Time Lords versus ICS Galactic Empire

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Narsil
Jedi Knight

Time Lords versus ICS Galactic Empire

Post by Narsil » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 pm

Now, all Time Lord resources (Gallifrey, mostly) are put somewhere in the Rishi Maze and are given the task of defeating the Galactic Empire. One of the conditions is that the Time Lords must manage this task without resorting to the use of travelling through time (though small-scale time manipulation such as slowing down time and using the time vortext as a method of space travel is still allowed).

Which makes it a hell of a lot more of a task seeing as all of the Time Lord resources are contained on a single planet, rather than stretched across a whole galaxy as the Empire is.

Who wins?

Estrecca
Padawan

Post by Estrecca » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:33 am

The Time Lords with ludicrous ease. Do you remember the part about the Doctor ending the Time War with something that destroyed both Gallifrey and a ten-million ship Dalek fleet? Nuff said. The Time Lords still beat the crap out of any SW incarnation without even trying.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:14 pm

I reckon finding a vs scenario is really an art, but... Narsil... yours are just meant for sheer curbstompness.

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:48 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:I reckon finding a vs scenario is really an art, but... Narsil... yours are just meant for sheer curbstompness.
I'm really just being fair here. I've stomped on Trek once or twice so I figured Wars needed stomping at least once.

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:46 pm

Actually, I'd find something else more interesting. Instead of all the Time Lords without time travelling, I'd be interested in seeing what would happen with a single time lord, who, during a time traveling incident, found themself somewhere in the Wars galaxy, having crossed some interdimensional 'crack' or whatever. It's the time of the Empire and some how, some way, Palpatine finds out about him. Like he senses something with the Force and knows the time lord is there. The thing is, the time lord also knows that they are being chased after, too. Blame it on the TL being able to see all of time at once and this thing just popped to the forefront of their head.

Can the time lord beat Palpatine and the Empire with none of their technology (including a TARDIS) and just their brain?

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:48 pm

Considering that Time Lords have none-too-shabby psychic prowess themselves, I should say that they would do absolutely fine against Palpatine; they have shown (on occasion) telekinesis [War Games, Last of the Time Lords], telepathy [too numerous to mention], precognition [the Deadly Assassin, TV Movie], chronokinesis [the End of the World] and some other skills.

EDIT: And the Doctor has handled big foes without a TARDIS before; in The Impossible Planet and Rise of the Cybermen

Hell, he doesn't really use his TARDIS much except just for getting there in the first place.

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:47 pm

Nice to see a curbstomp that isn't about the Federation. Nice one Narsil.

I say the Empire loses badly and quickly