Newbie here

Please come in, grab a username, and introduce yourself.

Currently, account activation is set to administrator approval. Please e-mail webmaster@starfleetjedi.net to activate your account.
User1486
Redshirt

Newbie here

Post by User1486 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:22 pm

Hello there!

Just making this first post here to introduce myself. I am a 23 year old college student, who is a senior and in my final semester. I joined this forum because I do find trek vs wars discussion rather fun to talk about, if somewhat amusing at times. Also, from what I can tell on the net, there does seem to be a high degree of animosity between the two camps.

However, this board seems more sane and civilized than the others, so I thought I join this one. I hope to have a lot of fun on this BBS.

As for my position on who would win, I am at the moment uncertain about it. I used to think that Star Wars would win hands down, but then again the more I thought about it, the less impressive their weapons systems appeared (the only real weapons of mass destruction I've seen or read about are the Sun-Crusher and the Death Star, but they don't really seem to stockpile them; they are more like one time occurrences). So, I don't know who would win. I suppose it would depend on who they are up against within the Star Trek universe.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: Newbie here

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Welcome to the forum.
While there isn't the open animosity you can find on other boards here, the debates can still bring stiff rebuttals sometimes... :)

Who is like God arbour
Starship Captain

Post by Who is like God arbour » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:14 pm

It's good that you are not the marketing officer of this board.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:36 pm

Yeah, I heard truth and marketing don't work well together...

"Buy our product now, even though it doesn't work and is the biggest POS on this side of the galaxy!"

:-)

Who is like God arbour
Starship Captain

Post by Who is like God arbour » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:57 pm

Yeah, but there is the truth -
          • and then there are the things you do not have to mention as long as you are not asked.