Deathmatch: Worf Vs Ork

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
sonofccn
Starship Captain

Deathmatch: Worf Vs Ork

Post by sonofccn » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:55 pm

A straightforward if admittedly not imaginative paring we find Worf with a Bat'leth is pitted against a generic Ork armed with a "typical" Choppa. The fight takes place within a Romanesque Coliseum and is to the death no quarter or mercy allowed.

Who wins?

Bonus scenario: Chewbacca with a Ryyk blade is forcesubed in place of Worf in the above scenario. Does Chewie do better or worse than the Son of Mogh?

For the above some, rough, description of the resiliency of the combatants.

For the nameless Ork "Boy" quoting from myself:
Old Sonofccn wrote:Further I found these examples of Ork durability from the Cain book duty calls, as found in Defender of the Imperium Omnibus.
page 76 wrote:with relief I saw our las boltsimpacting on the torsos of those monstrous assailants, blowing cauterised craters through the dull brown clothing they wore...and the dense flesh beneath. To my horror, the wounds, which would have dropped a human, barely slowed them...
Note the ommision above concerned an asid by Cain regarding how the Orks' brown clothing caused them to blend and blur with thier background making them appear to "flicker".
page 76-77 wrote:..firing four or five las bolts from the pistol in my other hand into the creatures exposed belly. To my relief, it staggered back, momentarily blockimg the rush of its fellow, which reacted in what I was soon to realise was the typical manner of all its kind. Without hesitation it smashed its own blade down into the skull of its comrade...with a roar, which left my already abused ears ringing, the ork whose comrade had so casually struck t down charged at me,swinging its cleaver again. Unbelievably, the head wound, which would have proved fatal to a man had, it seemed, barely stunned it, and the belly wounds I inflicted hardly slowed it down
note the above refers to a second pair of Orks whom snuck around while Cain and Jurgen was distracted by the first pair.
page 77 wrote:Caught in the blizzard of las bolts, the two greenskins staggered at last, dropping to the sands and rolling down the side of the dune to leak out the last of their lives in what I expected to be no more than a moment or two of feeble twitching. To my astonishment, however, they began crawling towards us, the lust for bloodshed still burning in their eyes, until a couple of more carefully placed shots from my imperturbable aid blew their heads apart like overripe melons
note these would be the original pair of Orks which Jurgen dispatches while cain was other indisposed with the second pair.
[/quote]

For Worf quoting from Ethics {TNG-05}:
RUSSELL: Overdesigned. Klingon anatomy. Twenty three ribs, two livers, eight-chambered heart, double-lined neural pia mater. I've never seen so many unnecessary redundancies in one body.
CRUSHER: Unnecessary? The Klingons refer to it as the brak'lul. Almost every vital function in their bodies has a built-in redundancy in case any primary organ or system fails.
As for Chewbacca I'm afraid I don't have anything. Hopefully one of the more Star Wars minded members can offer an idea of just what it takes to kill a Wookiee.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Re: Deathmatch: Worf Vs Ork

Post by Lucky » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:06 pm

Through sheer grit and determination Worf impresses the orks so much that he ascends to full warp god status and things improve greatly in Warhammer 40,000 as Worf worship spreads.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:19 am

Worf puts up, or tries to put up, a good fight, but dies quickly...

Chewie performs even worse...

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:17 pm

Lucky wrote:Through sheer grit and determination Worf impresses the orks so much that he ascends to full warp god status and things improve greatly in Warhammer 40,000 as Worf worship spreads.
Cute ;)
Thanks for the smile, Lucky.
Praeothmin wrote:Worf puts up, or tries to put up, a good fight, but dies quickly...

Chewie performs even worse...
Fair enough. Out of curosity would replacing Worf with another Klingon, say General Martok, make a difference or are Klingons just that outclassed?

