What brought you here?

Please come in, grab a username, and introduce yourself.

Currently, account activation is set to administrator approval. Please e-mail webmaster@starfleetjedi.net to activate your account.

What brought you here?

I heard about it/was linked to it on an online discussion forum.
26%
This was linked to or talked about on a weblog.
26%
A link on a website (that wasn't a forum or blog page).
17%
I stumbled upon this while searching the internet.
17%
A friend told me about it.
No votes
Other
13%

Total votes: 23

User2005
Redshirt

Re: What brought you here?

Post by User2005 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:38 am

i found it on the internet, the discussion was about the power the enterprise-d could absorb with it's deflectors and evolved into a debate over the power the enterprise puts out; which reminded me of a next generation episode where geordy laforge quoted the enterprise power ran in the petawatt range, whether this was close to a petawatt or in dozens or hundreds of petawatts was not discussed. now i can't find which discussion this post was in so i'm just browsing the forums.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:12 pm

Welcome to the forum, Schonovic.

The episode I think you're refering to is "The Masterpiece Society" and that has Geordi claiming terawatt range (1-999 terawatts) power for the E-D's warp core. Data later on in "True Q" states a much higher power figure of 12.75 billion gigawatts (12.75 exawatts) of power. The "True Q" number is backed up by the later Star Trek: Voyager episodes "Revulsion", "One Small Step", "Fair Haven", and "Riddles" where power generation is given in the thousands to millions of terawatts or terajoules.
-Mike

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Re:

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:01 pm

After experiencing SDN i figured any place they considered a haven for fanboys and retards had to be ok so i joined...:).

User2954
Candidate

Post by User2954 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:44 pm

As a fan of both Star Wars & Trek philosophies it seem only logical, and the will of the force that I should arrive here!