Halo: the Human - Forerunner War

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Halo: the Human - Forerunner War

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:28 pm

Halo 4 Terminals.

Huh, aside from borrowing more and more from Stargate (especially Atlantis as far as Forerunners go), I'm hardly convinced of the plot excuse served to the audience as to why the Humans fought against the Forerunners.

"If we warn [the Forerunners], we give the Flood time to spread."

Like sending one message to explain what's about to happen wouldn't suffice.
Like also sending a complete detailed description of the Flood to the Forerunners wouldn't explain a lot about what was going to happen within the next minutes.
Humans were not portrayed as asinine exclusivist fundies like the Covenant. They clearly had the opportunity about warning the Forerunners and even considered this option.
The Flood were on a planet. About to be torched. How far would they go if they hadn't already fled this world, really?
The Forerunners surely would have known about the presence of the parasite too, how could they not? Yet it seems they knew nothing.
Because we're told that the humans, perhaps ruthless in their ways to conquer worlds against the Forerunners, were doing so because they also were battling the Flood, which the Forerunners didn't know.

This seems to be a terrible narrative cop out.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: Halo: the Human - Forerunner War

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:06 pm

Wait, did the Didact really go to prehistoric Earth to scoop humans for extra biomass to build new troops?

After this process, there still were humans on this planet, otherwise we woudln't be there, would we? Not all of them were taken, enough numbers would have been left for sane reproduction.
So how many were assimilated for building more troops? (more Prometheans I think, shock troops of some sosrt which Master Chief manages to kill in droves in Halo 4 anyway, not so impressive).

I don't get the difference of scales. On one side they have a massive automated infrastructure that can build huge halos and they also have an artificial world which was composed to a great extent of battle drones (and hardly the most advanced if we go by the books), yet Didy couldn't supergrow troops and literally had to cull humans on Earth, at a time when they probably numbered in the peanuts range, more or less?
But he believed that this bonus battle force would give him the upper hand against the Flood? A Flood which was large enough to have already formed a potent Gravemind.

Did I miss something?