Five-Way Battle of Wits

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Khas
Starship Captain

Five-Way Battle of Wits

Post by Khas » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:32 am

For reasons unfathomable, five Magnificent Bastards must duke it out, using only their wits. Each one will try to topple the other four, again, using only their wits, while establishing themselves as ruler of the world.

The contestants:

Elim Garak (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)

Gendo Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

Kane (Command & Conquer)

Lex Luthor (DC Universe)

David Xanatos (Gargoyles)

Who wins?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: Five-Way Battle of Wits

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:03 pm

Those I know, I tend to see them as ruthless, but here it's all a contest in who speaks the best and outmaches the other. I'm not sure out one can sort this out.
Must they present what they have achieved in their own respective universes, which would allow them to prove how they're the best suited for Ruler of the World title?

Kane's gone far but he used a huge army, and are we sure of how he went up the whole hierarchy? What's money when he can wreck an economy by merely moving his forces around, or bomb a data center where heaps of currencies where exchanged?

Lex Luthor... is he that witty? He's a extremely successful business man with an obsession and he knows his topic by heart, but where does that bring him? He could prove that he can win a country without tanks? What would he need to do to move from super capitalist to supreme ruler?

Elim Gerak... okay, he's cunning, a master in the words he picks, but remained stuck in shadowy plots, pushing important parameters at the right time, but he wasn't the man power behind a massive political, economical or military machine. He seldom occupied an extremely influential position that was akin to that of an emperor, with all the implied public exposure.

Gendoh Ikari is a bit out of bounds for me because of hazy memories. He's extremely efficient and dangerous, but within his own singular context. No doubt that his skills would apply about anywhere, but part of his position of power largely stems from his research in NERV. As a pure politician in a typical western world setting, I wouldn't say he could buy the plebe's love any time soon.

Can't speak much about Xanatos.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: Five-Way Battle of Wits

Post by Praeothmin » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:33 pm

I would go with Garak, if only because he is a ruthless as the others when need be, and everyone always seem to underestimate him... :)