended HDTV format, it still looks pretty good nonetheless, and even has some continuity with DS9's "Trials and Tribble-ations".
-Mike

Kazeite
Bridge Officer

Post by Kazeite » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:28 am

Indeed.

Kinda funny that in all interior scenes the Enterprise has just begun entering the window frame from the right :)

AnonymousRedShirtEnsign
Jedi Knight

Post by AnonymousRedShirtEnsign » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:50 am

I noticed that too. I would have liked to see the D-7 a few times and maybe nothing at all once or twice.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:40 pm

Kazeite wrote:Indeed.

Kinda funny that in all interior scenes the Enterprise has just begun entering the window frame from the right :)

Actually, I find it interesting since in many of the "Enterprise orbiting K-7" scenes, the ship is shown from the starboard coming on-screen left-to-right, whereas in the the office window it is the portside of the ship, and it is indeed coming from right-to-left in the window view. Nice touch.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:43 pm

AnonymousRedShirtEnsign wrote:I noticed that too. I would have liked to see the D-7 a few times and maybe nothing at all once or twice.
It would have also been nice to have a few good close-up shots of the D-7 similar to the ones in "Trials and Tribble-ations". Maybe they just didn't have the D-7 rendered sufficently for that...
-Mike