What's so bad about Deathwalker's Universal Anti-agapic

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Lucky
Jedi Master

What's so bad about Deathwalker's Universal Anti-agapic

Post by Lucky » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:24 am

Franchise: Babylon 5 Series: Babylon 5 Season: 1 Episode: 9 Title: Deathwalker wrote:
Sinclair: If you were Jha'dur, you'd be much older.

Jha'dur: The answer is in this vial. The result of a lifetime of research and experimentation. My research. A universal anti-agapic.

Sinclair: I'm not familiar with the term.

Jha'dur: It retards the aging process and prevents disease. It's unstable and difficult to produce in sufficient quantity, but it works. As you can see. No fear of aging or sickness. That's Virtual immortality, the ultimate triumph of life. The secret is mine, Sinclair, and with the help of Earth I will bring it to all the worlds of this galaxy before the year is out.
Jha'dur: The key ingredient in the anti-agapic cannot be synthesized. It must be taken from living beings. For one to live forever, another one must die.
Kosh: You are not ready for immortality.

What's so bad about Deathwalker's Universal Anti-agapic in and of itself? People kill animals for food all the time.

SpacePaladin
Padawan

Re: What's so bad about Deathwalker's Universal Anti-agapic

Post by SpacePaladin » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:27 am

Lucky wrote:
Franchise: Babylon 5 Series: Babylon 5 Season: 1 Episode: 9 Title: Deathwalker wrote:
Sinclair: If you were Jha'dur, you'd be much older.

Jha'dur: The answer is in this vial. The result of a lifetime of research and experimentation. My research. A universal anti-agapic.

Sinclair: I'm not familiar with the term.

Jha'dur: It retards the aging process and prevents disease. It's unstable and difficult to produce in sufficient quantity, but it works. As you can see. No fear of aging or sickness. That's Virtual immortality, the ultimate triumph of life. The secret is mine, Sinclair, and with the help of Earth I will bring it to all the worlds of this galaxy before the year is out.
Jha'dur: The key ingredient in the anti-agapic cannot be synthesized. It must be taken from living beings. For one to live forever, another one must die.
Kosh: You are not ready for immortality.

What's so bad about Deathwalker's Universal Anti-agapic in and of itself? People kill animals for food all the time.
I'm pretty sure from the context meant that it had to be extracted from sapient beings. Deathwalker isn't giving a detailed description of its composition, she's gloating about how she's going to set everyone at each other's throats and plunge the galaxy into mayhem.

Edit: On a side note: Fuck you Kosh. You got to be born with immortality.