UAC VS UNSC

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Lucky
Jedi Master

UAC VS UNSC

Post by Lucky » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:29 am

UAC(Doom 3)
VS
UNSC(Halo)

Scenario 1
Ground forces VS ground forces

Scenario 2
Scientists VS Scientists
Who has the best tech

Scenario 3
The soldiers replace each other

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: UAC VS UNSC

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:30 pm

Scenario#2
Doom3's tech seemed good enough, but necessarily good everywhere.
In terms of AI, I can't remember anything spectacular but the fact is that it's utterly absent, perhaps only hidden in plot details or else, can't remember. Maybe the extension pack had more content on that side.
The UNSC is clearly very advanced on the AI side.
Weapon wise, I think I'd go with the UAC. They had plasma weapons and the BFG was a very advanced system. In comparison, the UNSC was totally baffled by the use of plasma weapon by its enemies.
The Mjolnir suits were impressive though, especially the shields that we don't see on the UAC's side, although I think I've read that it was somewhat retroengineered from stuff the UNSC had collected before... ?
The UAC had a good head start in the wormhole science, it just happens that the guys found out that the tunnels they could create lead to or passed through something one would easily call Hell.
Both sides seem to have a very, very low use of metamaterials, if none.