The Hunt Begins

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Khas
Starship Captain

The Hunt Begins

Post by Khas » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:34 pm

Congratulations! You've just been given a gun that can permanently kill the Slender Man, and you've been sent out to kill him. So has each of the members of your team? And who are your teammates? Well...

Two characters from "A New Terror"
Two characters from "The Long Journey"
Two characters from "The Tides of History"
Two characters from "Fluid Power Evangelion"

Now, you choose which two characters from each universe go with you? Who do you pick? And can your team finish off Slendy?

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Re: The Hunt Begins

Post by sonofccn » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:03 am

So if I understand you I get to pick two people from each universe correct? Okay my picks:

A New Terror:

1. SubCommander Mallus S. Tyler-

Possesses reasonable to decent combat skills, fairly level headed with a solid strategic mind and grasp of the "big picture". In addition is well versed and experienced in running and operating within clandestine and black op missions thanks to his service to the ISB. Further under Admiral {Censored} he performed missions not too dissimilar to the current undertaking giving him some leg up over his squadmates.

2. Valor squad Sergeant "Gunny"-

While "merely" a lowly NCO "Gunny" is an accomplished, dedicated soldier to the Empire and veteran of the Clone Wars who straddles protecting his men and seeing the mission accomplished and who isn't afraid to stick it straight in when the chips fall. Posses good to excellent combat skills and formidable endurance capable of sustaining injuries which would incapacitate lesser individuals.

The Long Journey:

1. James "The Mysterious Stranger" Reynolds-

Hands down the easiest choice. With his phenomenal combat skills and speed poses the best chance of any one on accomplishing the mission single handedly. On top of which he is a cool, level headed leader and commander.

2. Alexander "the oft defeated" Toombs-

Because I find it bloody awesome when he fails miserably.

The Tides of History:

1. Darth Vader-

A fearsome warrior strong in the force and veteran soldier/General of the Clone Wars Vader, simply put, adds a whole lot of "Feth you" to whatever task force he's put on. In addition the augmentation of, I believe, Dominion medical technology has only made the Sith Lord that much more powerful.

2. Grand Admiral "The Ram" Thanagar-

Meaner than a Krayt Dragon and as tough as a Son of Soth Thejas. He also once shattered a Dominion planet just to harvest it for construction material.

Fluid Power Evangelion:

1. Rei Ayanami-

She scares me. I don't know what the hell she is but its best to have her on my side than not.

2. Donny Rembrandt-

We're going to need bait/sacrificial lamb and who knows his blind, idiot luck may prove beneficial.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:51 pm

You have every right to be scared of Rei. Apparently, I succeeded where Hideaki Anno (the creator of Evangelion) failed. I made Rei super-unnerving. Huh.

BTW, here's Rei's normal theme music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLbDNFbw10A

Here's her "let's get dangerous" theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlL2Soci6eY

On a lighter note, why do I now see Toombs and Donny having epic adventures together?

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:39 pm

On a lighter note, why do I now see Toombs and Donny having epic adventures together?
Because it is super awesome, maybe? :)

On a, slightly, more serious note what would your choices for a team be?

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:45 pm

My ideal choices for A Slender-Man killing team:

A New Terror:
Mallus Tyler
"Gunny"

The Long Journey:
James Reynolds
Richard B. Riddick

The Tides of History:
Darth Vader
Im'pec the Silver Handed

Fluid Power Evangelion:
Misato Katsuragi (already showed herself to be able to hold her own in a firefight, even when partially drunk)
Gabriel Angelos (due to, you know, the whole space marine thing)

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:32 am

sonofccn wrote:So if I understand you I get to pick two people from each universe correct? Okay my picks:

A New Terror:

1. SubCommander Mallus S. Tyler-

Possesses reasonable to decent combat skills, fairly level headed with a solid strategic mind and grasp of the "big picture". In addition is well versed and experienced in running and operating within clandestine and black op missions thanks to his service to the ISB. Further under Admiral {Censored} he performed missions not too dissimilar to the current undertaking giving him some leg up over his squadmates.

2. Valor squad Sergeant "Gunny"-

While "merely" a lowly NCO "Gunny" is an accomplished, dedicated soldier to the Empire and veteran of the Clone Wars who straddles protecting his men and seeing the mission accomplished and who isn't afraid to stick it straight in when the chips fall. Posses good to excellent combat skills and formidable endurance capable of sustaining injuries which would incapacitate lesser individuals.

The Long Journey:

1. James "The Mysterious Stranger" Reynolds-

Hands down the easiest choice. With his phenomenal combat skills and speed poses the best chance of any one on accomplishing the mission single handedly. On top of which he is a cool, level headed leader and commander.

2. Alexander "the oft defeated" Toombs-

Because I find it bloody awesome when he fails miserably.

The Tides of History:

1. Darth Vader-

A fearsome warrior strong in the force and veteran soldier/General of the Clone Wars Vader, simply put, adds a whole lot of "Feth you" to whatever task force he's put on. In addition the augmentation of, I believe, Dominion medical technology has only made the Sith Lord that much more powerful.

2. Grand Admiral "The Ram" Thanagar-

Meaner than a Krayt Dragon and as tough as a Son of Soth Thejas. He also once shattered a Dominion planet just to harvest it for construction material.

Fluid Power Evangelion:

1. Rei Ayanami-

She scares me. I don't know what the hell she is but its best to have her on my side than not.

2. Donny Rembrandt-

We're going to need bait/sacrificial lamb and who knows his blind, idiot luck may prove beneficial.
Good choices, although I would replace Thoombs with Riddick for added fun...

