Hello

Please come in, grab a username, and introduce yourself.

Currently, account activation is set to administrator approval. Please e-mail webmaster@starfleetjedi.net to activate your account.
OmniBack
Padawan

Hello

Post by OmniBack » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:43 pm

Found this site on wiki.

I recognize some names from SB.com.

Glade to be here, but it doesn't seem very active.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:10 pm

Hi!
Glad you found it.
It's a very small community, but it gains in clarity and lack of... disturbances.

That said, threads still are very detailed.

What we probably lack right now is more people who know their stuff on particular shows, and who can provide their own perspective on certain subjects.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: Hello

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:09 pm

OmniBack wrote:Found this site on wiki.

I recognize some names from SB.com.

Glade to be here, but it doesn't seem very active.

Welcome to the forum, OmniBack! :-)

The forum can be more active, if you and other people are willing to participate. Scan through the various threads in the Trek/Wars forum, see what has been discussed, and try starting a new thread, or maybe reexamine an older topic. Feel free even to discuss subjects from SDN and SB.com as well.
-Mike

OmniBack
Padawan

Post by OmniBack » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:21 pm

How come more posters from SB don't join?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:40 pm

Possibly because most of them have all they want at SB.com, no?

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:58 am

I might also suggest that most of the people on SB haven't heard of SFJ.

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:51 pm

Hi thier Ommiback. Glad to see some new blood on the site.

Tony1970
Candidate

Hi

Post by Tony1970 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:39 am

Hi everyone,

I found a link to this Starfleet Jedi site over @ ST.com a little while ago, so I thought I'd come on over and see what the fuss is all about. What have I found? So far, posters with class and ability to use spell check, or a dictionary as well as people who don't resort to name calling or personal attacks if someone, heaven forbid states a differing opinion concerning their favorite sci-fi franchise.

I like to read the vs. debating going on @ ST.com , since in my home its split down the middle. I like Trek, my son likes Wars, and my fiance, well let's say she shakes her head when I try to discuss either. I've been reading the Trek/Wars threads here and everyone seems to know what they're talking about, and can toloerate different POV's.

My question is..if a thread I'm reading is a little older, say from Aug on back, when is it NOT okay to post something in a thread? I ask this before I do it and get in trouble lol.

Socar
Bridge Officer

Re: Hi

Post by Socar » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:46 am

Tony1970 wrote:Hi everyone
Hello there, and welcome!
Tony1970 wrote:My question is..if a thread I'm reading is a little older, say from Aug on back, when is it NOT okay to post something in a thread? I ask this before I do it and get in trouble lol.
If I may be so bold, I would say that we're a small enough group that as long as you add something relevant and generally interesting enough, I don't think there's any problem with resurrecting a thread, even an old one. I think even our most posted in section only goes back about 4 pages or so. However, also don't be afraid of starting a new thread altogether if you think it warrants it. I doubt anyone will jump on you either way. :)

Tony1970
Candidate

Re: Hi

Post by Tony1970 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:46 am

Socar wrote:
Tony1970 wrote:Hi everyone
Hello there, and welcome!

If I may be so bold, I would say that we're a small enough group that as long as you add something relevant and generally interesting enough, I don't think there's any problem with resurrecting a thread, even an old one. I think even our most posted in section only goes back about 4 pages or so. However, also don't be afraid of starting a new thread altogether if you think it warrants it. I doubt anyone will jump on you either way. :)
Thanks so much for the reply and answer!

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Welcome.
Have fun, debate politely, and don't take it all too seriously.

And remember, if your son doesn't agree with you, you can always ground him for a month... :)

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:59 pm

Welcome.
Have fun, debate politely, and don't take it all too seriously.

And remember, if your son doesn't agree with you, you can always ground him for a month... :)