Hi

Please come in, grab a username, and introduce yourself.

Currently, account activation is set to administrator approval. Please e-mail webmaster@starfleetjedi.net to activate your account.
Hernalt
Candidate

Hi

Post by Hernalt » Fri May 13, 2016 3:09 am

Hello,

Completely new user to this forum. I've been in the market for a more quantitative Star Wars experience than offered on my original forum, theforce.net.

I was researching something and became absorbed by two old threads on this forum on the size of Death Star II. (And now I frankly forget what I had been researching.)

And - while reading the various materials seeking a superposition of solutions on what is the best expression of the Death Star II size, I noticed, while minding my own business, that the Death Star II had rotated slightly in a sequence of shots, because, as anyone should be able to see who has access to all screen shots, the terminator that originally (and photogenically) crossed the main weapons dish (think crater, astronomically speaking, and access Galileo's thought processes) now (when firing on one of the Mon Calamari ships) transitioned a few degrees eastward along the DSII's equator. That is to signify that the DSII had rotated a few degrees westward in a counterclockwise direction. Possibly to align its weapon on the Mon Cal.

Can anyone share their assessment of my claim?

And, Hi, again.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: Hi

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue May 17, 2016 7:23 pm

Welcome to the forum, Hernalt.

We have debated here much on the subject of the Death Star I & II sizes, and if you look through the archives here, you will find a great deal of discussion on it, including how Dr. Curtis Saxton may have misinterpreted a quote from Cinefex on the size so that he could arrive at a 900 km DS2.

I also recommend starting a thread in the Trek/Wars forum on the subject to get better feedback.
-Mike

Hernalt
Candidate

Post by Hernalt » Wed May 18, 2016 4:45 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:I also recommend starting a thread in the Trek/Wars forum on the subject to get better feedback.
-Mike
Some experience and advice on Community Standards would be useful. It appears to me there is no separation of SW from ST threads. Is that the case? What is the general idea of "Versus", [sic], with capital V? Star Trek Versus Star Wars? I don't think of the two properties as in competition. Is the prize some kind of claim to being the agency of human betterment? Or the laurels of a more moral escapism? I'm naive as to the stakes of this contest, if I understand the "Versus" correctly.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed May 18, 2016 9:07 pm

Generally no, there is no separate Trek or Wars forum here on SFJN. All topics relating to Trek or Wars tech are found in the Trek/Wars forum, except those that involve crossovers with other franchises.

Community standards? Simple enough. Be polite and reasonable, do not flame, do not troll, present your evidence, use sound logic not rhetoric, and be willing to entertain the idea that you might be wrong about something. More here if you need it.
-Mike

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Tue May 24, 2016 5:33 pm

Greetings!