Revisiting a classic

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Khas
Starship Captain

Revisiting a classic

Post by Khas » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:26 pm

So, a few years ago, there was a thread where the Galactic Empire, via portals, invaded the Star Trek, Stargate, and Babylon 5 Milky Way galaxies.

Now, we revisit that old topic, but... we use the new SW canon.

How does this go?

:P

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Re: Revisiting a classic

Post by sonofccn » Mon May 01, 2017 2:10 pm

With Disney cannon?

The Empire might hold its own against Babylon 5 if only because the Empire should still have shield technology which IIRC is something B5 badly lacks.

But short of clinging to the ROTS "vaporize a small town" quote the Federation from anytime after the 22nd century could likely steamroll the Empire's invasion fleet.

As for Stargate...at this point I'd question if the entire Imperial starfleet could handle a solitary Ha'tak let alone the hundreds the combined System Lords would have at their disposal.

-Respectfully, Sonofccn

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu May 04, 2017 4:17 am

I'm afraid I have to agree with sonofccn here. The Galactic Empire gets curbstomped badly with regards to its conventional forces anywhere, except the B5 verse. Only superweapons, like the Death Stars, and magical powers from the Force give them any hope at all. Thanks to Disney, most of the scenarios would read like Graham Kennedy's old Portal fanfic from 17 years ago.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat May 13, 2017 8:44 pm

Moving this to Other analysis, crossovers, and debates since this goes beyond the scope of Trek vs Wars.
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon May 15, 2017 11:12 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:I'm afraid I have to agree with sonofccn here. The Galactic Empire gets curbstomped badly with regards to its conventional forces anywhere, except the B5 verse. Only superweapons, like the Death Stars, and magical powers from the Force give them any hope at all. Thanks to Disney, most of the scenarios would read like Graham Kennedy's old Portal fanfic from 17 years ago.
-Mike
I'd agree too, but with only one caveat. The Empire is large enough to rely on its momentum to eventually research into the tech of its enemies and perhaps develop geopolitical ties with certain powers.
Now, if it's an all out war with what they possess and nothing else, I don't think time would even save them.

SW got hit by the nerf hammer so hard that even nBSG's Cylons or Colonials could hold their own against the Empire if they had greater numbers. Especially the Colonials, whose heavier warships were capable of surviving nuclear hits from 50 KT for a decomissioned ship like Galactica lacking large amounts of her original armour and weapons, to megaton-level nukes iirc for a fully operational Pegasus, the biggest ship of the Colonial Fleet.

I think SW could easily win against Farscape too, the later haven't demonstrated impressive levels of firepower, nor large fleets either.

B5 may not have much in terms of shields, except for the some of Old Ones, but they have lots of firepower on their side and very good firing ranges for heavy warships.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:37 am

B5 has gravitic shielding, or at least Minbari and Centuari do, though the GE should actually be able to kick the tar out of the Minbari. It was said by JMS that during the war with earth, their economy was redlining, their infrastructure was spazzing and their supply lines and logistics were collapsing because much as they in theory prepared to fight the shadows, they apparently weren't ready in any way to fight an enemy alone, without help out of their comfort zone. The Empire should just bury them in bodies and once they simply can't fight on a war footing outside of their territory any more, make the drive in ward.

They'd take stupid losses but they should be able to do.

The Centauri and humans and Dilgar if they were still around would do a lot better and Vorchans with their ion cannons are gonna be hell for SD's and SSD's