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:33 am

Khas wrote:My ideal choices for A Slender-Man killing team:

A New Terror:
Mallus Tyler
"Gunny"

The Long Journey:
James Reynolds
Richard B. Riddick

The Tides of History:
Darth Vader
Im'pec the Silver Handed

Fluid Power Evangelion:
Misato Katsuragi (already showed herself to be able to hold her own in a firefight, even when partially drunk)
Gabriel Angelos (due to, you know, the whole space marine thing)
Great choices!

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:51 pm

Well I need to get back into my characters mindset any way but.

It had been stalking its most recent of victims, now close to sixteen years old each. Oh it had feasted before, it had feasted countless times in the last fifteen and a half years. The third world and its myriad of urban legends and lost people, allowed it plenty of breathing room to operate without attracting too much attention to itself unless it wanted it. These though? The pair was special, they were its chosen, one of two dozen pairs picked every two generations. Followed from birth, marked a shadow ever creeping along the edge of their dreams, the edge of the dreams of their friends and their parents. It cultivated them, like precious crops, beautiful flowers that were given the right amount of love, of loss and of fear. Their memories and experiences guided and shaped by a faceless, timeless horror that was limited only by the fact that its victims needed to feel complete and utter despair before the end, and that they needed to spread its name.

Names of which it had, had many, across thousands of realities and countless eons. It always stalked dreams and dreams made real, perhaps it was a dream made real once eons before it learned how to empower itself.

This particular crop was going to be delectable and they had harnessed the power of this worlds primitive communications, their "social media" to spreads its existence and its name, its new name all over their world. Into the thoughts and minds of countless fodder.

It was a celebrity now it thought and laughed if it could be called laughing and not an unnatural whistle in a cold wind. It hadn't been a celebrity since those idiot bug life forms worshipped it as "Ictulto" or some nonsense name they clicked away in a language it had found utterly revolting to hear. His mind wandered back to his first "victims" in the modern world, and thought about the horrible novels they wrote and wondered by which of the two names would this world remember him by. He preferred the suit and tie and facelessness to the form of nothing more than a gigantic scum eater, one he had learned from memories stolen tasted very good breaded and fried.

It made a mental note to possess someone later and find out exactly how it tasted for itself. It's attention drew back to his new victims, two star crossed lovers friends from childhood who had faced his horror together. Slenderman as they now called it, had never felt such ferocity of hope before and anticipated that the fall, when they realized they hadn't in fact killed it but only delayed the inevitable would fuel him for ages untold and produce something akin to a drug high.

It waited, they kissed they held each other, made all kinds of promises and oaths of eternal bondage to each other and seemed to have a look of utter peace and joy on their faces.

Which made for the perfect moment, and the moment when he finally began to move from the shadows of their closet. The boy saw it first and held his beloved tight, the sense of loss of pointlessness, the utter futility radiated off them to where Slenderman could almost feel it.

The girl gasped a little bit and held her man close and her reaction was comparable to Slendermans own. Complete and utter confusion and befuddlement as it gazed at what it could only claim was some mountainous abomination, a gigantic monolith of a being that towered over him, a great beard draped down a mighty stomach that could barely be contained within a suit of armor made of technology beyond this world and much of the galaxy at this time.

The creature laughed. It laughed!!

immediately it recognized it..of course! The Mongrel Klingons! Disgust registered in its mind, those god killing blasphemers made for impossible meals and..and it recalled that a powerful set of beings guarded that reality..had they sent tit here?

Slenderman stepped forward and tendrils flew out towards the giant who stepped over the kneeling teenagers and with a silver hand drew a mighty sword blacker than its own darkness and deflected many of his tendrils and burned its "flesh" (cursed T'kon weaponry! it thought) while others tore through the armor ignoring it and found flesh.

A deeper, more maniacal laughter filled the room and a look beamed in the Klingon giants eyes, almost as if he was deriving demented schadenfreude from this entire affair. "Fool, Im'pec Silver handed is not your opponent today". It wasn't certain why it felt a sudden cool twinge down what constituted its "spine" until it turned around. Another giant stood behind him, cloaked in black imposing armor, standing as a dark tower matching the height of the Slenderman. It radiated power but unlike the other giant, this was the power of regret, of sorrow, of hatred and of rage, of shame and of oblivion. Slenderman smiled oh this was rich! This one was bursting with sustenance, Slenderman would take the dark warrior, he would rape it, and in doing so rape the very force itself, and pull sustenance from the dark side, gorging itself and return to prominence again! Tendrils wrapped around Lord Vader as Slenderman began to loom ever closer to Vader seemingly merging with him, pulling him in.

it was then that Slenderman noticed the other giant who was carrying off its other meal, the girl seemed to smile at him..a type of smile it would smile if it had lips to smile before it ended the existence of some miserable lower life form..Had she gone mad with grief? His question was answered when the darkness surging into him began to sate him..but then wouldn't stop. The creature balked, impossible! No one held this much pain! This much regret! This much stubborn nobility, and destructive anger! the Jealousy and fury, the insecurity of a slave in an ivory tower. The sense of admiration for a great master of the sword and the deep, poisonous resentment when one you looked up too, looked down at you. The joy of giving in, the rage of battle, the searing pain of being maimed and burned by one you loved, the loss of family and self. Slavery, destitution..and the thrill of a worthy foe.

it writhed choking, gasping it demanded Vader stop, if it could. A gloved hand rose and an invisible force began to pull it closer. "No, no it is not done, you do not know true fear" there was a pause "yet"

When an impossible bullet from a roof near its victims house, tore through its skull to end its existence it was a relief.