Hello

Please come in, grab a username, and introduce yourself.

Currently, account activation is set to administrator approval. Please e-mail webmaster@starfleetjedi.net to activate your account.
General Donner
Bridge Officer

Hello

Post by General Donner » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:14 pm

I've been quasi-lurking around here for some time, and decided it's time I finally signed in. Hello, everyone!

General Donner
Bridge Officer

Re: Hello

Post by General Donner » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:36 pm

For the introduction ... Well, I've liked scifi since I grew out of the fantasy age (mostly), and I've taken some part in the VS debate subculture (nothing major, though). I like a broad range of authors, films, TV series, comics, RPGs, CRPGs, and even some manga/anime, so I suppose that's pretty diverse. The "major" universes I'm best familiar with are Star Trek, Stargate, WH40k, and SW (including EU).

(SW used to be my favorite before the prequels and especially the cartoon series. Now, I hate it and buy nothing new from the franchise.)

In real life, I'm European, but more American in my religion, politics, habits and general outlook. I have no college degrees in either astrophysics, military history, literary studies or whatever -- just a happy amateur with perhaps too much spare time on my hands.;) Hope I'll still be able to contribute something to the community ...

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:21 pm

You most likely will... :)

Welcome.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Howdy dude.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:39 am

holy shit, did that guy just say he's a european but that he thinks more like an american? dude, you realize people around you have access to the internet, right? aren't you going to be hanged or tossed out on your ass for such a statement?

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:53 pm

mojo wrote:holy shit, did that guy just say he's a european but that he thinks more like an american? dude, you realize people around you have access to the internet, right? aren't you going to be hanged or tossed out on your ass for such a statement?
That depends on what part of Europe really.

The worst possible thing he could have said was "I am English but more French in my religion, politics, habits and general outlook".

But if that was the case he would never have lived long enough in the first place.

WTF does "more American in my religion, politics, habits and general outlook" mean anyway?.

So going in order we have a TV evangelist (religion), corrupt (politics), overwieght (habits), warmongering redneck (general outlook) joining us..?.

Welcome to the board buddy you will fit right in!!..:D.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:22 am

General Donner wrote:For the introduction ... Well, I've liked scifi since I grew out of the fantasy age (mostly), and I've taken some part in the VS debate subculture (nothing major, though). I like a broad range of authors, films, TV series, comics, RPGs, CRPGs, and even some manga/anime, so I suppose that's pretty diverse. The "major" universes I'm best familiar with are Star Trek, Stargate, WH40k, and SW (including EU).

(SW used to be my favorite before the prequels and especially the cartoon series. Now, I hate it and buy nothing new from the franchise.)

In real life, I'm European, but more American in my religion, politics, habits and general outlook. I have no college degrees in either astrophysics, military history, literary studies or whatever -- just a happy amateur with perhaps too much spare time on my hands.;) Hope I'll still be able to contribute something to the community ...
A belated welcome to the forum. What forums or other venue did you get involved in the Versus debates on? I noticed in your discussion in the "Other Websites" section with Nowhereman that you seem to have a fairly extensive knowledge of the "Who's Who" of Versus-dom, so you may be being a bit too modest in your describing your level of participation.
-Mike

General Donner
Bridge Officer

Post by General Donner » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:23 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:A belated welcome to the forum. What forums or other venue did you get involved in the Versus debates on? I noticed in your discussion in the "Other Websites" section with Nowhereman that you seem to have a fairly extensive knowledge of the "Who's Who" of Versus-dom, so you may be being a bit too modest in your describing your level of participation.
-Mike
I've mostly just lurked around in the shadows at divers and sundry places, including the old ASVS group, though I got there only late. I've read much more than I've written, which is how I've picked up various odds and ends. My comparatively few original contributions were... Well, they could've been better, and usually were not well received -- which was in turn the reason for their scarcity. Of course, back then I was what you'd call a giant Warsie wanker, and even less scientifically literate than nowadays, so I more or less got what I deserved.

Anyways. Thanks for the welcome.:)

General Donner
Bridge Officer

Post by General Donner » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:31 pm

Kor_Dahar_Master wrote:But if that was the case he would never have lived long enough in the first place.

WTF does "more American in my religion, politics, habits and general outlook" mean anyway?.

So going in order we have a TV evangelist (religion), corrupt (politics), overwieght (habits), warmongering redneck (general outlook) joining us..?.

Welcome to the board buddy you will fit right in!!..:D.
I'm slightly underweight, actually, despite copious amounts of popcorn, chips, fastfood and otherwise stereotypically bad American-style eating habits. Good genes, I guess.. or else diabetes in the works.

Otherwise, your description fits me to a tee.;)

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:59 pm

General Donner wrote:
Mike DiCenso wrote:A belated welcome to the forum. What forums or other venue did you get involved in the Versus debates on? I noticed in your discussion in the "Other Websites" section with Nowhereman that you seem to have a fairly extensive knowledge of the "Who's Who" of Versus-dom, so you may be being a bit too modest in your describing your level of participation.
-Mike
I've mostly just lurked around in the shadows at divers and sundry places, including the old ASVS group, though I got there only late. I've read much more than I've written, which is how I've picked up various odds and ends. My comparatively few original contributions were... Well, they could've been better, and usually were not well received -- which was in turn the reason for their scarcity. Of course, back then I was what you'd call a giant Warsie wanker, and even less scientifically literate than nowadays, so I more or less got what I deserved.

Anyways. Thanks for the welcome.:)
You're welcome!

A 'giant Warsie wanker', eh? Did you always go by the nick 'General Donner'? Given how the Warsies operated back then and now, I'd have thought you'd be sung praises from on high for wanking up SW tech. But that's in the past as they say. I hope to see you contributing frequently here, especially if you are a reasoned debater, be it pro-Wars or Trek, or other.
-Mike

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:30 pm

a Warsie wanker eh? what converted you to the more moderate side of the farce my brotha? lol

belated welcome to the board I'm admiral Breetai author of really terrible fanfiction and occasionally decent posts hope you have a fun stay

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Oh come on, your fics aren't that bad. I mean, they're not like the works of Hans Von Hozel, or the dreadfully bad "War" (which was probably taken down).

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:19 am

Oh, hello Donner (yeah, I know, I'm late).

Starglider recently joined us btw.
Sounds Starwarsish to me. Good thing! We need more SW!

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:38 pm

Hello Donner.