Enterprise E
Bridge Officer

Post by Enterprise E » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:35 pm

So far, from what I've seen, Worf is the best of the Kingons. He's a champion Bat'leth fighter. As for the fight, the odds are stacked against Worf simply because it is so hard to put an Ork down, given they can survive a massive head wound and numerous holes in the torso and still fight. While Klingons have multiple redundant organs, it usually only takes a single phaser blast, stab, or cut, to put them down or even kill them so their redundant organs may not be so useful in battle after all. Worf does have a chance if he can behead the Ork (I think), but he'll be relying on his fighting skill and cunning, rather than his ability to soak damage. He'll have a better chance if he knows that an Ork can survive multiple wounds that would kill a normal humanoid but the odds will be stacked against him. It's not necessarily unwinnable, though. The fight just as highly depends on the Ork's skill in close combat as it does Worf's. If the Ork isn't good enough to hit Worf, it won't matter. He may be able to survive multiple wounds, but if he can't hit Worf, those wounds will eventually take their toll.

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:34 pm

Enterprise E wrote:So far, from what I've seen, Worf is the best of the Kingons. He's a champion Bat'leth fighter. As for the fight, the odds are stacked against Worf simply because it is so hard to put an Ork down, given they can survive a massive head wound and numerous holes in the torso and still fight. While Klingons have multiple redundant organs, it usually only takes a single phaser blast, stab, or cut, to put them down or even kill them so their redundant organs may not be so useful in battle after all. Worf does have a chance if he can behead the Ork (I think), but he'll be relying on his fighting skill and cunning, rather than his ability to soak damage. He'll have a better chance if he knows that an Ork can survive multiple wounds that would kill a normal humanoid but the odds will be stacked against him. It's not necessarily unwinnable, though. The fight just as highly depends on the Ork's skill in close combat as it does Worf's. If the Ork isn't good enough to hit Worf, it won't matter. He may be able to survive multiple wounds, but if he can't hit Worf, those wounds will eventually take their toll.
Well, while it isn't wise to underestimate an Ork, I would postulate your "average" Ork is typically short on refined skill, let alone any classical or traditional training as we might understand the term, relying more on natural talent, savagery and its brute strength and endurance in order to win.

To that end, speaking only of my personal opinion, I do think Worf would have the edge provided, as you mentioned, he isn't caught off guard by the Ork's resiliency.

But, having discarded both Klingons and Wookiees, I'm curious, if you don't mind me asking, what you think may prove a more even and fair match. From either Trek and Wars or yet a third universe. Maybe a Green Martian from Barsoom perhaps for a little greenskin on greenskin action? ;)

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:29 am

Enterprise E wrote:So far, from what I've seen, Worf is the best of the Kingons. He's a champion Bat'leth fighter. As for the fight, the odds are stacked against Worf simply because it is so hard to put an Ork down, given they can survive a massive head wound and numerous holes in the torso and still fight. While Klingons have multiple redundant organs, it usually only takes a single phaser blast, stab, or cut, to put them down or even kill them so their redundant organs may not be so useful in battle after all. Worf does have a chance if he can behead the Ork (I think), but he'll be relying on his fighting skill and cunning, rather than his ability to soak damage. He'll have a better chance if he knows that an Ork can survive multiple wounds that would kill a normal humanoid but the odds will be stacked against him. It's not necessarily unwinnable, though. The fight just as highly depends on the Ork's skill in close combat as it does Worf's. If the Ork isn't good enough to hit Worf, it won't matter. He may be able to survive multiple wounds, but if he can't hit Worf, those wounds will eventually take their toll.
Like he said... ;)

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:30 am

sonofccn wrote:
Well, while it isn't wise to underestimate an Ork, I would postulate your "average" Ork is typically short on refined skill, let alone any classical or traditional training as we might understand the term, relying more on natural talent, savagery and its brute strength and endurance in order to win.

To that end, speaking only of my personal opinion, I do think Worf would have the edge provided, as you mentioned, he isn't caught off guard by the Ork's resiliency.

But, having discarded both Klingons and Wookiees, I'm curious, if you don't mind me asking, what you think may prove a more even and fair match. From either Trek and Wars or yet a third universe. Maybe a Green Martian from Barsoom perhaps for a little greenskin on greenskin action? ;)
James Reynolds would be a good match... Or an augment from ENT or NuTrek...

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:07 pm

Praeothmin wrote:
sonofccn wrote:

James Reynolds would be a good match... Or an augment from ENT or NuTrek...
Yeah...Reynolds is overkill for just a run of the mill Ork. That's just cruel. ;)

Now an Augment like
should be a fairer fight.