Worf versus a Statue

VS debates involving other fictional universes than Star Trek or Star Wars go here, along with technical analysis, detailed discussion, crossover scenario descriptions, and similar related stuffs.
Narsil
Jedi Knight

Worf versus a Statue

Post by Narsil » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:42 pm

Worf is in an empty room with no doors or windows. There is a statue that portrays a weeping angel on the other side of the room. He must survive for a full and consistent ten minutes without doing any time travel, and he will then be transported back to the Enterprise or Deep Space Nine.

This is what the angel should look like.

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:35 pm

The only way for him to survive is if he has a force field, either personal or area. Since you have cut off all light, the angel that can't move when being watched (which requires visible light) will reach him in less than a few seconds and tear him apart.

Why don't you just ask him to survive being thrown into an active volcano naked?

Edit: Scratch that. Using a phaser will produce visible light, which can be used to see the angel, stopping it. All that's required is for there to be visible light anywhere in the room. The beam hits the statue, breaking it apart. Hell, Worf uses a flashlight and he wins.

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:22 pm

He doesn't actually die, though, he just gets put into a nice position and then he lives to death.

OmniBack
Padawan

Post by OmniBack » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:59 pm

Worf goes h2h and beats their asses... obviously.

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:54 pm

OmniBack wrote:Worf goes h2h and beats their asses... obviously.
Regardless of the fact that when you touch them you end up somewhere about a century before you were actually born? Do use your common sense man, if Worf goes hand-to-hand, he loses! In fact, he's better off staying at least several hundred feet away from the statue at all times.

OmniBack
Padawan

Post by OmniBack » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:25 am

Narsil wrote:
OmniBack wrote:Worf goes h2h and beats their asses... obviously.
Regardless of the fact that when you touch them you end up somewhere about a century before you were actually born? Do use your common sense man, if Worf goes hand-to-hand, he loses! In fact, he's better off staying at least several hundred feet away from the statue at all times.
Why?

We don't know how long or how they do it... Worf might kill the thing first.

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:14 pm

It's implied heavily in the episode that if they touch you, you're going to spend the last fifty years living to death. Worf's also got a mild reach disadvantage given that the statues are much bigger and taller than the average, ordinary person.

OmniBack
Padawan

Post by OmniBack » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:10 pm

Narsil wrote:It's implied heavily in the episode that if they touch you, you're going to spend the last fifty years living to death. Worf's also got a mild reach disadvantage given that the statues are much bigger and taller than the average, ordinary person.
Well Klingons do live for more than one hundred years... so eventually the statue would be fighting dozens of Worfs...

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:56 pm

Yes, a geriatric Worf who's been displaced in the time/space continuum; the first person sent back went all the way to 1920! Just long enough for the person to be dead/dying upon eventually reaching the modern day, y'know. In three other locations, the people were sent to 1969; two never actually made it to 1970 (TARDIS-related interference) and the other one died of cancer mere hours after arriving back in his own time at the ripe old age of sixty-odd.

Worf has absolutely no chance of beating the Weeping Angel unless he can force it into a position like four of them suffered in the episode. And he's not smart enough to arrange that, he's likely smart enough to think of it, don't get me wrong, but he can't arrange it.

And if you look at the OP, he's lost simply by engaging in the time travel, end of story.

OmniBack
Padawan

Post by OmniBack » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:35 am

Narsil wrote: Worf has absolutely no chance of beating the Weeping Angel unless he can force it into a position like four of them suffered in the episode. And he's not smart enough to arrange that, he's likely smart enough to think of it, don't get me wrong, but he can't arrange it.
Multiple Worfs mean more than one set of eyes kepping the statue... a statue.
Narsil wrote:And if you look at the OP, he's lost simply by engaging in the time travel, end of story.
I didn't know living counted as time travel, guess I'm a time traveler too!

Wait 'till I tell mom!

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:20 pm

Right... here's what happens in simple words;

Worf try to hit statue.

Worf touch statue.

Worf sent back in time and space to the stone age somewhere on Quo'nos.

Worf loses the conditions of the OP.

Worf fossilised by the time he gets back.

OmniBack
Padawan

Post by OmniBack » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:55 am

Narsil wrote:Right... here's what happens in simple words;

Worf try to hit statue.

Worf touch statue.

Worf sent back in time and space to the stone age somewhere on Quo'nos.

Worf loses the conditions of the OP.

Worf fossilised by the time he gets back.
Wrong, Worf gets sent back, than another... older Worf shows up.

This repeats untill dozens of Worfs are staring at the Weeping, than while it is a statue they kill it.

No time travel and the original Worf will still be there for more than ten minutes.

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:24 am

For fuck's sake... you're aware that these angels very nearly defeated in a Time Lord in the same fashion, aren't you? If I didn't see that bloody stupidity of yours for myself right here and now, I wouldn't believe it was happening.

OmniBack
Padawan

Post by OmniBack » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:18 pm

Narsil wrote:For fuck's sake... you're aware that these angels very nearly defeated in a Time Lord in the same fashion, aren't you? If I didn't see that bloody stupidity of yours for myself right here and now, I wouldn't believe it was happening.

Kligons live for what like 200 years?

Worf touches an Angel and gets sent back about 100 years.

Then an older Worf comes to the room to help Worf.

Worf touches an Angel and gets sent back about 100 years.

Then another older Worf comes to the room to help Worf.

Repeat until there are enough Worfs to beat the Angel.

Besides what's to stop Worf from just looking at the Angel and killing it while it is a statue?

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:42 pm

Right, let's put it in perspective. That didn't work for a Time Lord, a fucking Time Lord, a being that can live forever barring accidents, and when an accident does happen, they've got thirteen chances at life anyway so it doesn't matter much. What makes you think Worf can match that sort of edge.

And the second Worf would be a useless geriatric, the third would have died of old age and you don't even want to know how bad the fourth would be.
Besides what's to stop Worf from just looking at the Angel and killing it while it is a statue?
He's unarmed, and therefore has to touch it. He also has to blink at some point, in which case he instantly loses after having blinked once.