Greetings!

Please come in, grab a username, and introduce yourself.

Currently, account activation is set to administrator approval. Please e-mail webmaster@starfleetjedi.net to activate your account.
Moff Tarquin
Bridge Officer

Greetings!

Post by Moff Tarquin » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:26 pm

Hail and well met, fellow denizens of the Starfleet Jedi forums! Allow me to introduce myself.

I've been interested in the Star Wars vs Star Trek debate for two years or so now. Several months ago, I tried to get involved in the debate over at the SDN forums under the name "Treknobabble," which in retrospect was a pretty big mistake. After seeing the new Star Wars movie, I got interested in the debate again, and stumbled upon a forum that was not only far friendlier, but also contained a wealth of data that would have been quite useful to me at SDN (not that anybody would have listened to it...). So here I am!

My username is a combination of "Moff Tarkin," the C.O. aboard the Death Star I, and "General Tarquin," a genre-savvy villain from the webcomic "Order of the Stick." It is the visage of the latter that I use as an avatar. I chose this username because, having had some time to think about my last attempt to get involved in the debate, I have come to appreciate the fact that we are dealing with fictional universes, ruled not by laws of physics, but by laws of narrative. Narratological considerations are all too often ignored in this debate - a thing that I hope to remedy.

Anyways, I still have some archive binging to do yet (and even when I'm done, I'll still need plenty of links to the juicy stuff ;D), but I just figured I'd let y'all know that there's some new blood here.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: Greetings!

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:40 pm

Welcome to the forum, Moff Tarquin!

Take your time with the archive dive or just jump right in on one of our recent topics, either is fine by us as we're fairly laid back here, and no one will harass you if you take a pro-Wars stance. Our only big issues are people who start flame wars as a deliberate troll here to piss folks off, throw out insults, or outright ignore evidence and arguments (go look up StarWarsStarTrek and KirkSkywalker to see that in action). Otherwise feel free to have fun, and also feel free to discuss topics other than ST vs SW.
-Mike

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:59 am

There are other topics?

Hernalt
Candidate

Post by Hernalt » Fri May 13, 2016 9:08 pm

test post