Hello Everyone!

Please come in, grab a username, and introduce yourself.

Currently, account activation is set to administrator approval. Please e-mail webmaster@starfleetjedi.net to activate your account.
User1555
Bridge Officer

Hello Everyone!

Post by User1555 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:59 pm

Long time fan of Science Fiction here. I particularly enjoy Babylon 5 and The Original Series of Star Trek. Although I am a bit fond of the Original Trilogy Star Wars movies, the Prequel Trilogy, Expanded Universe, and certain elements of the fanbase has dampened my enthusiasm for the setting considerably. I enjoy a good science fiction debate from time to time, and poking around your forums, I have noticed that there is quite a bit of that going on here! Furthermore, it seems to be relatively free of some of the more unpleasant sorts I have encountered on other forums. It seems like the sort of place I might enjoy.

Khas
Starship Captain

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by Khas » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:05 am

Welcome! This is pretty much the most civil Star Trek-vs.-Star Wars site there is, so you won't find too much trouble here.

User1555
Bridge Officer

Post by User1555 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:45 am

Thanks for the welcome! I kinda stumbled across this website because I was curious what the general consensus was on how various sci-fi settings measure up to one another. I was rather disappointed with the first site I found (stardestroyer.net), and so far I am pleased with what seems to be a remarkably saner community!

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:01 am

Hehe, that's the same thing that happenned to me, only five years ago. Before discovering SDN, I was actually slightly Pro-Wars, but they left such a bad taste in my mouth that I ended up becoming Pro-Trek.