Xindi & Sulibahn vs. Cylons & 12 Colonies

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
l33telboi
Starship Captain

Xindi & Sulibahn vs. Cylons & 12 Colonies

Post by l33telboi » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:17 pm

Rejoice! For today i have a neat little scenario for you. Due to ploth4x, the following things have happened in the nBSG and ENT galaxy (which are one and the same for this scenario). The Cylons have allied with the 12 Colonies instead of going to war with them. The Xindi and the Sulibahn have allied with each other and declared war with the Cylon/Human alliance.

Further notes:
- The Xindi are not currently aided by the spherebuilders, but they have managed to complete one planet-buster.
- The Sulibahn are not receiving orders from the futureguy and don't get intel from him.

The goal for both parties is to destroy the other side, complete extermination, as it were.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:53 pm

Cool.

A few things I know for sure.
  1. I know nothing about the Sulivahns.
  2. I know near to nothing about the Xindi.
  3. The planet buster weapon is fast. It comes at FTL in orbit of a planet, fires the beam for two dozens of seconds and voila.
  4. BSG75 fighters are often underestimated.
Do BSG75 fighters have access to nuclear ordinance?

If those Trek ships have shields and can take repeated shots in the high kiloton range, low megaton range, then BSG75 may be in deep deep trouble.

l33telboi
Starship Captain

Post by l33telboi » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:02 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Do BSG75 fighters have access to nuclear ordinance?
I'm not sure about the fighters, i can't say i recall them ever having such, and by the security precausions and protocoll the Pegasus displayed in "Razor" when it was about to fire a ship-to-ship nuke, i'd say they probably leave nukes for the bigger ships.

However, the Cylons do have nukes carried on fighters, 50kt nukes IIRC, but they seem to be used only on high-profile missions. Might be scarce, or something.
If those Trek ships have shields and can take repeated shots in the high kiloton range, low megaton range, then BSG75 may be in deep deep trouble.
The phase-cannons have been stated to be 500 gigajoules per shot, however, they might've upgraded these to a 5 terajoule weapons given how the episode where the figure was mentioned in ends (this would at least mesh quite nicely with the asteroid scene in "Singularity").

Photonic torpedoes are most likely in the double digit megaton range, given Reed's statement about them putting 3km craters in asteroids.

The Xindi vessels can take these phase-cannons blasts, but Sulibahn, i'm not so sure about, seeing as how they rely on mutliple smaller cell-ships (about fighter sized) to do their work.

Honestly, it's been to long since i've seen the appropriate episodes to be able to comment with any certainty.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:16 pm

Those number would be extremely low numbers given how the Klingons of the 22nd century, never mind the Xindi or most anyone else, considered the phase canons of the NX-01 to be "low-yeild particle canons". Only the NX-01's photonic torpedoes seemed to really allow for any kind of hope of parity in battle.
-Mike